It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
The Crusades were waged by ROMAN CATHOLICS and none of the other Christian sects. Yet ALL Christians suffer for what the RC did.

The only other Christian sect back then was Greek Orthodox. The protestant reformation didn't happen yet, so if you were in Europe and a Christian, you were Catholic.

You appear to have a warped view of reality. You've been caught distorting facts and misrepresenting the truth to make it seem like your OP is true. Then ignore people who point this out.
edit on 13-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

AGAIN... because the only religion that actually affects people of other religions or atheists is Christianity... it affects our laws and our societies... you go ahead and try to be openly Wiccan in the south, see what happens.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: grandmakdw

it appears that atheists and the US government actually think Christianity is a threat to themselves and want to do away with it.

The irony is they appear to think Islam is not a threat with what appears to be support of Islam, while ISIS or ISIL is currently calling for the death of all non Islamics.

I don't know about atheists or the government, as I am neither - but I think ALL of the Abrahamic religions pose a threat to humanity at large.
(I'm an Agnostic Deist.)

So sad, because you are looking at only the extremists in each group, not the good all of these groups have done through the ages.

What about atheists, aren't they a threat to humanity? Stalin, Mao who systematically murdered all believers in their countries. Hitler was definitely not a theist, he murdered thousands of Jews, and Christians. I can account for million upon millions killed by atheists.

Hitler was an admitted Christian. Regardless of who he killed, he certainly believed in Christianity. The whole idea of a Third Reich is steeped in Catholic dogma. Not to mention his obsession with the occult.

Christian is a general term. Hitler was a ROMAN CATHOLIC.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Right which is a denomination of Christianity. The poster I was responding to tried to allude to him being atheist.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Um... A cab company is a private company and manages the religious activities of its employees however it wants. That is, without the government's influence.

Your examples of christian persecution are hyperbole. First off a teacher in a public school is under government domain so that is certainly something that can be cracked down on because it isn't right or legal. You are going to have to produce evidence of Christian sports teams and prayer groups being cracked down on. It just looks like a bunch of anecdotal evidence to me.

In fact, please start sourcing your claims. You seem to be making many accusations of persecution against Christianity but haven't produced ANY sources or links to back those claims up. The one story I was familiar with, showed that you were HIGHLY exaggerating what was going on. So source your claims!

Cab companies don't own the streets they blocked my taxes paid for that.

get a life you just hate Christians just admit it and move on.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And the pushy Christians who don't own the government (yet) or the public schools (yet) that they want to impose "opening prayers" on, are wasting the time of others who are uninterested in prayer. Your taxes are paying for that.

edit on 8/13/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

just goolge for the sources you have fingers don't you?

Just present the sources! You have them at hand don't you?
It's your OP. Back it up. And make sure your sources are not Fox or TheBlaze...because those don't count. Sorry.

You are fully aware that 99% of the stories on Fox news.com are from the AP or UP?

Sound like you would like me take everything from Huffington Post, Where I woud find it difficult to see and read one normal conservative idea at all.

I have another thread from last year that has most of those links however I don't need to back up what is true. Just because you haven't read the stories doesn't mean their not true.

Try reading a little more foxnews and be a little more balanced.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And the pushy Christians who don't own the government (yet) that they want to impose "opening prayers" on, are wasting the time of others who are uninterested in prayer. Your taxes are paying for that.

Buwaah wahh wahh

link   
The biggest threat to Christianity are Christians themselves.

Sad to say, but it's true.

link   

Um... A cab company is a private company and manages the religious activities of its employees however it wants. That is, without the government's influence.

Your examples of christian persecution are hyperbole. First off a teacher in a public school is under government domain so that is certainly something that can be cracked down on because it isn't right or legal. You are going to have to produce evidence of Christian sports teams and prayer groups being cracked down on. It just looks like a bunch of anecdotal evidence to me.

In fact, please start sourcing your claims. You seem to be making many accusations of persecution against Christianity but haven't produced ANY sources or links to back those claims up. The one story I was familiar with, showed that you were HIGHLY exaggerating what was going on. So source your claims!

get a life you just hate Christians just admit it and move on.

Well those cab companies would get a ticket for blocking the street if a police officer saw them. Religious practice (without a permit) is no reason to stop traffic on a busy street. So I'm saying you are wrong here.

Though the other part is an ad hominem attack. Well done sir, you just displayed one of the petty last resorts of someone with a terrible argument in the process of being utterly defeated. I've laid down point after point explaining why you are wrong and instead of refuting ANY OF THEM you stoop to insulting my character.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Public high school, meaning it is government.

Separation of church and state.

Take your god home.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I have another thread from last year that has most of those links however I don't need to back up what is true. Just because you haven't read the stories doesn't mean their not true.

Try reading a little more foxnews and be a little more balanced.

LOL!!
I DO read Foxnews, and also TheBlaze, and also Huffington post, and CNN, and NPR, and Consortium News, and Alternet.....
I get a balanced view of it.

Do you??

And yes, you DO need to back up what you claim is true. Fox is not "true".
edit on 8/13/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

There is no reason to believe that atheists will be less judgmental or hurtful if/when they are the majority.

Oh, where to start? :-)

Relax - and fear not the irreligious...

A 2012 study by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life reports that just 6% of the US population are atheists even though the number of religiously unaffiliated has grown from 15% to just under 20%.

According to a 2011 Gallup poll, more than 9 in 10 Americans say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question. However, when given the choice to express uncertainties, the percentage of belief in God drops into the 70% to 80% range. When Americans are given the option of saying they believe in a universal spirit or higher power instead of in "God," about 12% choose the former.[

Looks like it might be a while - first of all

But, I understand why you're worried - people were expressing similar concerns in South Africa not too long ago. India - once upon a time. History is full of examples - even of fighting between different kinds of Christians - not to mention other religions

Losing control is worrisome - but civilization usually carries on. It's easy to see that it doesn't always go smoothly, it's not always perfect - but in some ways, and some places - we seem to be getting better at it

I wouldn't worry about it too much grandmakdw - we're not here to take away your religion or hurt you - for crying out loud. We just think the law should work for everybody. School - not a church. A courtroom - also, not a church. Who I marry - none of your beezwax

My body - not under your jurisdiction

It's all pretty straight forward really - no need for violence

edit on 8/13/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I so agree. It like two goats ramming their head against each other, and yet, they ignore the wolf.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The Crusades were waged by ROMAN CATHOLICS and none of the other Christian sects. Yet ALL Christians suffer for what the RC did.

The only other Christian sect back then was Greek Orthodox. The protestant reformation didn't happen yet, so if you were in Europe and a Christian, you were Catholic.

You appear to have a warped view of reality. You've been caught distorting facts and misrepresenting the truth to make it seem like your OP is true. Then ignore people who point this out.

you better go do a little more study on world religions and Christianity. There were more than just two Christians groups and besides the crusades went from 1000-1400's The baptist were one of the largest of them before the reformation they date back to 1200 and are recorded in Roman Church documents. Also they killed off one of the earliest churches in Italy before the RC was started in 306AD.

So whose view of reality is warped?
edit on 13-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Public high school, meaning it is government.

Separation of church and state.

Take your god home.
(a high school in San Diego CA for those who want to look)

Public high school with prayer rooms for muslim, in which when the call for prayer comes it interrupts the class, they leave, come back and disrupt the class again.

Prayer before school starts around a flag pole, or a student after hours bible club, just can't be tolerated and must be crushed at all cost.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You're really in no place to judge another person's take on reality when in your mind one hotel in England replacing Bibles with 50 Shades of Grey constitutes a shot fired in the war on Christianity.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

you better go do a little more study on world religions and Christianity. There were more than just two Christians groups and besides the crusades went from 1000-1400's The baptist were one of the largest of them before the reformation they date back to 1200 and are recorded in Roman Church documents. Also they killed off one of the earliest churches in Italy before the RC was started in 306AD.

So whose view of reality is warped?

Crusades

Looks like the last major Crusade ended in 1285.

Protestant Reformation

Protestant Reformation is dated back to 1517 when Luther gave his The Nintey-Five Theses. But there were some schisms dating back to the end of the 1300's

Anabaptists

Anabaptists (from Neo-Latin anabaptista,[1] from the Greek ἀναβαπτισμός: ἀνά- "over again" and βαπτισμός "baptism"[2]) are Christians of the Radical Reformation of 16th century Europe. Although some consider the Anabaptist movement to be an offshoot of Protestantism, others see it as a distinct movement.[3][page needed] [4][5] The Amish, Hutterites, and Mennonites are direct descendants of the movement. Brethren, Bruderhof, and the Apostolic Christian Church are later developments in Anabaptist groups.

The 16th century is the 1500's buddy.

See this is what I'm talking about. A warped view of reality.

link   
Many of you Atheists want to continue to blame Christians for the Crusades, the Witch hunts etc... I see everything that the op stated as true, would love to say that it isn't but that would be a lie. The main argument of you Atheists is to continue to blame the Christians for wrongs committed.....many, many years ago. So much hate must be eating at all of you, what a waste of life to hate people so vehemently that you can not see the good in any of them, because first that would require that you believe in the good of anyone who is not EXACTLY like you.

Tired of the hypocrisy

Mao 45 million murdered, Stalin 30-60 million murdered, Pol Pot 1.7 million murdered, Napoleon 6 million murdered, Mussolini close to half a million murdered, Lenin over 300.000 thousand dead, the list can go on, and on, and on.

So by the logic of you Atheists we can say that all of you are evil too and blame you all for the murders that Atheist leaders have committed. That is it, they did it and you will too. You are all good for nothing murderers at heart right? I mean if all Christians are to blame for the bad acts of other Christians then you too shall take the blame of others, but that would be wrong wouldn't it?

As an outsider I can see that sometimes Christians are annoying but surely that does not mean they should get to lose their rights to practice their religion. Science has been proven wrong so many times should we discard it all too?

Freedom of religion is not the same as freedom from religion. If Muslims can practice theirs then surely Christians should be able to read their Bible anywhere they freaking want to. I will stand by them on that no matter what.

First it is the Bible banned, then the other religious books one by one, then the stories that make you think...1984, Farenheit 541, beloved children's stories, even dictionaries one by one until poof nothing and idiocracy reins because no one can think for themselves let alone read a book. And all because some militant Atheists do not want to allow others the right to think for themselves.

So what someone once wanted to save your soul, so what they believe in a higher power...really the only way that hurts any of you is because you hate with such passion that you end up with bloody ulcers and frothing at the mouth. Seriously, wipe up and move on already.

The most amusing part of all of this is the fact that you can not see that the more you hate and take from them the more they group together and gain in strength. Christians are apt to see your hate in their Bible as something that is supposed to happen. You Atheists are quite literally using your hate to make their words of their book come alive and appear true. Really rather silly and ironic when you think about it.

link   

I DO read Foxnews, and also TheBlaze, and also Huffington post, and CNN, and NPR, and Consortium News, and Alternet.....
I get a balanced view of it.

You sound like me. It's not easy finding a balanced view, but I do try by reading various news sites. I also read American Atheist. Their primary goal is absolute separation of church and state via the court room.

FOX used to be my "go to" station, until it became too ridiculous to watch. They're basically "carnival barkers" drawing people in with emotional sensationalism. I don't think FOX would know fact if it bit them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join