It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to the Bible the Egyptians are God's people.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
Egypt is where the bible took its gods from. Jesus refers to himself as the Amen. Amen is hebrew but it has its origins from Amun aka Amen the egyptian god. Also jesus fits the story of Osiris, an egyptian god, born of a virgin.

The Jesus story has similarities to the Tammuz/Nimrod/Semiramis story. Though I don't think Jesus was an evil person I think somewhere down the track the Pagan symbolism was added and possibly by Pagans themselves and that was not meant to happen. I think the Jesus account in the Bible is not entirely accurate but I could be wrong also.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

TextFrom the book of Isaiah chapter 19:23 23In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt and the Egyptians into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians. 24In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, 25whom the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, "Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance."

You and Isaiah are both correct. That is till the old covenant was done away with. With the new covenant all people are born into one spirit.

Prior to Jesus it was the old covenant of Judah who was given God's authority to mankind and yes the sceptre (Scepter) did lay in the Hebrews who were Egyptians before the Sinai convention. Remember that even Joseph was raised an Egyptian and had many descendants who were also Egyptian.

Gen_49:10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

As Jesus came to us, the new covenant was given to all people and the sceptre was passed from Judah to Jesus.

Mat_2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

O, every religion wants to be Right in their context, and isn't it always for political purposes? I mean, look at how religion still affects politics even in todays modern world?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

YHVH is the Great Architect of this Universe.

A lot of evidence would suggest otherwise; a local mountain deity. A petty jealous god borrowed from the Canaanites.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Yeh the parting of the Red Sea for Moses' escape was not sorcery?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You are very right to suggest context here. All of Isaiah 19 is a prophecy against Egypt. The specific verse in question only happens after Egypt is more or less rent asunder, top to bottom, and all have acknowledged God.

In that day the Egyptians will become weaklings. They will shudder with fear at the uplifted hand that the Lord Almighty raises against them. 17 And the land of Judah will bring terror to the Egyptians; everyone to whom Judah is mentioned will be terrified, because of what the Lord Almighty is planning against them

In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord Almighty. One of them will be called the City of the Sun.

In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. 20 It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them. 21 So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them. 22 The Lord will strike Egypt with a plague; he will strike them and heal them. They will turn to the Lord, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them.
-- Isaiah 19: 16-22

So all of this must come to pass in Egypt, including a country-wide acknowledgment of God as Lord before Egypt can be termed as God's people, and if they do acknowledge God, then, yes, they will be ... just like any of the rest of the faithful.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
From the book of Isaiah chapter 19:23
23In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt and the Egyptians into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians. 24In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, 25whom the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, "Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance."

Any opinions on the subject?

Sure, the Egyptians were the "original" basis for the Qumran Essene doctrines; writers of the Dead Sea Scrolls; (the white brotherhood) those that knew their extraterrestrial creational beginnings. Jesus and John the Babtist were Essenes.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: DarknStormy

Yeh the parting of the Red Sea for Moses' escape was not sorcery?

He never parted a "Red Sea" as it did not exist; this was not transcribed accurately. He parted some bull rushes that flood waters from a 'wash area' (or marsh) receded from is is all and he found solid ground within it to cross; he had to wait one week for the waters to dissipate (where does the Red Sea inaccuracy/fallacy come from and why) it was marsh land.
edit on 16-8-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
everyone is God's chosen.

Romans 14:11New International Version (NIV)

11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.’”[a]

how you get treated depends on whether you are raymond or robert.
edit on 31084981231am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Text He never parted a "Red Sea" as it did not exist; this was not transcribed accurately. He parted some bull rushes that flood waters from a 'wash area' (or marsh) receded from is is all and he found solid ground within it to cross; he had to wait one week for the waters to dissipate (where does the Red Sea inaccuracy/fallacy come from and why) it was marsh land.

I have heard this quite often on ATS but for the life of me I have never read the manuscripts that confirm your statement. Can you give me the location of manuscripts and where I can read the translation of your statement? You must have a source for making such a bold statement that refutes the Septuagint and Masoretic texts.

Being a retired air recon map maker I had never realized that the Red Sea had never existed in the days of Moses. That is a new one on me. Not saying that you are wrong but only that I would love to see your ancient sources.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If we all are from Adam and Eve then we are all the same "People". Doesn't the very act of attempting to interpret Gods words make you an agnostic? If you have to interpret it, that means you don't know exactly what it means so you have to make judgment's on it or make a decision on its meaning. That makes everyone an agnostic. That means everyone has a different religion. Just saying...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think that it identifies Egypt, Assyria and Israel as a Father, Mother and Son, a family, that had been destroyed and scattered and predicts they will be reunified.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
If we all are from Adam and Eve then we are all the same "People". Doesn't the very act of attempting to interpret Gods words make you an agnostic? If you have to interpret it, that means you don't know exactly what it means so you have to make judgment's on it or make a decision on its meaning. That makes everyone an agnostic. That means everyone has a different religion. Just saying...

Exactly that's all theology is .....a very poor "guess" of what the "existing text" means.If someone can't even get the basics correct(by reason) how could it be possible they can get anything else correct.A little leaven corrupts the whole lump of dough.

Common reason is EVERY person is a human "creation".Therefore if there is a creator God EVERYONE is the "chosen" people of the creator God.The extreme bigotry exemplified by some (many) peoples personal "Belief System religion" is appalling and full of justification of things they know nothing of.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede
I am not aware of any manuscripts available on the Red Sea; but you have gained my interest to see who else holds this information. I told you the translations of "red sea" meant actually the color of the rushes/reeds in the marsh that was flooded at the time "appeared to look like a red sea", only 5 foot deep and once it drained (by natural cause) it was crossable after some wait time. I have NO source for a bold statement; I can only say that I know this to be a fact. Was I there? possibly, have I been told by a higher self, probably/and so goes my 'ancient sources' I've just outted (apologies to you all although I know you don't mind). You were an air recon map maker? that is entirely awesome (what areas).

edit on 16-8-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

How do you know those are "gods" words; as man wrote or interpreted them. They are Mans Words; and as Man is a creation of God "or an aspect of" they ARE Gods words so makes the interpreter (or man) an AUTOMATIC agnostic.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
For from Him, through Him, and to Him are all things (panta/the All in greek)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

"Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance."
In the Septuagint, it says, "blessed are my people in Egypt and in Assyria and Israel my inheritance."

If you want to read the Greek, you can go here,
studybible.info...

edit on 22-8-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
GOD = Gold, Oil, Drugs

We are so far from the Truth it hurts...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join