It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any idea what this is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Last weekend I was housesitting for a friend and attempted to take a couple pictures of the "supermoon" with my smartphone. None of those came out very good... However when I let the dog out I noticed a bright object on the other side of the sky that I'm pretty sure was either a star, planet, or satellite.

But here's the funny thing, tonight when I was bored and going through pics on my phone I zoomed in on it as far as I could on the phone and it looks kinda like a jet or something. There was no noise at all when I took the pic, it was very peaceful and relaxing night lit up by the light of the moon.

Anyway here's the picture for everyone to play around with and debate over - let me know what you think. I didn't modify it in anyway at all so feel free to look at the xif's or whatever they're called.. I could throw it in a program and enlarge it but I won't even do that, somebody else can.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Time2Think

It could be just a bright dot that looks elongated due to motion blur, so it could be almost anything.

If the bright dot was moving, it could have been a plane too far away to hear, or maybe a bright satellite (the ISS maybe?). If the motion blur was caused by you moving the camera, then it might have been a bright star or planet.

edit on 8/13/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It's hard to say what it is but I guess you come to that conclusion by yourself already.

The shutter speed was 1/14 of a second - so either the object was far away (which would explain the silence) or it wasn't that fast. Can you estimate a distance to the object? It's interesting how bright it is, although the reason for that could be the moon as you mentioned.

Interesting none after all.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Time2Think

Agree wth SG your shutter speed was 1/14th of a second so blur.

Also Dan above!
edit on 13-8-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Lol.. Motion blur figures.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
And lol @ estimate distance of object.. It was in the skt you tell me.

new topics

top topics

join