It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I don't believe in the christian god and bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18324996]Tangerine[/pNot surprisingly,

Not surprisingly, Armitage is not a credentialed biologist or paleontologist. Mark H. Armitage earned a BS in Education from Liberty University and an MS in Biology (parasitology) and an Ed.S. in Science Education from Liberty University and is a doctoral candidate there. In other words, he doesn't have a doctorate in anything and is not remotely qualified to publish in a peer-reviewed journal of biology or paleontology. Nor is he a practicing scientist in any relevant field. I have wasted enough time on you. You have no credibility.

I understand all of what you are so angry about and have thoroughly discussed this with other arm chair biologists. Dr. Armitage taught biology, was intelligent enough to teach biology and has certifications to prove that he did indeed write a peer review and it was published. Don't sit there and lie. Read and get educated instead of your biased opinions. Now he may not fit your qualifications of whatsoever you dictate but if he was unqualified to teach biology then the university is also worse than the teacher for hiring unqualified personal and depriving students of qualified degrees of education. The university has never denied the find of soft tissue but only that he leaned towards conservative creation. That is what the law suit is all about.

Almost all sciences have various opinions and most all disagree with one another on several issues. That is called opinions and these various opinions are written in their books as inferred facts There are certain facts which are the glue that hold the science together but If you leave the opinions out of the books then the entire picture changes. Most all science parrot the adage that the dinosaurs became extinct 65 million years ago. That is an accepted opinion but not a fact. Not one can factually write that dinosaurs even existed 65 million years ago but if science does not agree on this point then most all of the other opinions become questionable. That is propaganda and you bought the book, read the book and you parrot the book but that does not make it a fact.

As I said from the onset and which you have not answered is your claim that millions of years ago existed millions of years ago. Prove your claim is true before you bounce on others with a mad hat attitude. Science contains some truth that can be proven as well as a great deal that is garbage and speculation presented as fact. Most all science is based upon dating and even then is not agreed upon by all scientists.

I respect both sides of the isle till this is resolved in court. Then I will decide with more study what I wish to believe. You seem to be under the impression that the books that you read are the whole truth and nothing but the truth and parrot their teachings. You can be wrong and until you prove that you have a 65 million years calendar you are assuming a great deal. That is not science that is belief and is no more honorable than biblical theology.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: [post=18324996]Tangerine[/pNot surprisingly,

Not surprisingly, Armitage is not a credentialed biologist or paleontologist. Mark H. Armitage earned a BS in Education from Liberty University and an MS in Biology (parasitology) and an Ed.S. in Science Education from Liberty University and is a doctoral candidate there. In other words, he doesn't have a doctorate in anything and is not remotely qualified to publish in a peer-reviewed journal of biology or paleontology. Nor is he a practicing scientist in any relevant field. I have wasted enough time on you. You have no credibility.

I understand all of what you are so angry about and have thoroughly discussed this with other arm chair biologists. Dr. Armitage taught biology, was intelligent enough to teach biology and has certifications to prove that he did indeed write a peer review and it was published. Don't sit there and lie. Read and get educated instead of your biased opinions. Now he may not fit your qualifications of whatsoever you dictate but if he was unqualified to teach biology then the university is also worse than the teacher for hiring unqualified personal and depriving students of qualified degrees of education. The university has never denied the find of soft tissue but only that he leaned towards conservative creation. That is what the law suit is all about.

A teacher isn't a credentialed, working biologist and you don't even know what a peer-reviewed journal of biology is. Your claim that Armitage "...(wrote) a peer review" proves that. Armitage was "educated" at Liberty University, Pat Robertson's so-called school, not at Harvard or any of a number of other reputable educational institutions. If Armitage and his ilk are all you've got, you've got nothing.

Here's another thing you obviously don't know. Anyone can sue anyone. It doesn't mean the suit is legitimate or that they're going to prevail in court. Filing suit, in itself, means squat.

It's not my job to educate you in basic science. There are plenty of schools that can do that. Liberty "University" is not one of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am amazed that this particular trick is still being used. Or perhaps, it's only the simple who have not learned to reject it.

"Professor X has said Y. I don't agree with Y. Rather than show Y is wrong, I'll just jump up and down and scream "Professor X is a poopy head."

Please, either refute him or ignore him.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

TextIt's not my job to educate you in basic science. There are plenty of schools that can do that. Liberty "University" is not one of them.

I would not want your understanding of basic science. You have still not answered my twice asked question as to your proof that 65 million years ago existed 65 million years ago. Still waiting for that basic science answer. Almost all sciences embrace this theology so there must be proof that 65 million years ago was there 65 million years ago. After all secular science demonstrates nothing but proof. Right? This will make the third time that the question is not answered.

Yes Mark Armitage did write a review and yes it was published.
Jul. 25, 2014 3:33pm Billy Hallowell
"Just two weeks after publishing his soft-tissue findings in the peer-reviewed journal “Acta Histochemica,” Armitage was reportedly told that his 38-month appointment was only temporary and that there weren’t funds to continue his position, according to World."

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
I am amazed that this particular trick is still being used. Or perhaps, it's only the simple who have not learned to reject it.

"Professor X has said Y. I don't agree with Y. Rather than show Y is wrong, I'll just jump up and down and scream "Professor X is a poopy head."

Please, either refute him or ignore him.

Numerous scientists have already refuted his arguments and none got their education in biology from the Creation Research Institute like Armitage did. Good advice: I'll ignore him.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

As Charlie has posted. Please refute this that 65 million years ago existed 65 million years ago.
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck then it must be a frog. Is that science?
www.pacificjustice.org...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join