The Monster Within... A Message to the Depressed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+49 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No, this is not another Robin Williams thread. We have enough and I'm still waiting for the conspiracies to start surfacing. CIA, Illuminati etc. The usual suspects.

This is a piece I caught on the radio this morning and it rang a bell. They played it for Robin but what I know is that it was meant for me and many others. Many of us suffer from depression and what is truly frustrating is the fact that unless you suffer with us we find it almost impossible to explain it to you. We also know that you may want to truly understand but you just can't unless you are here with us.

So I made sure to write down the name of the piece and to upload it as soon as I got home. It explains depression so much more than I ever could. It's also only 3:42 long so as not to take up too much of your time.

The one thing I would want anyone taking away from this is just a clearer understanding of what your family member, friend, neighbor is experiencing with depression and to just have patience.

Sky Williams is yet another comedian suffering from depression and puts it right out there for all to see.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
welcome to my world.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Knowing someone is there and cares can make all the difference. Most depressed people don't have that.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
welcome to my world.

No it's mine and you can't have it. lol

But yes...I get it.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Knowing someone is there and cares can make all the difference. Most depressed people don't have that.

Actually, many don't care if anyone is there or not because others don't exist in their darkness.

I know what you mean and for some it can help. With others...nothing nor anyone can help.

Peace

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Perhaps Robin Williams' little light might shine afterall.

His apparent suicide and the possible reasons behind it may very well bring the subject of depression and/or bipolar disorder to the forefront and cause people to discuss it and maybe even seek help.

And that's a good thing.

Shine on, Sir Williams.
Shine on.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Perhaps Robin Williams' little light might shine afterall.

His apparent suicide and the possible reasons behind it may very well bring the subject of depression and/or bipolar disorder to the forefront and cause people to discuss it and maybe even seek help.

And that's a good thing.

Shine on, Sir Williams.
Shine on.

It's possible and hopefully it does.

Anti-depressants don't do it for me as many others I know of. Can't stand being a zombie.

The vid actually clicked for me because he put it so clearly. Something I have been trying to explain to others all my life but have failed to do so.

Now I can just point them to youtube...lol

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

A friend and i were just talking about Robin Williams earlier everyone thinks i am depressed nope i am just a hermit i enjoy misery

But he told me about our local doctors who turned away a young guy who threatened to kill himself he was pleading for help the doctor just sent him away
guess the outcome .

I work in a soup kitchen once a week for a few hours i put on the fools cap and try and make people far worse of than me smile for a while and talk to them about how bad drink/drugs are for you and depression

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I remember there was this advert by the Samaritans helpline. They had the scree filled with a classic game of space invaders, then the camera slowly rolled backwards revealing a massive circular fleet of space invaders that completely surrounding the player. Their message was "feeling completely surrounded and isolated, call the Samaritans".

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: jude11

A friend and i were just talking about Robin Williams earlier everyone thinks i am depressed nope i am just a hermit i enjoy misery

But he told me about our local doctors who turned away a young guy who threatened to kill himself he was pleading for help the doctor just sent him away
guess the outcome .

I work in a soup kitchen once a week for a few hours i put on the fools cap and try and make people far worse of than me smile for a while and talk to them about how bad drink/drugs are for you and depression

One smile on a stranger's face because of something you said or did can make a difference my friend.

Thanks.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11Thank you for posting. Im going through something right now, and I feel it.

second line

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: jude11Thank you for posting. Im going through something right now, and I feel it.

second line

Use my U2U if you need.

I can always lend an ear.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thank for the share Jude!

I can relate and absolutley refuse to taking phsycotropic medications, surround yourself with good people, exercise, and constantly stay busy. That's what I do, and it works 1/2 the time, more so than any anti-depression pill I ever took.

Ive gradually gotten better in the last 20 years. I fight for my life every day, and when I don't see results in my perspective at the end of the day I wonder if life's worth living with the immense amount of failed attempts with insecurities on the rise.

I love my life, don't get me wrong. At times that I do, I can be the best friend one could have. When I'm down, I can be anyone's worst nightmare. Such a roller coaster ride, I don't care for them too much, I'd rather stick with moderation, but the "me" is more prone and natural to chaotic ride.

I am college educated, traveled around most the world, have been very successful. Unfortunately, these days I can't get wrap my head around important things in my life, which has put me in a hole I just can't hop out of.

S&F Jude
edit on 12-8-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Agreed, I regularly volunteer at the local food bank, salvation army, and my treatment center I graduated from. Help, visit, donate. People helped me out, so I return the favor. Sometimes there just isn't enough to make ends meet......

..I'm still here though

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Talk, talk, talk...people can't help if they don't know what you're going through.

Please feel free to message me if you wish but don't just bury your problems!

I don't mean that to sound dismissive. Ask for help and hopefully you will find it!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
Thank for the share Jude!

I can relate and absolutley refuse to taking phsycotropic medications, surround yourself with good people, exercise, and constantly stay busy. That's what I do, and it works 1/2 the time, more so than any anti-depression pill I ever took.

Ive gradually gotten better in the last 20 years. I fight for my life every day, and when I don't see results in my perspective at the end of the day I wonder if life's worth living with the immense amount of failed attempts with insecurities on the rise.

I love my life, don't get me wrong. At times that I do, I can be the best friend one could have. When I'm down, I can be anyone's worst nightmare. Such a roller coaster ride, I don't care for them too much, I'd rather stick with moderation, but the "me" is more prone and natural to chaotic ride.

I am college educated, traveled around most the world, have been very successful. Unfortunately, these days I can't get wrap my head around important things in my life, which has put me in a hole I just can't hop out of.

S&F Jude

Sometimes it feels like a muddy World. Nothing is bright and people make me angry. The news is depressing but I just have to keep on top of it.

I lock myself away for a day or so. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

I used to live on a beautiful island in BC and locked myself away in a cabin for a year. Couldn't go outside and when I did, I'd get high stress in a crowd of 3 or more.

I hear ya. But we keep pushing on because the alternative sucks ass.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

They can be helpful, but if you get someone who isn't trained well, it can be more damaging. After pouring my heart out and explain exactly why I felt suicidal, they asked, "So whats changed in your life to make you feel suicidal."

Jude11. That may be true for some but for many that simply isn't true. I struggle with feeling suicidal and made an attempt not to long ago. The difference, is that the night I made my failed attempt, I reached out to anyone and everyone I could and no one seemed to care. It is the emotional support I have received since that keeps me alive.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: stormcell

They can be helpful, but if you get someone who isn't trained well, it can be more damaging. After pouring my heart out and explain exactly why I felt suicidal, they asked, "So whats changed in your life to make you feel suicidal."

Jude11. That may be true for some but for many that simply isn't true. I struggle with feeling suicidal and made an attempt not to long ago. The difference, is that the night I made my failed attempt, I reached out to anyone and everyone I could and no one seemed to care. It is the emotional support I have received since that keeps me alive.

Anytime I feel like suicide I just think of the pain of those left behind. Not wanting to cause them pain is enough for me to endure mine.

It's a Daily struggle. Some Days are better than others. Some Days the sun is enough but when it's cloudy for too long...it's tough.

I get it.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
- I have/had known 2 people who killed themselves.
- My mother suffered with depression for 15 years
- I myself have OCD and BP as well as BP. The only reason I'm still around is because I don't have it in me to do it. That and I have a good pdoc

This isn't a RW thread. ..but inspired by RW suicide.

The day before RW killed himself 85 people commit ed suicide which is the daily average rate. Why not post this then...oh because they wasn't famous.
edit on 12-8-2014 by resistanceisfutile because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-8-2014 by resistanceisfutile because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If anyone is depressed and wants to U2u me, that's fine. I'm a good listener. I took myself off yet another anti-depressant. I get too zoned out, zombie like. LOL I do have a med for anxiety which helps a great deal as I tend to really worry and stress over things I have no control over.

Try to spend time with an awesome friend, get out into nature and soak up the sun and fresh air. Lose yourself in the pages of a great book or movie. Sometimes diversions help. Get some pretty little fish. They make you smile when all else sucks. Just know that you are never truly alone. You have your ATS family by your side.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join