It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
a reply to: BanTv

But why would you compare looting to raping? Or even say it?

Oh good god, sorry. I should have said 'robbed their house and then burnt it to the ground'.

You understood exactly what I was saying though. Criminal apologist.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Those guys are open carrying, within their rights, sure, to make a point.

If a group of blacks grabbed up those same weapons in Ferguson to (hypothetically) march or stand nonviolently within their own rights, it would be likely be an ENTIRELY different situation. Because they're black and they have "assault" weapons. Hell, even if that group of whites was in Ferguson, it'd be completely different (police response-wise) than if a group of blacks representing the same decided to do it.

I'd wager on it.

Such is the hypocrisy of American society.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When you are outnumbered 1,000:1 or even 10,000:1 you kind of do need military grade equipment.
The problem I have with the police possessing military grade equipment is that since they are equipped to deal with large situations they might not be very vigilant to make sure a small situation doesn`t escalate into a large situation.

If they didn`t have the equipment to deal with a large situation they would try very hard to not let a small situation escalate into a large situation.Since they do have the equipment and resources to deal with a large situation there is no urgency to make sure that a small situation doesn`t escalate into a large situation.

The important thing is to make sure they don`t get too trigger happy,if they get trigger happy then it doesn`t matter whether the kill you with a .38 revolver or an assault rifle your still dead.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What should they be doing?

It is clear you feel they are taking the wrong approach, so please explain the right approach.

How about waiting for an investigation? Demanding the evidence? You know, hurr durr America, innocent until proven guilty and all that? Then if the police don't comply, do something about THEM.

SO, the police response is obviously based on behavior from the past few days. Are you serious right now?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I suppose a pair of field glasses are entirely too high for the Ferguson and area law enforcement budgets, eh?

That must explain why he must use a scope mounted to a rifle that could have a round chambered...or maybe it doesn't. He kinda leaves that for the people to guess, I notice. Like Dirty Harry and his 'how many did I fire?' question. How quaint.

I saved a lot of pics from the last few days. Some of them are lines of Police Officers in uniform. Some of those Police Officers are being jerks a bit, and aggressive. One even has a dog barking at a line of protesters. Still, they are Police Officers and I wouldn't hesitate to walk up to any one of them with a concern, question or just to speak my mind within the lines of avoiding a threatening stance.

I saved a lot of other pics too..and they look like the ones on this page. Those are also called "Police Officers",with quotes. I can't see them that way though. When they are in full battle dress, I will call them what they are. Paramilitary forces assigned to civilian law enforcement. When they drop the battle rattle to join the American nation as part of the solution? I'll happily return to calling those folks Police Officers too. Until then? Well.....I hope for the best with the protesters who aren't there with a criminal mind. There appear to be plenty of them, and very few Police Officers for them to look to.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
I suppose a pair of field glasses are entirely too high for the Ferguson and area law enforcement budgets, eh?

That must explain why he must use a scope mounted to a rifle that could have a round chambered...or maybe it doesn't. He kinda leaves that for the people to guess, I notice. Like Dirty Harry and his 'how many did I fire?' question. How quaint.

I saved a lot of pics from the last few days. Some of them are lines of Police Officers in uniform. Some of those Police Officers are being jerks a bit, and aggressive. One even has a dog barking at a line of protesters. Still, they are Police Officers and I wouldn't hesitate to walk up to any one of them with a concern, question or just to speak my mind within the lines of avoiding a threatening stance.

I saved a lot of other pics too..and they look like the ones on this page. Those are also called "Police Officers",with quotes. I can't see them that way though. When they are in full battle dress, I will call them what they are. Paramilitary forces assigned to civilian law enforcement. When they drop the battle rattle to join the American nation as part of the solution? I'll happily return to calling those folks Police Officers too. Until then? Well.....I hope for the best with the protesters who aren't there with a criminal mind. There appear to be plenty of them, and very few Police Officers for them to look to.

Keep up the good work? Keep fighting the good fight.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Wait for an investigation, demand evidence... This is what happens in every other case of police killing people without cause. You know what usually comes from waiting and trusting the system? NOTHING

The officers involved get a slap on the wrist and it goes right back to business as usually.

The police are in charge of the investigation. The police are in charge of the evidence. If someone murdered one of your friends or family, would you just accept it if the murderer was the one heading up the investigation into himself? Would you just wait it out and roll with whatever the investigation finds?

Keep doing what you always done and you'll always get what you've always got.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
With the rioting and looting going on along with the thugs doing the rioting and looting being armed ... consider it acceptable for order to be restored to the area ..

Ummm...says the "Expat" that just happens to have fled the country...due to it's slide toward totalitarianism...or was it only because of the taxes...?

I thought you disliked militarization and it's inevitable result....or is it only Palestinian casualties that fuel your ire...?

If you take an unbiased look at those protesters being lazed...you might just see the women and children...The mix of races........Peacefully protesting while staring down the business end of those m4's....

Maybe you should consider a visit.....no doubt we'll be needing your talents over here in the land of the formerly free and the home of the knave. After all.....America is looking more 3rd world esque all the time......should be right up your alley.

From a "pat"

YouSir

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BanTv

But why would you compare looting to raping? Or even say it?

Oh good god, sorry. I should have said 'robbed their house and then burnt it to the ground'.

You understood exactly what I was saying though. Criminal apologist.

When did that happen tho? Minority are taking advantage of situation and looting but most are peaceful protesters

Criminal apologist? Your a fool

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Hit the nail on the head there

It is a paramilitary force without a doubt

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

Wait for an investigation, demand evidence... This is what happens in every other case of police killing people without cause. You know what usually comes from waiting and trusting the system? NOTHING

The officers involved get a slap on the wrist and it goes right back to business as usually.

The police are in charge of the investigation. The police are in charge of the evidence. If someone murdered one of your friends or family, would you just accept it if the murderer was the one heading up the investigation into himself? Would you just wait it out and roll with whatever the investigation finds?

Keep doing what you always done and you'll always get what you've always got.

Trust me, I understand what you're saying. My point is, they have to be given the benefit of the doubt first. For all of you freedom loving constitution supporters, how can you not agree with this? Then when they cover things up and aren't transparent as usual, fine....level some buildings for all I care. Awesome.

When they're just looting stores for personal gain and because they're angry, so sorry, no sympathy. They have a beef with the cops, confront the cops. I'm all for that.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

You can't be serious....

I didn't say any houses were broken into. It was very clearly an analogy...a comparison...

And you're calling me a fool. I'm done talking about that comment.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

So that's where the line is for you. The cop murders someone, wait for the investigation, then after the cops cover it up and it becomes apparent that its a farce, then it's ok to be angry?

That situation with police cover ups has been repeated over and over and over again across the entire country.

IMO the murder of Michael Brown was just the straw that broke the camels back.

There always have been, and always will be those that will take advantage of any perceived weakness, or chaos in this case, for material gain. It's an unfortunate reality, but it is important to remember that its only a small percentage that are involved with these types of actions. The majority are being peaceful and exercising their rights to protest and getting rifles pointed at them, and arrested right and left for their trouble.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -JFK

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx
Yeah that's where the line is. This is not the same as times when there is video evidence of obvious wrongdoing and they still get a slap on the wrist.

What if this is true?

"Tip: (Completely uncorroborated, so take at your own discretion!)
Source is a dispatcher...said that the cop who shot Mike Brown Jr was admitted to the ER and supposedly broke his jaw. One of his eyes also is supposedly nearly swollen shut. She also said that there were casings from a second gun found on the scene, which is why you are hearing ranges of how many shot the cop fired."

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Rubber bullets and tear gas fired again this evening. Someone threw a bottle at police and they began shooting back.

Fires in people's back yards and the police were shooting into the surrounding neighborhood

Pic

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Update as of 10:25 on the Live Alex Jones Stream (Link

Joe Biggs says he was shot in his right side by a rubber bullet and is bleeding, right near his kidney.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Irishhaf

It seems like the in the aftermath of the Boston bombings this is a dry run for martial law

The response to the Boston Bombing was the dry run. This is a live run/exercise.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

...but they are the invaders. The people aren't after them because they are sporting gear, but rather because they murdered an unarmed kid.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Expat888
With the rioting and looting going on along with the thugs doing the rioting and looting being armed ... consider it acceptable for order to be restored to the area ..

Ummm...says the "Expat" that just happens to have fled the country...due to it's slide toward totalitarianism...or was it only because of the taxes...?

I thought you disliked militarization and it's inevitable result....or is it only Palestinian casualties that fuel your ire...?

If you take an unbiased look at those protesters being lazed...you might just see the women and children...The mix of races........Peacefully protesting while staring down the business end of those m4's....

Maybe you should consider a visit.....no doubt we'll be needing your talents over here in the land of the formerly free and the home of the knave. After all.....America is looking more 3rd world esque all the time......should be right up your alley.

From a "pat"

YouSir

This "fleeing" comment again about expats...

Have you ever been out of North America, or outside of the "West"? I know many Americans don't travel outside of their continent, or even their state, if at all.

Usually when people travel it opens their minds and perspectives to life outside of where they are from. Many times, the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

People are not wanting to flee the country just to get out, but because they have found a place in the world that suits their lives better than where they came from. It's kind of like how the USA was formed; a bunch of people that "fled" Europe, and then proceeded to rape and kill the natives to conquer "their" new land.

Also, it's just one expat. What do you expect him to do about the Ferguson situation should he go back there?

Or another way of putting it - since you're there now and haven't "fled" - what are you doing about the Ferguson situation that will solve it?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Bloody looters... Freaking thieves and chancers.. Unlike uk, in USA they may armed aswell..

As we get poorer and poorer. Poor people more likely to rob hard working and rich people in every given chance..

Must stop ( even if the air raid needed )

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join