It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just seen this pic on twitter and was absolutely gob smacked

America has become a militarised police state and this pic shows it

I'm from the uk and can see the us is going down a sad path of total Orwellian style sh!t

I feel bad for these folks even if they are looters or not this is just over kill

edit on 12 8 2014 by Thefarmer because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 8 2014 by Thefarmer because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer
This is why there is a no fly zone over Ferguson, TPTB there dont want the gen public to see what they're doing

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
what a farce. overkill much?

+41 more 
link   
You will not convince me that there is a good reason for the police to be outfitted just like the military.

I remember a town hall meeting after the boston bombing where a marine stood up and asked why so many city cops were dressed just like he was when he was in a combat zone. POliticos as I remember it hemmed and hawed... then danced around the question before finally moving on to the next question.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
This is why there is a no fly zone over Ferguson, TPTB there dont want the gen public to see what they're doing

That was my thought exactly mate

We're off down a slippery slope it seems

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It seems like the in the aftermath of the Boston bombings this is a dry run for martial law

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Disgusting. I'm ashamed of my country and my planet. And very upset the majority of my fellow humans pursued comfort, convenience and entertainment for years instead of standing up for their rights. And now my generation is trained to think caring for the planet and bringing up issues like this is negative. Big problem. So I'm gathering apathy, mistrust in the current structure, and bread and circuses is accelerating our slide down the slope.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Have you seen the weapons you can legally own in America. Australia and the UK are very different due to the gun laws we have.

If I was a police officer in the US I would want as much military hardware as possible to make it home to my family at the end of the day.

You do realize that there is a mass shooting every week. That more people die of gun related trauma in the US than they do in combat zones etc,etc.

The police are the last ones to focus on, they take orders, who gives them orders, why do they protect the corporations from the public, who do the corporations donate money too, etc etc...

and think about it...

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

This looks like a completely staged martial law drill. Of course the first place TPTB would stage this
would be inside black communities first. Kill an unarmed black teenager, provoke the community
already weary of the police and see if they could contain the population. Baby steps people...
they won't practice on a scale to large at first, they need to work there way up.
Give it time this scene will be coming to towns all over America.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here's another pic

I think the armoured vehicle is used by military for protection against mines! I mean WTF! I can't see no Islamic militants planting IED's

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Bill Maher talked about how we are becoming a police state and it's stuff like this that proves he is right.

I feel sorry for the kids nowadays with the way the cops are acting when I was a teen the cops never beat people up in my town unless you attacked them first. Now cops make up reasons to beat and shoot people.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
Have you seen the weapons you can legally own in America. Australia and the UK are very different due to the gun laws we have.

If I was a police officer in the US I would want as much military hardware as possible to make it home to my family at the end of the day.

You do realize that there is a mass shooting every week. That more people die of gun related trauma in the US than they do in combat zones etc,etc.

The police are the last ones to focus on, they take orders, who gives them orders, why do they protect the corporations from the public, who do the corporations donate money too, etc etc...

and think about it...

Yeh and the nazis only obeyed orders didn't they?....

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Yup folks, thats an MRAP

MRAPs in Law Enforcement

edit on 8/12/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer

originally posted by: subtopia

and think about it...

Yeh and the nazis only obeyed orders didn't they?....

Agreed!
The thing outsiders do not and cannot grasp is 99 percent of the US does not want a revolution or a coup, our weapons stand firmly behind the idea of law and order.
There is a way to bring about change without simply handing your sovereignty over to the next tin pot dictator.
A country that allows the death of a president, Etc. to change it's political state is doomed to fail.
I don't care much for the current regime, but I would have them jailed and not killed first.
After the trial all is fair game however.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
With the rioting and looting going on along with the thugs doing the rioting and looting being armed ... consider it acceptable for order to be restored to the area ..

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Yes but the level of police armament in the USA has risen exponentially over the course o the previous 10 years. You wouldn't have seen the best swat in America having the same equipment as those guys pictured have now.

It is strange to see that the police have geared up so fast whilst more regulations have been upped for gun owners.

Sure there might have been more people who are unstable people being violent and thus more police being hurt/killed but I think that only therapy and a change in attitudes will stop these people doing crazy things in the first place, if they can't get hold of guns they'll get hold of something to take their violence out upon others.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
the militarization of the police in America is alarming. these people are not entering a war zone. too much battlefield 3, too many hormones and waaaay too little intelligence. a recipe for disaster.

there could be more deaths here.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Most of the cops I know personally are great people that work hard to build a bond with the community they work and live in. .

Cops dressed like that are not for protecting and serving... the most effective cops I have ever seen or known were the ones that moved fast to start talking to people.

The cops screwed up they tried to cover up (he "assaulted" the cop in the door of the vehicle but last I saw his body was 35 feet from the car), then they tried to intimidate, in rapid succession never giving the people the opportunity to calm down.

Lot of folks when their anger is high will respond to intimidation with violence, I cant decide if this is a dry run for martial law... or complete and total incompetence by the cops.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

We don't need Bill Maher to tell us this, (I'm sure he thinks he's smart though) ATS has been saying this since way before I registered... I'm glad the libs are finally seeing it, but I hope they don't turn a blind eye to it when it doesn't involve only their interests..

With that said, yes, this is overkill IMO. So is shutting down airspace because some idiot shot a round into the sky. I don't agree with the looting, it's stupid and it's an excuse to grab free stuff while taking advantage of the situation. Let the people protest, but keep an objective mind when weighing the evidence, rather than instantly relying on emotion alone. We've seen it way too often.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Shoot unarmed human...
Achieve desired illicit response...
Practice/test martial law effectiveness...
Comming soon to your City...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join