It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey, someone local there....the QT that was burned down is at a bridge, correct? Which side of that bride is which city? It seems to be the dividing line in this...

VIDEO JUST IN: Confrontation between demonstration and officers on the bridge videos-d-19.ak.instagram.com... … #ferguson
(Source)

The link goes to #ferguson and the above is the text in the tweet for the vid.

Direct link to the video is "http ://videos-d-19.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10611706_1455701594700399_713577512_n.mp4"

The QT from the first night looks like what is behind them. Black and dark now, of course..with a whole line, literally rail to rail to block the road 100%, armored vehicles on the bridge.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScorpiusMaximus

originally posted by: Thefarmer
I just seen this pic on twitter and was absolutely gob smacked

America has become a militarised police state and this pic shows it

I'm from the uk and can see the us is going down a sad path of total Orwellian style sh!t

I feel bad for these folks even if they are looters or not this is just over kill

This is disconcerting for everyone.
Amerika goes down this path, so does Australia (esp with our current kiss-a$$ two-bit tin-pot wanna-be dictator....)..

What i wanna know is...
WTF is up with the gas masks??
That area so Ghetto that even the S### don't go anywhere

First, what does the area being Ghetto have to do with anything? That means it was ripe to happen, eh?

Secondly, it's really not that ghetto. So, don't know exactly what you're driving at, there. But this extrapolation feeds into the problem at hand exponentially, imho.
tetra

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Probably on one side is Ferguson, and the other side is Bridgeton, MO. I'll check a map to be sure, but these are neighborhoods abutting one another, and Lambert International has a buffer zone that abuts both Bridgeton and Ferguson, leading to the airport….
tetra

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Thanks for posting that.
I will keep an eye on this page.
As this whole ordeal is the result of lines being drawn in the sand.
You can't just expect people who have been abused by this system to just roll over. You get to a point, where when their is no justice. There can be no peace. The world is slowly falling apart.

This is the world you live in. Corruption and greed. This is what it yields.

I can't say I blame anyone who has finally had enough.
Not that it is right, but it would just be swept under the rug, and it would fall into the shadows, and repeat.
I think we have had enough. Something must change. And it will. Either by force, or by the will of the people. I see people making some noise to be heard, I see other doing it by due process. Between both groups, something will be heard.
All that "stuff" is insured.

A person lost their life, and no one would listen, unless drastic actions where taken.
I do not support violence. But on the other hand, what other choice do they have?
Due process? The system that already failed them over and over again. There will be some who do it the 'right' way. And others who take more drastic measures. And many who will simply use this as an excuse to do some bad things. Again, it is what our society has created with our "greed" system. A corrupt system, that not only corrupts its civil servants, but also corrupts the very people who live in it.

Its a tricky one here. complex and lots of different ways of looking at this.
So many points of view.
As this post---Just my point of view, from a crooked corrupt system that lures people to do the "right" thing. Yet due process is a maze of BS and Red tape. My view is slightly jaded.. Hence my reply.
edit on 12-8-2014 by zysin5 because: Edit1

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
And yet they still opt to burn or robe thier neighbor.

I'll make it very very VERY SIMPLE.

Hi! I want a fight!

Hi! I don't want a fight!

Hi! Too bad!

Hi! What?

Hi! Why are these assholes attacking me?

Hi! I have no idea who those assholes are?

Hi! They look a lot like you so I'm going to blame you!

Hi! Wait... what?

Hi!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Respectfully, some experience no due process,whatsoever….it's just open season on us…ooh, i mean them.
yeah, you nailed it there. I don't advocate violence, but some get tired of being a victim of it, as well, endorsed by tptb who sometimes seem to enjoy dishing it out. It's just that simple.
What does business have to do with it? Business drives the economy that drives the "protection" for the people who enjoy "dishing it out," so to speak.

Sorry, I just understand this mechanism all too well. You can only beat someone to a pulp so many times, and then the time will come they strike back….. It's simple, really.
tetra

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It's not just beat and helmets and you know it. It's military gear and vehicles as we as military tactics.
And are you bringing up that the other side is using hollow points? Cause what do you think the cops are using

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

NO 
they opt to get attention to their children being shot in the friggin back. Sorry. that's just the way I see it. It just isn't that simple, IMHO

violence begets violence.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: GetOutOfMyLight

No, not really.
Maybe if you got the crap beat out of you on a daily basis, hassled in the street daily, you might have a different scope to compare this with. Just sayin'…..

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Seems to be clearing up for the night.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
SO, give us your take on this situation.

This is epic next level bullish!t. Seriously. We are witnessing, in real time, the horrifying outcome of equipping our police with military gear, and encouraging military tactics, on the citizenry.

This needs to be more widely known.

I fear it's going to get really bad. When police shoot tear gas into people's yards, for being in their yards, that's the kind of thing that could spark something to make the Rodney King riots look like romper room.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1
Seems to be clearing up for the night.

2nd.

Is this a feet on ground zero report, or just your opinion.

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

NO 
they opt to get attention to their children being shot in the friggin back. Sorry. that's just the way I see it. It just isn't that simple, IMHO

violence begets violence.

Yes, that's correct. If I'm being beat up every day, and no one is listening, what do I do then?
Maybe violence becomes the only answer. I am not advocating that, understand. But I am trying to get you to see it just isn't that simple, if all the legal remedies have been exhausted and no one is listening, and I am continuing to get beat up….
get me?
It becomes a matter of survival, then….
tetra

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Is this a feet on ground zero report, or just your opinion.

Des

Check the #FERGUSON twitter handle. Too many sources on videos that violate T&C showing people dispersing.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I agree.

Thanks for your input!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

twitter.com...

Reporter from L.A. Times. videos and source here.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Apologies. My post was received by you inverted. The ones wanting the "big dramatic" fight are the ones with all the "cool toys" just waiting to be used on a frustrated and cornered population.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetOutOfMyLight
Apologies. My post was received by you inverted. The ones wanting the "big dramatic" fight are the ones with all the "cool toys" just waiting to be used on a frustrated and cornered population.

I hear you….
tet

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Latest via Vine, protests look to be winding down for the night/morning.

edit on 12-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
nvm
2nd
edit on 12-8-2014 by scghst1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join