It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to the Bible the Egyptians are God's people.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
From the book of Isaiah chapter 19:23
23In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt and the Egyptians into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians. 24In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, 25whom the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, "Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance."

Any opinions on the subject?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

I think many are who seek the guidance and spiritual supports of the LORD. When I read religious data like this pointing out specific groups, I try to consider the potential hands of influence that have touched the Great book data who may have had hidden agenda in mind. 1 is not saying this is the case but is something considered...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The religion of Abraham was given to Mankind, not the Jews, not the Egyptians, not the Persians, Mankind as one. No group of people should proclaim superiority over anyone else when it comes to the religion of Abraham or anything after that either.

Even the so-called chosen people throughout the Biblical story are punished when they stray from the path of God and people who are not considered God's people rise above them also when they stray.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
YHVH is the god of the Pharoahs. There is plenty of articles showing that Moses was an Egyptian and not an Israelite.

In response to DarknStormy:

The religion of Abraham was given to Mankind, not the Jews, not the Egyptians, not the Persians, Mankind as one

Nah, Jehovah was a petty local mountain god. Jehovah is not the supreme creator of the Universe. I do not claim superiority over any other person. I am not a chosen person so therefore I cannot be punished if I stray from a petty mountain gods idea what path it wishes any one to follow

peace

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Any opinions on the subject?

According to Acts of the Apostles, it seems evident that Christianity spread from Israel to Egypt and Assyria in the earliest days of the church, so that might be one answer.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Isiah was saying
'Blessed is Egypt', although not as you seem to suggest 'Blessed are the Egyptians'

The country and the people (in this passage are seperate entities

Its my take on this particular passage, however I am a man and nobody to know the mind of God

CD

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The God of Egypt was Pharoah in those days. The religion of Egypt was Pharoah and witchcraft. This is why he was destroyed..

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: countingdown
He is speaking about the people is very clear, not only about the land.
Blessed is Egypt (the land? or government?) My people (individuals living there).

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Let me start by sharing this:

Jellyfish DNA similar to human genome
Jellyfish DNA is more similar to human genetic code than was previously assumed by scientists, leading some to believe that discoveries about jellyfish biology can be used to help humans.

"Can a Jellyfish Unlock the Secret of Immortality?"

NYTimes

I wanted to preface with that so we can at least acknowledge there isn't all that big a difference from humans and jelly fish (genetically speaking). So......why do we need to make such trivial, minute comparisons between different races of humans? I mean if God was really that trivial and doesn't represent the majority let alone all mankind, then who really gives a # what he thinks or wants, right?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's intended as a description of what God will bring about in the future
The original meaning of "God's people" is Israel.
In Isaiah's time, which is the "now" of this verse, Egypt and Assyria were the two great hostile powers in relation to each other and over against Israel.
Between them, they represent the Gentile world.
This verse says that God will bring them both in (not just Egypt, but Assyria as well), so that they help to form part of God's people.
I suggest that this is fulfilled in the New Testament onwards, when Gentiles in general are brought in to form part of God's people.
So, yes, Egypt can be "God's people", that is one of the elements in God's people, but only to the extent that they have a relationship with God.

edit on 13-8-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

The God of Egypt was Pharoah in those days. The religion of Egypt was Pharoah and witchcraft. This is why he was destroyed..

none of that stuff is in old testament

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Let's explain a bit. Pharaoh was a representation of God on Earth (according to Egyptian theology). Pharaoh represented Osiris that will be reunited with His father Ra at the moment of dead.
That's not witchcraft.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There are no "chosen" people. My Khod favors all. She loves all equally through the multiverses she created.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I've been curios before why Christians don't see it that way. The gods created everybody in the beginning of Genesis then YHWH created Adam and Eve (he even needed a rib when the rest of the creation of everything needed absolutely nothing).

If I were to comprehend the Old Testament plainly, only Adam and Eve's descendants are subject to YHWH while the rest of the people are not. In fact, most of the bible seems to revolve around the theme of YHWH's creations vs the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The sheer audacity of human arrogance is astonishing!

I mean we're not happy that we are the chosen custodians regarding our planet we somehow feel the need to apply skin colour and religion to the equation.

People are people, end off. There is no chosen race i'm afraid.

edit on 13-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
En.lil/Yahweh didn't create The Adam. It was his half brother En.ki/E.a/Ptah etc. who was the geneticist/scientist. A female Anunnaki named Nin.hur.sag also played a major role in the creation of the Adam. Yahweh had to take the Adam and place him in the garden of E.din (place in the far away built). En.ki was also responsible for instructing Utnapishtim (Noah) from behind a reed screen, on how to construct the Ark.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I've been curios before why Christians don't see it that way. The gods created everybody in the beginning of Genesis then YHWH created Adam and Eve (he even needed a rib when the rest of the creation of everything needed absolutely nothing).

If I were to comprehend the Old Testament plainly, only Adam and Eve's descendants are subject to YHWH while the rest of the people are not. In fact, most of the bible seems to revolve around the theme of YHWH's creations vs the rest of the world.

Youre forgetting something God said. I am the Alpha and Omega. He is the end and beginning. Which makes me think God meant there is but ONE GOD. God himself created all peoples And if i am not mistaken YVHY is a misguided attempt to put a name to God when he is just God.

also how many remember that moses was a orphan from a hebrew family if i remember correctly? found and raised by the pharoh?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

none of that stuff is in old testament

Pharoah had sorcerers, sorcery is a form of witchcraft or black magic...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

Let's explain a bit. Pharaoh was a representation of God on Earth (according to Egyptian theology). Pharaoh represented Osiris that will be reunited with His father Ra at the moment of dead.
That's not witchcraft.

So Pharaoh having sorcerers who could perform illusions and apparent miracles isn't witchcraft or black magic? Sorcery is condemned in the New Testament and this was a common practice in ancient Egypt especially around the time of Moses.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
God’s people are the righteous. No particular creed, no particular race, no particular gender, just those that do good to others and cultivate love to me are God’s people.

This idea of favorites of God or God’s people to me is a dangerous philosophy that leads to people believing they are allowed to harm others because God approves it.

Haven't we had enough of that lately?

Humans never learn

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join