It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It's only a matter time before we have a massacre on our hands. One stupid citizen or a scared/over-zealous cop could set off a chain of events that lead to the deaths of many, many people.

The looters are to blame and so is the police-industrial complex.

What will it take to stop the madness before we see all out war in American streets?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Here's another pic

I think the armoured vehicle is used by military for protection against mines! I mean WTF! I can't see no Islamic militants planting IED's

Looks familiar huh...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

As long as everybody is as afraid as you seem to be, they win.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

Looks like that agency got some USMC surplus. That's woodland marpat for sure.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

It's not strange when you consider that many military trained men and women become police officers.

The reality is the majority of police in America are inadequately provisioned for the daily threat they encounter.

the truth is 10,000 people a WEEK leave american prisons, two thirds of these will likely be re-arrested within twelve months.

The Police are the front line of a broken system that too many people are making too much money from so it's in their (the law firms, privatized prisons) best interest to not have it fixed, this is the reality of capitalism.

Have a search on how many million dollar law firms donate to political party's...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
With the rioting and looting going on along with the thugs doing the rioting and looting being armed ... consider it acceptable for order to be restored to the area ..

Easy for you to say in you're nice hut in the Vietnam jungle pal

Go sip some more of that fine whiskey you always bang on about

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Yup folks, thats an MRAP

MRAPs in Law Enforcement

That's the boy couldn't think of the name

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyGoo

Unfortunately yes, yes it does...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The thing that scares me the most is when this comes to the streets of the uk

They took all our guns a long time ago except for shotguns but you have to be squeaky clean to get a licence for one of those, so we have no way of defending ourselves from this kinda thing

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So you condone looting and lawlessness as answer to injustice rather than due process .. rule of law and non-violent protest ..

Precisely why chose to walk away from the cesspool westerners call "civilization" .

There are civilised ways to handle things rather than using looting and lawlessness ..

Funny your sat on your arse in uk whinging .. youd be one that would be out stealing what others worked hard to build to show your discontent.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

The reality is the majority of police in America are inadequately provisioned for the daily threat they encounter.

Based on the above pictures and heck just the averaged cop that walks around with a tazer, baton, pepper spray, a pistol and a shotgun and rifle in his or her car, how can you say they are inadequately provisioned??
What citizen is walking around with that much of an arsenal?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This is my 1st post after joining, glad to be here, I think this site is awesome.

With that said, the picture posted does not appear to be an MWRAP.

What do you expect of the police during this situation that they have probably never experienced or never want to again?

You have an entire "community" or what once was a "community" basically burning it to the ground with no respect for anything.

I won't comment on my feelings about what happened or who is at fault but the entire situation is obviously out of control. I can't blame the communtity for being upset but I also won't blame law enforcement for taking extraordinary measures to protect themselves during this ****storm.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer

Why is a cop pointing a loaded assault rifle, eye-in-the-sights, at this man?

This is horrifying!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Being the voice of reason does not mean I am afraid, looking at the facts does worry me. Knowing how many people are on some form of illegal or prescription drug, worries me. Knowing about the growing disparity in the western world, worries me.

If i wasn't worried I wouldn't be writing a book on human behavior to help explain the CAUSE of this.

Control in order to be effective must continually escalate.

What do you think happens when people are told they need to be in control.

Yes, it's about keeping the masses in a fearful subconsciously compelled reactive state of mind so they do not stop, think and reasonably bring about change to those who are pulling the puppet strings of those who attain public positions of power.

Again the militarization of the police are an effect of the problem, it is not it's cause, look for the cause if you want/need it to change, not at the effects. The effects are used, I would say effectively from the way people are posting, to distract from those at the cause of this.

stop and think about it

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I work hard every day to support my family mate so don't go there

Did you see our police force in the uk act like this with the London riots?

But yes I would be out doing what I must be it violent or non violent to stand for justice

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

And the average police officer carries 3 firearms and body armor.
Just saying that the average citizen, does not outgun the average cop.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
No, but they did consider using the actual military, didn't they?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Three firearms? Service weapon, ankle, and the rifle in the car? What's so bad about being prepared and stayiing safe?

ETA: Aside from the obvious potential for abuse. But that's always there. On either side of the road.

edit on 8/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: zdecker

This is my 1st post after joining, glad to be here, I think this site is awesome.

With that said, the picture posted does not appear to be an MWRAP.

What do you expect of the police during this situation that they have probably never experienced or never want to again?

You have an entire "community" or what once was a "community" basically burning it to the ground with no respect for anything.

I won't comment on my feelings about what happened or who is at fault but the entire situation is obviously out of control. I can't blame the communtity for being upset but I also won't blame law enforcement for taking extraordinary measures to protect themselves during this ****storm.

Not militarised police with weapons of war that's for sure mate

That said yes this site is awesome and welcome

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join