It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts On Graham Hancock?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Hanslune
I checked Graham H's webpage to see what he was up to and I see that he has taken up writing fantasy/historical fiction novels - well dang we wish him luck on that, and I'm sure he will do well with all the experience he has in writing fantasy!

Without any snark at all (for once,) I wish him well too.

I've said a million times he's the best writer of that bunch.

Harte

I'm sure he'll be utterly thrilled with your appraisal of him.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: 131415
I'm going to devote my life to uncovering secrets that have been oppressed by the most powerful institutions in the history of mankind:

I got my popcorn Dude...go nuts!

Yeah, start another thread here and tell us all about it

Really, couldn't tell that I was being facetious there at all huh?

Later Graham - job well done. You introduced a large population of people to an alternative theory of mankind's past. Under the strict rules and regulations of whatever intelligence agency or agencies that paid you.

I'm all for destabilizing this atrocious 'First World' - but lets not be stupid enough to think its not happening on purpose. And lets not think that the next incarnation (though dressed differently) will be any better than the previous 600 versions.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

I checked Graham H's webpage to see what he was up to and I see that he has taken up writing fantasy/historical fiction novels - well dang we wish him luck on that, and I'm sure he will do well with all the experience he has in writing fantasy!

Harte

I'm sure he would, he does (did) seek public attention
edit on 21/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I'm going to devote my life to uncovering secrets that have been oppressed by the most powerful institutions in the history of mankind:

I got my popcorn Dude...go nuts!

Yeah, start another thread here and tell us all about it

Really, couldn't tell that I was being facetious there at all huh?

Later Graham - job well done. You introduced a large population of people to an alternative theory of mankind's past. Under the strict rules and regulations of whatever intelligence agency or agencies that paid you.

I'm all for destabilizing this atrocious 'First World' - but lets not be stupid enough to think its not happening on purpose. And lets not think that the next incarnation (though dressed differently) will be any better than the previous 600 versions.

So are you kidding now or earlier, hard to tell.

If you do hold to secret bad guys running the world of archaeology please start up a thread on the subject, if you are being silly, disregard.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

Harte

Well, IMO, he ought to be!

Harte

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Hey friend.

I found out about the LionMan many years ago, but I shall check out your thread.

Thanks for the additional information regarding the sculpture! I shall definitely research it in more depth. As an artist of various forms myself I find great joy in seeing some of the skilled work of our ancestors.

I guess my point about the LionMan was to do with the fact that we showed what I dare call 'advanced' art around 40,000 BC (including all the other ivory carvings you mention) that we do not witness again for 10,000s of years. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

I believe the next significant find of detailed figurines comes in the form of the 'Venus figurines', from around 20,000-30,000 BC if I'm correct, although in my opinion they come nowhere close to the craftsmanship of the LionMan.

To rephrase, the LionMan is ample evidence that different 'groups' of humans were excelled in a multitude of different skills at different times in our history. It is slightly opposing to the commonly taught 'linear' patten of human growth. I honestly believe our history on this Earth is much more complex than we currently know.

That's not to suggest that there was a super-advanced space-faring race on Earth in the past, but the possibility that civilisations rose to the level of the ancient Egyptians (for example) at some point 50,000 to 100,000 years ago or so. It really is a fascinating subject.

I'd love to see our whole history as humans on this Earth more so than any future event. There is much more mystery than we'd like to admit to be honest - although I'm sure you know this.

We're not even entirely sure about the ancient Egyptians, 5000 years ago, let alone the full picture of what happened in the preceding 200,000 years. For example, our only true source on the great pyramid/sphinx (Herodotus' dialogue with an Egyptian high priest) presents us the idea that they were both built by 'Shepard Kings' before the 1st dynasties of Egypt!

There's so much mystery to unravel! Thanks for filling out more blanks for me.
edit on 22-8-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

Thanks for the thought provoking post, and apologies for the belated reply as i've been away from home for a few days, i'm going to reply in the Lionman Thread i made a few weeks ago as it seems more appropriate and wont take this thread off topic etc

ETA: i wanted to do your reply justice and while fact checking i found out about a couple of very ancient items that *may* be sculptures.... i think it's even worth starting a new thread (which i rarely do) on the earliest human artworks/carvings so that's the route i'm going to take - thanks for the inspiration and i'll post a link here when i'm done.

edit on 26-8-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

New Thread on Ancient Artworks

It's a roundabout answer but you'll catch my drift.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I like your posts.
The problem we have as humans is assuming we know even 1/5th of what occurred in historical times. We don't!
Each piece of historical record is biased and likely propaganda, so even the most reliable Egyptian evidence is likely a lie. We assume we can rely on historical records for our evidence and try to fit the proven data into this story, but it just doesn't fit.
There's something about GH's work that makes sense on an unexplainable level. He speaks to people in an almost instinctual sense and it just fits. I'm not totally convinced by what he has suggested in his books; however, I place him in the same league as the rest of the muddled, propaganda-plagued historians, who also don't have a clue.
We are such a naive race, assuming we can decode the past with our assumptions and preconceived notions - it's laughable

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join