It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robin Williams, Depression and What That Actually Means

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

There is hardly a stigma about depression that isn't self-induced. The reason people think there is one is because people say there is one.

No that's incorrect. Not only stigma but straight out discrimination. If you doubt this try getting life insurance after being diagnosed with depression.

Wow. I never thought about that. Surely insurance companies could easily and quickly include a suicide non-payment clause?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

There is hardly a stigma about depression that isn't self-induced. The reason people think there is one is because people say there is one.

No that's incorrect. Not only stigma but straight out discrimination. If you doubt this try getting life insurance after being diagnosed with depression.

Wow. I never thought about that. Surely insurance companies could easily and quickly include a suicide non-payment clause?

Yeah but most have that anyway, at least initially for 6 months or a year from what I've seen. I get it with the actuary tables and such but I'm not sure if there's ever been real studies done on "diagnosed" depression and people who are never diagnosed. I think insurers are just playing CYA in their favor.

Anyway most GP's are not qualified to diagnose people for depression anyway. Doesn't stop them doling out the big Pharma meds like madmen though.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join