It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

originally posted by: Thefarmer
a reply to: OptimusCrime

No but you should when the police are infringing upon the 1st amendment

Freedom of protest and not to get hit with rubber and pepper bullets or tear gas while doing so or to prevent you from your right to protest

Once the riots break out and things get destroyed you lose your right to protest in that area for the safety of the rest of the population. If you can't understand that, then sorry, I don't know what to tell you.

Ok, so people protest peacefully, then a truck load of nasty people arrive and start the rioting, then people like you say they lose their right to protest because of the rioting! Guess who sends in the truck loads of rioters?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ok so any updates? It's late and if something was gonna happen it would have by now. So is there actually a blackout on this?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

No but you should when the police are infringing upon the 1st amendment

Freedom of protest and not to get hit with rubber and pepper bullets or tear gas while doing so or to prevent you from your right to protest

Once the riots break out and things get destroyed you lose your right to protest in that area for the safety of the rest of the population. If you can't understand that, then sorry, I don't know what to tell you.

Ok, so people protest peacefully, then a truck load of nasty people arrive and start the rioting, then people like you say they lose their right to protest because of the rioting! Guess who sends in the truck loads of rioters?

Why don't you read my previous post? I think it will clear up what I'm saying. I have no clue what you're talking about truck coming with protesters and ruining a protest. Everyone either protests peacefully, or no one does. For your information, you riot first and destroy things, you lose your privileges until the problem is calmed down. Blame yourselves for that and your community, no one else.
edit on 8/12/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
a reply to: DodgyDawg

It's not strange when you consider that many military trained men and women become police officers.

The reality is the majority of police in America are inadequately provisioned for the daily threat they encounter.

the truth is 10,000 people a WEEK leave american prisons, two thirds of these will likely be re-arrested within twelve months.

The Police are the front line of a broken system that too many people are making too much money from so it's in their (the law firms, privatized prisons) best interest to not have it fixed, this is the reality of capitalism.

Have a search on how many million dollar law firms donate to political party's...

Ummm, the daily threat they encounter? Violent crime has been dropping in America. In fact, the peak of violent crime was 1992-1993. And violent crime has steadily fallen.

So, exactly what "daily threat" do they face with such a significant drop in violent crime?

The only reason incarceration rates are so high are the privatized prisons and their lobbying group making sure minuscule drug crimes get ridiculous sentencing. Remove all the people in jail for small amounts of drugs and you reduce the prison population.

Putting those people IN prison increases the likelihood they commit more crimes and become institutionalized.

Cops could easily stop this, but I bet there is an incentive on their end to arrest people and get their numbers up.
edit on 12-8-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I feel like I want to be sick. It's not just how they took down the car with the people in it, charging with rifle mounted flashlights leading the way...but look at what the cop on the right and left of the car does immediately after the car is taken down.

Make that a dirt lot ....change the language to Spanish.... I almost feel like a flash back to old videos of another time and place in Central America. I never thought I would see that here. They went into a defensive formation, pointing outward in at least two opposing directions.

Are we ALL the enemy to some of these units??

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I care mate don't worry about that I'm just saying see it from their prospective

I think if you were emotionally involved all that stuff goes out the window

Imagine if it were you're relative or a close friend that was killed by the police? Forget the looters because they were most probably the minority, I mean the peaceful protesters that can't get their point across without being hounded by a cop in battle fatigues

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I care mate don't worry about that I'm just saying see it from their prospective

I think if you were emotionally involved all that stuff goes out the window

Imagine if it were you're relative or a close friend that was killed by the police? Forget the looters because they were most probably the minority, I mean the peaceful protesters that can't get their point across without being hounded by a cop in battle fatigues

I understand where you're coming from, I really do. I was in the riots on South St. in Philadelphia when the police came in on horses on Mardi Gras. It was all over the news. I thought I was going to get trampled or hit with a bottle, but if they don't come to stop it, it will never stop until people just get tired and leave.

I'm not forgetting the looters, that's the entire reason you have cops in trucks or tanks or whatever those things are in your town. You can't destroy things that are not yours because you're mad. If they had arranged a protest and everyone was under control I'd be the first one complaining about cops coming like storm troopers. That's not the case here. Few ruined for all and the community didn't punish the few yet stand by and make excuses as usual.

You do realize the livelhood of upstanding citizens was smashed that day, right? Why don't you put your feet in their shoes? Imagine your family business being destroyed and if the cops didn't come to help you?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Yaaaawwwnnn.. funny back before left that cesspool in 80 gangs were armed with automatic weapons and killing each other over drugs and turf .. doubt thats changed any since then ..

There is no justifying looting and burning down businesses or any of the other lawlessness thats occuring.

Meh.. bugger let the savages butcher each other its obvious theyll never learn to live like civilized human beings.

Just a shame that many innocents will get trapped in the slaughter ..

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I think the idea that was being implied was that if peaceful protestors can lose rights so easily through no fault of their own then that could be one heck of an avenue for Governments to shut down any protests they want shut down. They could simply send in some of their own, posing as protestors, cause some destruction, and poof citizen rights gone. Not like it hasn't happened before.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

I think the idea that was being implied was that if peaceful protestors can lose rights so easily through no fault of their own then that could be one heck of an avenue for Governments to shut down any protests they want shut down. They could simply send in some of their own, posing as protestors, cause some destruction, and poof citizen rights gone. Not like it hasn't happened before.

And my aunt could have been my uncle. Here comes the crazy conspiracy theories instead of the facts that people in that community rioted and want to cry about it now that they have an army in their faces to protect their own neighbors businesses. I'm not going to keep repeating myself as to my argument, you don't seem to get it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Checked the Twitter feed for #FERGUSON and #TheAnonMessage reported

BREAKING: Shots fired; Oakcrest Ave. Jennings, MO. Black male laying in the street. (#Ferguson Police Scanner)”.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Anyone standing by these animals are insane.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
With the rioting and looting going on along with the thugs doing the rioting and looting being armed ... consider it acceptable for order to be restored to the area ..

Yup...

Just fall back in line.

WE MUST RESTORE ORDER!!!.

Hitler.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Rude much? You respond to VoidHawk with:

I have no clue what you're talking about truck coming with protesters and ruining a protest.

I decided to explain to you what I believe they were implying. So if you're going to be rude about it don't bother responding.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

I just found your answer to whatever he was implying to be outlandish based on OPs topic. I can see where you're coming from but you're not always going to like the response you get on an internet forum and some people, like myself, can be rude sometimes. I won't respond to you anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Americans killed by police now outnumber us deaths in Iraq war.

www.google.com... police+than+Iraq+war&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..30i10.3342.20261.0.20854.54.52.0.8.8.2.787.13208.0j11j28j7j0j2j1.49.0....0...1c.1.51.mobile-gws-hp..17.37.9 016.3.NmZt6vj4YVw#q=more+Americans+killed+by+police+than+Iraq+war&spell=1

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just coming over twitter #FergusonRiot

Traffic Law Stop ‏@TrafficLawStop 57s
Ferguson police now blocking W.Florissant with two armored trucks, officers stand behind truck. #FergusonRiot

marshallbryantwhite ‏@marshallbryant 4m
"Officers please avoid Chambers and Glen Owen" -- radio chatter confirms too many people gathered as #Fergusonriot maybe continuing.

Both within 5 mins...Sounds like it will be a very long night for a lot of people up there.

This is from an editor posting an update into the stream at BreakingNews:

Editor's note: Media on the scene are reporting tensions are mounting in Ferguson, Mo., between police and protesters after a bottle was thrown at police. We're monitoring the situation. - Jillian

edit on 8/12/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Just coming over twitter #FergusonRiot

Traffic Law Stop ‏@TrafficLawStop 57s
Ferguson police now blocking W.Florissant with two armored trucks, officers stand behind truck. #FergusonRiot

marshallbryantwhite ‏@marshallbryant 4m
"Officers please avoid Chambers and Glen Owen" -- radio chatter confirms too many people gathered as #Fergusonriot maybe continuing.

Both within 5 mins...Sounds like it will be a very long night for a lot of people up there.

Wrabbit, If the police just leave and let the town destroy itself, that may be the best option. The more cops there the more the trouble will escalate because this is nothing more than a show of force by the community. I just can't picture ruining your own town, it makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Yes the video was quite disturbing.

To quote Twitter user @EricWolfson

Tactical unit assembles behind church message.
No words...

People are lining up inside a church in Ferguson to make donations to the Brown family. Photo by user Emily Koehler.

Which action serves and protects community more?

Finally, authorities not releasing autopsy results is irresponsible and lacks all transparency.

edit on 12-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: Thefarmer
This is why there is a no fly zone over Ferguson, TPTB there dont want the gen public to see what they're doing

In 2003 they went the polar opposite.....Lights. Camera. Action....grab your popcorn and come watch, thanks to embedded reporters, the invasion and slaughter of Iraqis - some of which were terrorists.

I wonder if there is anyone in Ferguson who is flying the American flag upside-down right about now?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join