It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel furious as UN unveils Gaza probe team

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: g146541

Call me crazy, but I have the opinion that if Israel was ever backed into the corner and if the world ever turned on them, they would use a nuke and call it self defense.

I agree, and this sounds like a terrorist nation to me!
I say the US cut all ties and let israel step up to the peace plate, before peace turns into piece.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Call me crazy, but I have the opinion that if Israel was ever backed into the corner and if the world ever turned on them, they would use a nuke and call it self defense.

I completely agree with you there. I don't have any doubts that they would, simply because of their past actions. And it is not just their actions but also what they say and do after their actions. I know that all countries do horrible things, but I think that if the US or Britain was in Israel's place they would be offering humanitarian aid to the civilians in Gaza, as well as helping rebuild the hospitals they destroyed, etc...Even in Iraq allied forces, especially the US, was doing things to try and help the population. Civilians were sometimes caught in the middle, but the US rarely if ever took the arrogant attitude that they were justified in killing innocent civilians. And public apologies were relatively forthcoming when mistakes were made. Israel doesn't apologize because it doesn't make mistakes apparently.

Thousands of dead civilians apparently is not a mistake. And if it is not a mistake, why are they saying they aren't targeting civilians? And instead of doing what any civilized country would do, which is fight the enemy, Hamas, not the civilian population, and helping to aid the civilians, Israel blockades their shores and starves them to death...On top of blowing them up. Hamas is still there, and I imagine that many more civilians have died than Hamas militants. So what are the upsides to their strategy? Militarily speaking they don't seem to be getting anything accomplished. Perhaps they truly are trying to drive out everyone, civilians included, so as to gain that land.

I think that at the moment Israel will continue to get away with what it is doing. Britain may halt the export of arms to Israel, which is great, and if other countries would follow suit that would be a first step. I think what it will come down to is what Israel does in the future. If they halted their atrocities and stopped brutalizing civilians, then this would probably all die down. If they do stop it will not be out of kindness to non-militants or innocents...It will be for political reasons. Israel is not going to suddenly develop a heart because they are always justified in their actions.

So hopefully their future atrocities will finally force the hand of UN countries. If the American people get outraged and start complaining to their representatives, this may just be enough to get the US to take a stand against Israeli aggression. And again, Israel may be justified in fighting Hamas, but they are killing too many civilians. That is not justifiable in any way. Is this not what the Nuremberg trials concluded? The same trials that punished the individuals who killed Jewish civilians indiscriminately, taking no notice of the fact that they were civilians?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

This truly is a threat. They have shown their desire for blood as retribution like we saw with the Nazi hunting. They have nukes that they have never threatened anyone with or even acknowledged their existence.

My biggest fear is that Israel does not think we fear Islam enough and looks to rekindle our fear. A nuclear attack blamed on ISIL, Hamas or Hezbollah could be something Israel will entertain to help pave over any debate for their land expansion. Who is going to notice Palestine if the UK or US are busy protecting themselves from another attack.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The UN er..someone needs to make them sign that non proliferation treaty pronto before anything else is done. Leaving that till later could be a bad mistake

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Don't forget slobodan milosevic. He was convicted for less. First ever by the ICC

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Don't forget slobodan milosevic. He was convicted for less. First ever by the ICC

Just as accurate as most of your posts I see - Slobodan Milošević was never convicted by the ICC....

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

oh, it won't be just 1 nuke.

they have the samson option.

For the 1991 book, see The Samson Option: Israel's Nuclear Arsenal and American Foreign Policy.

Samson in the Temple of Dagon, destroying his enemies, and himself
The Samson Option is the name that some military analysts have given to Israel's deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a "last resort" against nations whose military attacks threaten its existence.[1]

Commentators also have employed the term to refer to situations where non-nuclear, non-Israeli actors, have threatened conventional weapons retaliation. Two examples have been given: Yassir Arafat[2] and Hezbollah.[3]

The name is a reference to the biblical figure Samson who pushed apart the pillars of a Philistine temple, bringing down the roof and killing himself and thousands of Philistines who had captured him,[4] crying out "Let me die with the Philistines!" (Judges 16:30).[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

i really don't believe them, do you?

but let's call their bluff anyway!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

o0o0o quick to jump on a technicality I see. Ok Charged, but died while defending himself. My point is still the same however.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

No kidding eh? That's interesting. Thanks for that info, could be useful in a debate with nit pickers.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

but let's call their bluff anyway!

This is what would happen if anyone calls their bluff.

Holocaust survivor Itamar Yaoz-Kest published a poem entitled "The Right to Exist: a Poem-Letter to the German Author" which addresses Grass by name. It contains the line: "If you force us yet again to descend from the face of the Earth to the depths of the Earth — let the Earth roll toward the Nothingness."

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
the UN Human Rights Council are clearly anti- semiitic troublemakers.

I'm hoping that sarcasm was stitched somewhere within your statement.

AAC.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Israel has manufactured her support through reshaping of reality. To name a couple.

1). The 6 Day war was not initiated by anyone other than Israel. Egypt was NEVER going to attack Israel.
2). The Yom Kippur War was a strategic plan between Israel, United States, and Egypt to cripple Syria.

Those two wars were painted in a way that is absolutely not true in history books.

Israel's regime is the worst thing for peace.

Moreover, if anyone would like to research Netanyahu's political party, Lukid, you will see that their charter explicitly says they are against any form of a Palestinian state.

If you are the side of Israel, you are either uneducated on truth, biased in the worst way, or blind. I have no patience for either of the three.

May Israel be convicted and punished.

AAC
edit on 12-8-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

(post by g146541 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

People forget that to Israeli's we are all goyim and don't matter except to serve Israel and to be exploited by it.

That poem is reminiscent of something I read years ago about Golda Meyer, who owned quietly that if Israel were threatened she wouldn't hesitate to blow the world. It was hushed up immediately but the sentiment is there and I wouldn't trust the bumptious Netanyahoo with a catapult. Israel is one country in the world that should never had been given nuclear bombs.

All the time they get what they want, the world is safe, but if not and they are really threatened - remember they are not our friends any more than the Islamic extremists.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

If they've done nothing wrong they have nothing to fear do they? Does getting furious indicate they have something to hide??

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The world doesn't want Israel to be wiped out of the map, that is just crazy.But most everyone likes the Zionist regime currently using Israel as a shell to be vanished for good, and I am sure a lot of people in Israel would like that to happen as well...So there seems to be a very slim chance of real human beings to go on and be a part of a biggest madness in the history of the mankind and pull that insane Samson option...And besides as always the big boys can runaway and leave the smaller ones behind as sacrifices to their great cause and then start fresh from a different location again,so there is no need to destroy the whole world with you when you can enjoy it for generations to come...At the mean time people can celebrate the Zionism free world day and drink their asses off.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I dont get it.

The UN is often seen a the police for the NWO. Full of its own corruptions. We read this often here on ATS.

Why are some ATS'ers now acting like the UN are this great entity that will bring justice to the world?

Im sure there are many UN members who profit out of this conflict, the UN are as bad as Israel ever were (Im not saying Israel's actions are good in any way...before you start with the insults again). How can we ever trust the UN to do anything in the name of humanity??

They are just another global entity with corruption at its core. They had apparently 17 chances to evacuate their school, yet they didnt. They critisized Israel (rightly so) but did nothing to ensure weapons were not in their schools or evacuations made.

If any action is taken against Israel, Im sure it will be solely for profiteering, not for humanity. Sorry, I just dont trust them.

If they need funding for the hospitals, why spent so much money and resources on the tunnels?

Israel govt, Hamas, the UN.........they're all as bad as each other.

edit on 13-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
a reply to: Swills

If they've done nothing wrong they have nothing to fear do they? Does getting furious indicate they have something to hide??

Next time you are in court I will be sure to make a motion to make your ex girlfriend/boyfriend the judge, jury and executioner. When you object I will give you a copy of this post. This post and all of the others of its ilk are so disingenuous and bankrupt that they make clear an agenda more than anything else.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Awww.. poor wittle israel under investigation and whinging about it ..

Everyone knows israel will just ignore any actions by the u.n as it always does ..

When will you people learn!

Israelis are special. They have the absolute god given right to do anything they wish to anyone else who are not Israeli, or accuse Israel of doing anything unlawful or immoral.

It's about time the world recognised the fact that Israelis are the supreme beings among Humanity, so of course they are going to be furious that a non-Israeli is accusing them of criminality and inhuman treatment of the Palestinians in Gaza, who being non-Israelis are naturally considered to be sub-Humans, or nearer to animals compared to the supreme Humans who are Israeli...what right have inferior beings, no better than animals got to criticise the cream of Humanity?

Tongue in cheek of course, but does that kind of thinking sound eerily familiar to anyone?

It was the exact same logic used against groups or classes of people back in Europe in the mid-1930's...Jews were among those varied groups of people, looked upon as 'sub-Human' and nearer to animals than the self proclaimed 'supreme Humans' of that era, better known as the Nazis back then.

Try not to confuse Jews with Israelis...they are two completely different things, even if the Israelis do use Judaism to justify it's own existence, they are very different...as different as the Christians from most of Europe were to the German Nazis (also claiming to be Christians), who they were viscously fighting during WW2.

Both sides were claiming to be Christian, but one side, the Nazis, considered themselves a higher category of Humanity, or a superior branch of our species.

Are we really sure we want to allow this dangerous mindset to fester once again, this time among delusional Israelis instead of delusional German Nazis?

We'd be absolute ignorant fools if we did.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Please man, put the ball down. We already know you pretty much hate Israel, but show some tolerance and don't rise tension. Whenever I read your posts i sense hate towards Israel and indirect call for it's destruction including lots of innocent people. Isn't that genocide which you advocate so much that you are against?

As I said many times before, both Hamas and Israeli GOVERNMENT should be investigated by an objective court to see if any war crimes were committed. Israeli government is furious because undoubtedly war crimes against innocent people were conducted, but not to an extent that some members here are trying to present.

PS. Milosevic did not died, he was killed...
edit on 329k2014Wednesdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join