It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel furious as UN unveils Gaza probe team

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Good but still small steps. Small things become big things over time. Even thought the UN is largely ineffective and needs to be reformatted or replaced by a better organization, this is a good thing.

Why would Israel reject to an investigation if they don't have anything to hide? UN is not anti Israel but anti apartheid which by definition is anti Israel.
edit on 13-8-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Let's stick to the topic people.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

Huh? Nobody I've spoken with wants you dead. This is a travesty on both sides. Jewish and Palestinian culture is rich with achievements and history. You could try playing nice though.

As for your statements? This man tells me basically everything you've said, is a myth. What say you?

edit on 13-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: Swills
The UN never does a damn thing about Israel's atrocities. Why is this?

The Security Council, which is the body with real binding power, has the US on it who has veto power over any resolution to "do something about it." The General Assembly does not have a lot of binding power beyond the resolutions it passes pronouncing judgment on various issues. I am an American. We need to end the permanent status and veto power of the P-5 on the Security Council.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yeah, might as well say we should outlaw lobbying and lobbyists. The problem is, the fox is guarding the henhouse. Those responsible for making the laws will never agree to that. Add in the US foots most of the expenses of the UN and ... well

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
english.ahram.org.eg...

Israel lashed out on Tuesday after the UN Human Rights Council named the man who will be running an inquiry into its Gaza offensive.

Israel's gov't lashed out? Didn't see that coming.

Canadian international lawyer William Schabas, who will head the commission, is widely regarded in Israel as being hostile to the Israeli state over reported calls to bring Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu before the International Criminal Court.

"This commission's anti-Israeli conclusions have already been written, all it needs is a signature," railed foreign ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor.

"For this commission the important thing is not human rights but the rights of terrorist organisations like Hamas," he told AFP.

So in classic form, the Zionist screams "ANTI SEMITE!!!!!" before the inquiry has even begun, and if/when the inquiry finds them guilty, they can scream again "HE WAS A KNOWN ANTI-SEMITE!!!"

Anyone remember that one really manipulative person in high school who would spread rumors about one person, then another, then another, always in efforts to garner favor and turn others against said person???

That's ISRAEL, and it's Zionist proponents. Over and over again throughout history. Absolute pros at hurling accusations in order to distract from who the real monsters are.

The sad thing is despite the truth of Israeli tactics coming to light more and more every day, the USS Liberty, the Mossad agents posing as Egyptians and bombing Israelis.....you can still go to jail in many countries for daring to wonder about the 6,000,000 number. That number is the absolute FOUNDATION of modern Zionism. Anyone who has done real research into it finds the real number to be 2-4million and half of that number starved with every other group.

Hmmm, I doubt we'll ever get to the real, true story. The victors of war get to write the history, and still some groups are all too happy to see a 90yr old man hang when he was only a drafted teenager during WW2, who happened to get stationed as a guard.

Continue on with your genocide dear chosen ones.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: FlySolo

People forget that to Israeli's we are all goyim and don't matter except to serve Israel and to be exploited by it.

That poem is reminiscent of something I read years ago about Golda Meyer, who owned quietly that if Israel were threatened she wouldn't hesitate to blow the world. It was hushed up immediately but the sentiment is there and I wouldn't trust the bumptious Netanyahoo with a catapult. Israel is one country in the world that should never had been given nuclear bombs.

All the time they get what they want, the world is safe, but if not and they are really threatened - remember they are not our friends any more than the Islamic extremists.

yeah, yeah, goyim big deal,

to islam we are infidels, to christians we are sinners, on and on...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
I dont get it.

The UN is often seen a the police for the NWO. Full of its own corruptions. We read this often here on ATS.

Why are some ATS'ers now acting like the UN are this great entity that will bring justice to the world?

Im sure there are many UN members who profit out of this conflict, the UN are as bad as Israel ever were (Im not saying Israel's actions are good in any way...before you start with the insults again). How can we ever trust the UN to do anything in the name of humanity??

They are just another global entity with corruption at its core. They had apparently 17 chances to evacuate their school, yet they didnt. They critisized Israel (rightly so) but did nothing to ensure weapons were not in their schools or evacuations made.

If any action is taken against Israel, Im sure it will be solely for profiteering, not for humanity. Sorry, I just dont trust them.

If they need funding for the hospitals, why spent so much money and resources on the tunnels?

Israel govt, Hamas, the UN.........they're all as bad as each other.

they had that oil for food scandal with iraq already!

their problem is that they just let anybody join. lol!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
the UN Human Rights Council are clearly anti- semiitic troublemakers.

Why is it that I have an inherent distrust of anyone who uses the term "troublemaker"?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

originally posted by: ugmold
The UN never does a damn thing about Israel's atrocities. Why is this?

Cause the UN never does anything about anything (bureaucracy+corruption) unless the US forces the issue. If the US does not force the UN to do something it just doesn't happen. Sad state of affairs.

Erm, no - the only reason the UN does nothing about Israel is because of the USA blocking any resolution from the UNSC that would compel Israel to be held to account.

There have been a couple of dozen UNSC resolutions proposed over the years critical of Israel - each and every one blocked by the USA with their veto.

That is the only reason the UN is "broken" - because of the big 5 and their vetoes.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

"Call me crazy, but I have the opinion that if Israel was ever backed into the corner and if the world ever turned on them, they would use a nuke and call it self defense. "

Isn't that exactly what self defense is? Being backed into a corner with the world turned on you? I mean, you may be against them but self defense is to preserve ones health, well-being, or life. All of which would be threatened in such a case. I would love to see you argue against yourself in the situation you describe.

'Call me crazy, but I have the opinion that if I was ever backed into the corner and if the mob ever turned on me, I would use a gun and call it self defense.'

Yep, I'd call it that too.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hoth12
Next time you are in court I will be sure to make a motion to make your ex girlfriend/boyfriend the judge, jury and executioner. When you object I will give you a copy of this post. This post and all of the others of its ilk are so disingenuous and bankrupt that they make clear an agenda more than anything else.

As UN with its resolution allowed creation of Israel - wouldn't UN in this case be considered as father or mother of this country. Thing is that UN had no idea what Zionist had in mind...

As for inquiry, if they find Israel army knowingly killing civilians, witch we all suspect, then someone will be put on terrorist list and every country that is tied to UN will have to comply and arrest them. We have seen this happening with Balkan war suspects, as well with some African leaders. In the case that Israel decide not to arrest and extradite them, war crime court can still continue its work in absence. (this has been done for some Serbian Officials from 90-s wars)

Overall, interesting and move in right direction!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

As UN with its resolution allowed creation of Israel - wouldn't UN in this case be considered as father or mother of this country. Thing is that UN had no idea what Zionist had in mind...

That's not quite true. The UN was created specifically by our good ole' globalist friends and their transnational banking cartel buddies to ultimately tear down national borders to usher in the now famous New World Order. The P5 Security Council is there specifically to ensure that nobody who isn't on board with "the plan" gets any real authority. The other nations may think their General Aasembly membership means something - but all they really do is sell their respective nations to IMF domination via perpetual economic slavery in exchange for a "seat at the table", lol. It looks great on paper. Well, to their naive populations anyways.

Zionism is a creation of wealthy Eastern European Jews who, in the late 19th century (understandably) decided they were tired of being persecuted as a minority and eventually enlisted the powerful British military (amd eventually in turn the powerful post WWII US military) to help them achieve their goals, greased by savvy European politicians throughout. It's more or less the same people involved, in the IMF/UN cartel, and the banking cartels which gave way to 20th century Zionism. They knew the game plan all along. Most likely to ultimately enflame the Middle East into a religious war whose solution is to further break down national borders and homogenize all the diverse populations of both Europe and the Middle East.
edit on 8 14 2014 by Son of Will because: Tablet typos

Asia is finally starting to shape up. Next are those stubborn South American nations - Africa is already so destabilized that after Libya, most of the dirty work is already finished.

Tea, anyone?

edit on 8 14 2014 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The term "anti-Semitic" is a joke. Give it a rest. It's like a bunch of children calling each other names. Don't fully support Israel? Your an "anti-Semite".

What.. ever...

I don't support Israel. I boycott everything from them. I find the IDF a bunch of disgusting cowards. I find that they are nothing but a bunch of murdering thugs. I find find it ridiculous that Israel keeps crying "Hamas uses human shields" and yet offer no proof beyond a few cartoons. There is hard video evidence of IDF soldiers using Palestinian children as shields. There is hard video evidence of IDF soldiers sniping children. There is clear evidence of the IDF attacking children, and then blaming it on "Hamas". The IDF have repeatedly attacked UN schools, hospitals, personal homes, etc, under the pretense that "Hamas is hiding rockets there", yet have offered no proof other than a few undated videos showing god knows what. Israeli leaders have outright called for the genocide of the Palestinian people. Israel has thumbed its nose at the UN and the rest of the world. They have threatened the United States to "never question them". The have through out history attacked us (The United States) and killed our soldiers and civilians. They have pushed forth false evidence that led us into the war with Iraq, resulting in thousands of US troops dead, and hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Iraqis dead.

But hey.. don't you dare disagree with them.. or they will call you a name!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yeah, might as well say we should outlaw lobbying and lobbyists. The problem is, the fox is guarding the henhouse. Those responsible for making the laws will never agree to that. Add in the US foots most of the expenses of the UN and ... well

Money should not equal influence in democracy, as I am sure you would agree in principle. The UN has an un-official arrangement wherein the wealthy nations fund it and the developing countries contribute more troops for such things as peacekeeping missions. That's why they are from India or Nepal, etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Isn't that exactly what self defense is?

Nuking the world in self-defense? You've got to be kidding.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I DO find the SNIDENESS of your address here to be more than a little anti-semitic and hateful. While you have reported on some extremely important points, you've damned Israel, but have not even once mentioned Hamas' WICKED use of all those families and children who were NOT ALLOWED to leave harms way by Hamas, as they needed human shields that were fodder for the gunfire to make Israel look bad.

What SOVEREIGN NATION is going to just sit back and scratch its head while Missiles are being launched into its interior. I can't think of even one. We both know full well, who pulled that initial trigger. If you are advocating for these terroristic monsters, then perhaps the report really is already slanted for the detriment of Israel.

I have lived in Israel. I have met wonderful people who are Israeli, who are bedouin, and also who are palestinian. I still consider them to be my friends. But as we both well know, that not EVERYONE is FRIENDLY.

But I must add that I am so SICK of the LIE that israel has hindered the Palestinian People, when Arafat was given hundreds of Billions of U.S. Dollars to improve the lives of their people. To create jobs and be able to go to further their education. Instead, Arafat took it all for himself, hid it in French banks, and his people that he was supposed to be SO passionate about, got the RAW end of the bargain. The ONLY ones who seem to be enjoying the wealth and privilege are the wicked leaders who are starving their own people half to death in Gaza. Then blame it on Israel.

It's just SIMPLY NOT TRUE!

You need to also report on this money, that has been stolen from these poor people, and find out where it is, and how it can be gotten back to benefit these poor souls.

I would much rather see you working and reporting on that and in a much lesser offensive tone.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: maceov

Regarding the last few paragraphs: Every year the Palestinian people (or their leadership that is) receive more aid, per capita, than any other people or country in the world. The US supplies the lions share of that with the EU coming in 2nd. The combined contributions of all Arab states (all that oil money) totally equal roughly what Norway contributes...and Norway is way down the list of contributors. It is sick how much money that is poured into the Palestinians pockets that do not seem to show any results.

edit on 16-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would love to see that statistic before answering your question...

ps. Does USA sending billions to Israel counts as help (of destruction) of/to Palestine?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join