It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Christianity should be more scared of Christianity.

Cause at least the atheists ain't torturing, burning, murdering like the christians did a few centuries ago.

Instead of burning witchs, should b *itchs.
edit on 13-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Christianity should be more scared of Christianity.

Cause at least the atheists ain't torturing, burning, murdering like the christians did a few centuries ago.

Instead of burning witchs, should b *itchs.

To follow your line of reasoning (not my reasoning, yours): At least the atheists ain't torturing, beheading, murdering like the Muslims are doing today. Muslims should be more scared of Muslims.

Wow, you really have been hurt to the core. I apologize for those who words or actions left such deep scars on your psyche.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

There is no reason to believe that atheists will be less judgmental or hurtful if/when they are the majority.

Look at the issue of climate change. That has nothing to do with religion yet there are lots of people who want to kill everyone who doesn't believe in global warming/climate change. www.climatedepot.com... art-punishing-them-now/
People throughout history want to eliminate ideas they deem "wrong" by killing all the believers.

I think your assumption is incorrect. I see far more intolerance and projection of evil from non-believers onto believers than you can imagine.

It seems to me that those who profess the loudest to be tolerant are really the most intolerant of those who don't hold exactly the same ideas they do.

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: spelling

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I personally am Wiccan, and I don't think that religions are ruining each other. They ruin themselves by themselves.

When Christians pick and choose what parts of their religion they want to follow.
When WBC pickets funerals, gay pride, covers songs to fit their agenda, etc.
Etc.

But I guess that's the Lord's Master plan. Which is why it's not worth my time.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
I am open to all the religious texts and have read not only the bible but many of the others. I see them as a interesting way to view the lives of the ancients..
none of them are absolutely correct in their philosophy concerning god and what he desires of us but none of them are totally lacking of interesting thought provoking stories.
I think that is where me and the religions part our ways..
since I often draw some very different conclusions that the religions

to me these holy texts are more like highways than one way streets..
they can lead you to god but they can also lead you toward evil. when it is followed in the wrong direction the spirit that is leading is more like an anti-christ than christian.. or anti-muslim whatever..
the christian religion can be used to harm others and is far too many times and when you use it to try to bring your view of what the kingdom of god is supposed to be into existence you are off track! our gov't isn't supposed to cater to any one religion it's supposed to treat them all equally as well as those among us who have no religious beliefs whatsoever.. all should be allowed to live and thrive in the american society as long as they don't harm others. that means we need to be tolerant towards the non christians and not force them to adorn themselves with the image of holiness just to please the christians. there is nothing in the world more dangerous than a mob of hypocrits that were force to be so by gov'ts that take on the role of enforcing religion except of course the gov'ts that will then proceed to use those hypocrits to annihilate anyone standing in their way.. incuding the true christians!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
I personally am Wiccan, and I don't think that religions are ruining each other. They ruin themselves by themselves.

When Christians pick and choose what parts of their religion they want to follow.
Etc.

Doesn't everyone in a religion pick and choose what they are to follow?

I have been in close contact with many Wiccans and know that they too like Christians pick and choose what to believe. Especially since there is no central text or written book to follow. Wiccans are quite free to pick and choose what to believe. Some and perhaps most are quite good people however, I have seen some Wiccan groups that have done enormous damage to themselves and others.

Aren't the ISIS/ISIL people picking and choosing what to believe and do? I think the loving, kind, peaceful Muslims would say this is very true. Should we judge all Muslims on the basis of what ISIS does?

Should we then judge all Christians on the basis of what WBC does?

Should I judge all wiccans on the few groups I have seen wreck lives?

Of course not, I won't even judge all atheists on the basis of the climate change believers who want to kill all non-believers.

Should we judge all Muslims on the current "great genocide of Islam" going on today, or all Christians on the crusades?

Why should we say all Muslims are like ISIS or all Christians are like the WBC, or all wiccans are like the ones I have known who have decimated lives? Why not look at the good Wiccans as representative of your true beliefs? Why not look at good Muslims as representatives of their true beliefs? Why not look at good Christians as representatives of their true beliefs? The world would be so much better off if we looked for the good instead of the evil.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

O thank you for noticing my damaged psyche.

And, yea, Muslims should be more scared of Muslims, considering Muslims are blowing more Muslims, then their christian enemy. Just like how the Christians burned Christians Just like how black people shoot other black people over red and blue coloured clothing, and still compalin about racism.

Nice try. No different if a King wants to fight another King.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

it appears that atheists and the US government actually think Christianity is a threat to themselves and want to do away with it.

The irony is they appear to think Islam is not a threat with what appears to be support of Islam, while ISIS or ISIL is currently calling for the death of all non Islamics.

I don't know about atheists or the government, as I am neither - but I think ALL of the Abrahamic religions pose a threat to humanity at large.
(I'm an Agnostic Deist.)

edit on 8/13/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Actually you made some good and salient points in your last post.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

it appears that atheists and the US government actually think Christianity is a threat to themselves and want to do away with it.

The irony is they appear to think Islam is not a threat with what appears to be support of Islam, while ISIS or ISIL is currently calling for the death of all non Islamics.

I don't know about atheists or the government, as I am neither - but I think ALL of the Abrahamic religions pose a threat to humanity at large.
(I'm an Agnostic Deist.)

So sad, because you are looking at only the extremists in each group, not the good all of these groups have done through the ages.

What about atheists, aren't they a threat to humanity? Stalin, Mao who systematically murdered all believers in their countries. Hitler was definitely not a theist, he murdered thousands of Jews, and Christians. I can account for million upon millions killed by atheists.

What about the liberal/progressives who call for the killing of people who don't believe as they do when it comes to climate change.

Anyone religious or not who believes they are right
and everyone else is wrong
and is angry or scared that people don't believe as they do
are a threat to humanity.

I currently find the people who call for every one to be tolerant to be the most dangerous because they only want their idea of tolerance.

Who is the real threat to humanity? Humanity itself.

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: grammar

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I' can't help but look to the irony in most culture aspects of the want for change. As bad as it is to laugh at some of them and their plight. Then again, some need to be laughed at.

Yea, it anger problem.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

Etc.

Doesn't everyone in a religion pick and choose what they are to follow?

I have been in close contact with many Wiccans and know that they too like Christians pick and choose what to believe. Especially since there is no central text or written book to follow. Wiccans are quite free to pick and choose what to believe. Some and perhaps most are quite good people however, I have seen some Wiccan groups that have done enormous damage to themselves and others.

Aren't the ISIS/ISIL people picking and choosing what to believe and do? I think the loving, kind, peaceful Muslims would say this is very true. Should we judge all Muslims on the basis of what ISIS does?

Should we then judge all Christians on the basis of what WBC does?

Should I judge all wiccans on the few groups I have seen wreck lives?

Of course not, I won't even judge all atheists on the basis of the climate change believers who want to kill all non-believers.

Should we judge all Muslims on the current "great genocide of Islam" going on today, or all Christians on the crusades?

Why should we say all Muslims are like ISIS or all Christians are like the WBC, or all wiccans are like the ones I have known who have decimated lives? Why not look at the good Wiccans as representative of your true beliefs? Why not look at good Muslims as representatives of their true beliefs? Why not look at good Christians as representatives of their true beliefs? The world would be so much better off if we looked for the good instead of the evil.

I didn't say that no other religions pick and choose. However, picking and choosing what you want to believe to harm a person, isn't something that I wish to follow, and I distance myself from them as much as I can. I don't need that sort of negativity in my life. Unfortunately, it's hard to look at the good, when we never see the good anymore.
Whens the last time you heard of WBC doing something good for their community? (And that's just one example.)
You can't look at the good in something, when that something is being used to justify evil.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Christian groups have a history of taking things too far.

Claiming the Harry potter books are satanic, so lets burn them so we can crush any belief system that is not our own:

news.bbc.co.uk...

OMG! There's a gay actor in a film! We better boycott it and show everyone how evil it is to think differently then us!

www.nytimes.com...

A rapper using organs in a song?! OMFG better boycott that! Because organs are ONLY for the church!

energy1037.cbslocal.com...

He's homosexual?! OH NOEZ! We better bully him so he doesn't recruit children!

articles.baltimoresun.com...

I could spend the rest of the week doing this but I think I made my point. The Christians who complain about being treated unfairly generally agree with the articles I posted. What the OP is experiencing is a sort of backlash for 1000's of years of the Christian and similar religions pushing their beliefs on others. It should have been expected, but when your head is that far up (you know where) it's pretty easy to be blind I guess.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

What about atheists, aren't they a threat to humanity?

No. Psychopaths are a threat to humanity.

Hitler was definitely not a theist, he murdered thousands of Jews, and Christians.

He was a psychopath. He was also raised by a skeptic father and a devout Catholic mother.
From infancy. Those early childhood 'lessons' don't ever completely go away.

Although he was sceptical of religion,[9][10] he did not present himself to the public as an atheist, and spoke of belief in an "almighty creator".[11][12] In private he could be ambiguous.[13][14]
en.wikipedia.org...

So sad, because you are looking at only the extremists in each group, not the good all of these groups have done through the ages.

People can "do good" without having to claim a "God." That's what Humanism is about. Caring for other humans.

Don't see what your problem is with them.

edit on 8/13/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Ok, this is the truth, I have known a Wiccan group who had 4 members commit suicide over the course of several months, then try and blame their problems on Christians and actually go so far as to (unsuccessfully) try and take legal recourse toward the Christians, who at the time the problems happened didn't even know the Wiccan group existed, and only after one of them (someone asked to investigate by authorities) investigated the spate of suicides and 2 additional suspicious deaths all lead to the Wiccan group found out about the group.

But I have also known Wiccan groups who were quite peaceful and were very nice/good people.

Should I then hold all Wiccan's to the bad I witnessed and say, why didn't other Wiccans step in and stop what was going on?

That is the standard you have set for Christians, if you agree we can hold all Wiccans to the standard of being responsible for the extreme Wiccan groups then you will be consistent in your argument.

However, I think you really agree with me that this group was an aberration and not to be held up as an example of all Wiccans.

Sorry Mods, I have seriously digressed from the OP. But I am defending the faith I think that as was pointed out in the OP has been much misunderstood and persecuted lately, and even to the point of being beheaded and their children sliced in half for their faith lately.

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: grammar

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: clarity

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Christianity has never victimized anybody. Bwwahhhaah, Shut up.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Never said I had a problem with humanism.

I have a problem with people who take extremists in any group and call them representative of the whole.

I have a problem with people not acknowledging that all of humanity has a dark side and when
beliefs are challenged
or perceived to be challenged
or become so twisted that one becomes enraged when others don't agree
or become so embedded in peoples minds that their belief is right and all others are wrong
be they religious faiths, political ideas, political mindsets, any strongly held belief
can and have become dangerous to humanity.

And it is humanity itself that can be the most destructive to other human beings. Humanity is the greatest threat to itself.

(I did not say humanism, I say humanity)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Just wow.

Never knew I was anti-american.

I don't have a problem with religion as long as it stays in the church.

Some people believe in a God. Some people believe in a mythical creature called "Bigfoot". Neither exists

edit on R532014-08-13T12:53:00-05:00k538Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

(I'm an Agnostic Deist.)

What about atheists, aren't they a threat to humanity? Stalin, Mao who systematically murdered all believers in their countries. Hitler was definitely not a theist, he murdered thousands of Jews, and Christians. I can account for million upon millions killed by atheists.

Hitler was an admitted Christian. Regardless of who he killed, he certainly believed in Christianity. The whole idea of a Third Reich is steeped in Catholic dogma. Not to mention his obsession with the occult.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

And it is humanity itself that can be the most destructive to other human beings. Humanity is the greatest threat to itself.

I agree with you there.

Humanity is also the lot that came up with "religion." Do you think we might someday outgrow it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join