It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This takes stupidity to a whole new level.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Found this video on CNN they say it's a growing trend among teens. This takes stupidity to a whole new level must see to be believed. Teens are setting themselves on fire for likes on Facebook.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 13-8-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
fixed

edit on p5308p31Wed, 13 Aug 2014 09:53:31 -0500539931 by pimptriggs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pimptriggs
your link does not work a reply to: wantsome

Try again working now.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Someone posted this already: thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Good, they're escalating.

Soon it'll be Russian roulette and we'll have less oxygen thieves to prop up

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
Soon it'll be Russian roulette and we'll have less oxygen thieves to prop up.

Mao! Mao!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Most deffinitly a demonstration of the true value of social media.

Reminds me of the "rednecks" famous last words,

'Hey, y'all. Watch this!"

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My son and daughter (ages 9 and 11) told me that their sister (18 year old- my ex-stepdaughter) was putting perfume on her hands and lighting it.

She is a moron. I wish she had no contact with my kids any more.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

It's "Here, hold my beer. Watch this!"

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Huh? I am going to puke....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

For Facebook likes? You have to be kidding me?

First problem:

This kids parents should have bought him up to give not one single fig, about what others think about him. They should have taught him to self validate, not to require the constant attention and reinforcement of recognition from his peers. There is nothing more anathemic to healthy development in the modern age, than obsession over the opinions of ones contemporaries. Growing up is much like learning to drive. If you assume everyone you see around you is doing it horrifically wrong, or may do at any given moment, you will be better off in the long run!

Second problem:

That human beings are this stupid. I mean, you can be bought up as wrong as can be, but if you do not know that it is a bad idea to set yourself on fire, then no amount of education was ever going to help you. If a person lacks the self preservation instincts required to prevent themselves from BEING ON FIRE then it really does not matter a damn who their mother is. What is is important, is that people like this create danger out of woolen socks, could plan a Micheal Bay movie using the contents of a kitchen cupboard, and cannot be trusted near gas cookers, electrical outlets, fuel pumping stations, vehicles of any kind, sharp implements, firearms, blunt instruments, optical grade glass, fine china, crap china, or around supplies of oxygen.

I mean seriously!

edit on 13-8-2014 by TrueBrit because: Spelling and grammar improvements.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
To quote Forrest Gump..."Stupid is as stupid does".

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
the 2014 Darwin award is hotting up

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Good, they're escalating.

Soon it'll be Russian roulette and we'll have less oxygen thieves to prop up

Hopefully they'll use a shotgun to play and do us all a favor.
edit on 13-8-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I guess some people just have to learn the hard way that it is no fun to be on fire.
Nobody ever had to tell me that fact. I was able to surmise that one at an early age with my own brain.
By definition, half of the people out there are dumber than average.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

A redeck challenge is one thing. Setting yourself on fire for fun is low IQ stupidity.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Stupid is as stupid does.

My only question is, where are the parents?

Hopefully they have really good health insurance.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What is the difference between this and a million other dumb things teens do. I remember back at college and highschool parties their was dumb people who would put football helmets on and run into the wall over and over. Or play the knife game rapidly stabbing between their fingers. Guess what sometimes the knife goes through your hand. Or binge drinking until you pass out. Guess what some people never wake up. Teens are stupid. End of story lol. Nothing new here. We just now have the internet and everyone gets to see the dumb things teens have always done.
edit on 13-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That video horrified me as a mother. If you watched the video there were a few things that were evident.

The bathtub was filed with water. Why did this fool run around? No one had running water ready to help him. And, the worst part listening to this fools screams of pain while the shower curtains were on fire was that bathroom was full of people!!!

What kind of family or friends let this fool hare a lighter?! He's extremely lucky he didn't catch his hair on fire.

I really hope he's getting mental health treatment as well. Because this does not seem like something a normal person does.

I also agree with the woman in the video about parenting, the issue seems to be his mother had no more sense than the child. As a parent I understand learning to let go, tough love and natural consiquences.

There is a point where you have say there's a line and I'm still your parent, is something I say to my kids when we goof off. Honestly I use it against them when I don't want to be pranked back.

This woman can't be too happy with herself right now. I really need to know, did they post this to FB?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Why did this fool run around?

You answered that question already.... 'fool'.

No one had running water ready to help him.

Fools raising fools.
It's best not to have any help available. Survival will only encourage more fools to do it, and we will still have the original fool around to try another stupid act.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join