It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Urge Southern Secession on Gamechanger Salon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

I remember bombing all those brown folks in WWI for that President Wilson, but he was a democrat. Then there were all those brown folks we bombed in WWII for President Roosevelt ... but he was a democrat, too. Then we bombed all those brown people in Korea for that president Truman. Oh! You say he was a democrat, too? Then there were all those brown people bombed in Vietnam thanks to Johnson also a democrat.

So, yes, there have been some engagements under Republicans lately, but the big bloodbaths of history were all carried out under Democrat administrations. It seems that "loving to bomb some brown people" isn't only a trait confined to one side of the aisle.

But don't worry. I'm sure if there actually was a secession, it wouldn't be long before you folks in the blue utopias would need to go to war against someone in order for your benevolent overlords to justify why your chocolate rations are so short. So, you wouldn't be bombing just brown people, but your former fellow Americans.

edit on 14-8-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I knew that conservatives are stuck in the past, but damn!

And of course you conveniently left out that at those times, republicans and democrats were the polar opposites that they are today.

But go ahead forget about Reagan and the rise of the neo-cons, the switch in political polarity, and the subsequent shift to the right the republicans have been marching on for the last 30+ years.

The point remains the same. The country is completely broken, it's time to dissolve this union and go our separate ways. I'd prefer to do it amicably without a civil war.

But there is nothing the left and the right have in common anymore. There's no reason to keep pretending that we aren't two separate countries anymore. If the left wants something, the right blocks it, and vice versa.

Why not just split the country and end a failed experiment?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

I knew that conservatives are stuck in the past, but damn!

Ferguson, MO.

"Back to the Future"

Progressives do things better.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes there is some serious stuff going down in MO.

Kinda off topic though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join