It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Urge Southern Secession on Gamechanger Salon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Apologies... I stand corrected, and even though I disagree with him on a political level I can still respect him for standing by his word.

That said, as much as certain groups of people annoy me and certain regions well I just don't like being there... every single one of us and every place in this country is part of what makes us so different.

I wouldn't want to see a single person from the other side of the aisle leave, because without them we are a lesser nation.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: retiredTxn

For one, Texans can't drive, I don't know how a person can drive 25 mph and still drive right off a canyon road into a ravine. I can safely say I loathe pretty much every Texan I have had the displeasure of meeting.

What an intellectual and damning statement. How many Texan's drive off a canyon road and into a ravine on a daily basis? I am sure you have facts, figures, statistics, and sources to back this all up, right? As for you loathing pretty much every Texan you have met, do you really think meeting you was a joy for them? Maybe if you would move back to Colorado from Florida, and take advantage of some of that legal herb, you might realize you have a very bad disposition.

Y'all want out of the union anyway, just go and improve the average IQ of the nation with their departure.
call yourselves confederates, whatever, it's your choice, as everything will be. Long as y'all are gone Ann Rand-ing or figuring out which amongst you us the most conservative.

God it would be great.

Then in the north we could keep all the RINOs for balance and work on fixing the mess this country is in with a government that works.

I, nor anyone I know, wants out of the United States of America. You, on the other-hand, seem to feel Texan's are not "American" enough to meet your personal tastes. We don't really care that you hate Texas, or that you seem to know what every Texan is like. You once had a layover in an airport here, and once rode a bus through Texas. Shows how illogical and utterly useless your opinion really is. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but it looks to others that you have no rational basis for your perceptions of others. You, and your kind, are the problem in this country. Maybe the rest of us should rant and rave until you become an expat? No, we won't do that. As much as you hate Texas, I and many others love and cherish these United States of America. Put aside the hate, and become part of the solution.

PS: Don't forget to read the very bottom of this post. That line says it all.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

a reply to: retiredTxn

For one, Texans can't drive, I don't know how a person can drive 25 mph and still drive right off a canyon road into a ravine. I can safely say I loathe pretty much every Texan I have had the displeasure of meeting.

Y'all want out of the union anyway, just go and improve the average IQ of the nation with their departure.

call yourselves confederates, whatever, it's your choice, as everything will be. Long as y'all are gone Ann Rand-ing or figuring out which amongst you us the most conservative.

God it would be great.

Then in the north we could keep all the RINOs for balance and work on fixing the mess this country is in with a government that works.

My, my.

One of the most hateful posts I've ever seen on ATS.

Oh wait, the 2nd most hateful. The most hateful was your post just before this one.

You're a fine example of why this country is divided and will remain that way: intolerance.

I guess in your world it would be better if everyone here acted the same, spoke the same, looked the same, lived the same way, did everything the same way....and that way must be your way.

Yep. That's what I call intolerance. Almost sounds racist when you think about it.

So what other kinds of people do you hate? Any other people from other parts of the US? How about Canada? Mexico? Any other countries?
Because, you know, they are not all going to be the same as you, drive like you, speak like you, or live the same way as you......

That type of hate.....wow.....
edit on 12-8-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

At least Texas, I say repo all US assets, demo all military bases, and force Texas out of the union.

Same thing with the southern states, sick of all of them. Fend for yourselves, any right wingers wanna relocate, you can pay me to help you move.

Good luck with hurricanes gulf coast states. Scared of FEMA? Good luck Louisiana. Don't call us for help, you're self reliant Americans.

I guess when all else fails,

go for the throat and fly your true flags !!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So, everyone in here posting that blue states suck, is that love and compassion or something??

I, nor anyone I know, wants out of the United States of America

Oh come on, Rick Perry and a bunch of other republican politicians have talked about it. I think it would be good as long as their moderates move up here and leave all the right wingers down there.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So, everyone in here posting that blue states suck, is that love and compassion or something??

I, nor anyone I know, wants out of the United States of America

Oh come on, Rick Perry and a bunch of other republican politicians have talked about it. I think it would be good as long as their moderates move up here and leave all the right wingers down there.

Totally glad you've never been harassed bro. Keep it up, you.

You look through a totalitarian kaleidoscope.

No reply.....
edit on 13-8-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
we can build a type of cattle chute straight up to the northern states from the border.

express trains too.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Oh please, like southern conservatives are known as tolerant and accepting individuals.

And the ultra right wing in this country are known for their bipartisan teamwork, reaching across the political aisle, and coming up with realistic solutions that benefit all Americans.

Don't act all shocked that your conservative and religious leaders who themselves have called for cessation and dissolving the united states actually may find support from the left.

Maybe some of us are tired of a government that does nothing. Of listening to rhetoric of intolerance and divisiveness. Of having to tolerate a group of people disrespecting people of different religions or ethnicity.

So yeah, go, please go, make your own country. And don't think that after years of divisive rhetoric, now that it's an election year that y'all can just move to the middle and some of us are going to just forget all of what the right has said and done.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
My way, or the highway.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortStuff
I wish we would secede. But why limit it to just the Southern states? Why not all the so-called Red states? I'd like to see the Blue, a.k.a. liberal, states make it without the Red states paying taxes to cover their welfare, food stamps, and obamaphones.

You do realize that thered states have the most people on food stamps, correct?
This country is divided enough as it is. The last thing we need is an official split. What we do need is people to actually start living up to the "Christian" ideals people claim this country was founded on, and start working to make the world a better place for everyone, and no just the select few.
edit on 8/13/2014 by tebyen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You should read his Anti-2nd posts and threads.
Pretty much the same thing. Seething hatred for anyone that doesn't think like him.

As for states breaking away? Would love to see this happen.

Montana and Wyoming have been threatening this for a little bit now.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tebyen

originally posted by: ShortStuff
I wish we would secede. But why limit it to just the Southern states? Why not all the so-called Red states? I'd like to see the Blue, a.k.a. liberal, states make it without the Red states paying taxes to cover their welfare, food stamps, and obamaphones.

This country is divided enough as it is. The last thing we need is an official split. What we do need is people to actually start living up to the "Christian" ideals people claim this country was founded on, and start working to make the world a better place for everyone, and no just the select few.

you do realize that could be because the Southern region has the higher population than the rest of the U.S. with a population of 118,383,453, next highest is Western region at 74,254,423m followed by Midwest 67,547,890, and dragin up the rear the Northern region with 55,943,073.

source is this wiki cause it's fast.
here is the legend breakdown for the chart a little easier to read.
Legend
Division totals – 9 divisions for 50 States and DC --- pink 1-9
Region totals – 4 regions ( 2 or 3 divisions each) -----green numbered1-4
Individual territories ------light blue
Total U.S. Territories ------lime green
50 States + DC and District of Colombia -------yellow
Divisions & regions as defined by U.S. Census Bureau
Last col. shows larger region which contains entity in col. 1
Summary of population by region

and anothe wiki,

List of U.S. states by population density

and it's not just states in the south that voted red.

another thing you see that two red states are on our southern border and have the highest rate of illegal crossings, i wonder how many stay there and collect food stamps. and don't say that illegals can't get them.

The documents obtained by Judicial Watch show that USDA officials are working closely with their counterparts at the Mexican Embassy to widely broaden the SNAP program in the Mexican immigrant community, with no effort to restrict aid to, identify, or apprehend illegal immigrants who may be on the food stamp rolls. In an email to Borjon Lopez-Coterilla and Jose Vincente of the Mexican Embassy, dated January 26, 2012, Yibo Wood of the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) sympathized with the plight of illegal aliens applying for food stamps, saying, “FNS understands that mixed status households may be particularly vulnerable. Many of these households contain a non-citizen parent and a citizen child.”
The email from Wood to Lopez-Coterilla and Vincente came in response to a request from the Mexican Embassy that the USDA FNS step in to prevent the state of Kansas from changing its food stamp policy to restrict the amount of financial assistance provided to illegal aliens. In a January 22, 2012, article, the Kansas City Star had revealed that the state would no longer include illegal aliens in its calculations of the amount of assistance to be provided low-income Hispanic families in order to prevent discrimination against legal recipients.
Food stamps for illegal aliens

from the horse's mouth. this opens a Pdf, for those who may not want it to ipen one.

Disclosure of SSNs for the Child Care Assistance Program is voluntary and is requested for the purpose of accurate identification. F ailure to disclose SSNs will not affect participation in the Child Care Assistance Program. If any of these persons do not have an SSN, we ca n help you apply for one. Providing or applying for an SSN is voluntary; however, any person who wants assistance but who doesn’t want to give information about their SSN will not be eligible for benefits . Other household members may still get benefits if they are otherwise eligible. If you are applying only for emer - gency Medicaid because of your citizenship or immigration status, you do not need to give us information about your SSN
Before You Apply for SNAP

edit on 13-8-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: eriktheawful

You should read his Anti-2nd posts and threads.
Pretty much the same thing. Seething hatred for anyone that doesn't think like him.

As for states breaking away? Would love to see this happen.

Montana and Wyoming have been threatening this for a little bit now.

Meh. I have little use for people that are so small minded that they hate everyone that is not like them, or do not think like them.

I've seen people from up north, claim that the South is full of racist, hateful people.

And yet, here in the south with I live, is some of the most friendliest folks I have ever met in my life, with the exception of people in Italy when I lived there.

Overall, it's laid back and more relaxed then when I lived up north. My family here is both white and black. No one is hating the other. Most times we get together to BBQ, drink beer, tell stories and watch the kids play. No one is hating anyone. No one is rioting.

Mater of fact, I do believe that South Carolina and some other states here in the south were on the list of places that people love to live.

But what are you going to do? People going to hate. Haters are going to hate.

What is it that you call a person that dislikes a few....but then says that those few represent millions of others, and therefore they hate all of those others?

I'm pretty sure we know what word that is.

But again, meh. It's their problem, not mine.

I'm too busy enjoying life here in the country, sipping a cold one to worry about someone that might hate me because they have a hang up about others not being like them.

Life's too short for hate in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tebyen

But I bet most of the "recipients" are in areas that always vote Democrat.

There's lots of Democrat pocket voting precincts.

Especially in the higher crime/poverty areas.

They would be migrating "North" I suppose ?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

You got to be kidding me, you seriously expect me to be tolerant of racist, bigoted, xenophobes?

I'm supposed to have any empathy at all for religious zealots?

For years now, many many hard line right wingers have stifled economic recovery, tried to pursue war wherever they can.

And we are supposed to be tolerant if this?

Oh hell no!

Now you want to move to the middle? Election year approaching and you all are realizing that the years of your rhetoric is catching up with you? That the left is going to come out swinging against you hard.

Most people on the left are really accepting of different ideas and cultures. I for one used to agree with a lot of conservative ideas. Then the neo-cons of the 90s and the TEA Party of today came along, and went completely insane to the right.

So yea, please go, secede from the union. Get out and stay out.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You got to be kidding me, you seriously expect me to be tolerant of racist, bigoted, xenophobes?

Well, you preach forced tolerance to people on your side. Guess that road isn't a two way street.

I'm supposed to have any empathy at all for religious zealots?

How has religion come into this again??? Oh I forgot, as usual you bring it up.

For years now, many many hard line right wingers have stifled economic recovery, tried to pursue war wherever they can.

Keynesian economics has yet to function.
No wonder people push against it.

And we are supposed to be tolerant if this?

Oh hell no!

Oh good lord.

Now you want to move to the middle?

Who is moving to the middle?

Election year approaching and you all are realizing that the years of your rhetoric is catching up with you? That the left is going to come out swinging against you hard.

Ahhhhhh, something tells me you don't grasp this topic either.

Most people on the left are really accepting of different ideas and cultures.

Ummmm, okay. So long as it isn't those that oppose them.
Should I provide you with your OWN statements about those that wish to exercise a right??? Or brain shared others?

I for one used to agree with a lot of conservative ideas.

Like what exactly?

Then the neo-cons of the 90s and the TEA Party of today came along, and went completely insane to the right.

So yea, please go, secede from the union. Get out and stay out.

Neo-Cons huh??? You do understand that they and the Tea Party are not the same.

I do believe that you are really good at reusing buzzwords you pickup while perusing the DailyKos and such, but maybe you should actually research and understand what you are talking about.

And now I envision the total HauntWok package. Angry 20 something black man. Makes sense now.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Well bless your heart sugar.

2nd

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I am guessing you have never spent any real time in the south, I live in Oklahoma and I have never seen so many inter racial couples in my 41 years, the whole waving the confederate battle flag and wearing white sheets and burning crosses is quite last century except for a handful of way out in the sticks areas.

But go ahead and hate us... the only thing hating an entire group of people accomplishes is poisoning yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I am aware of the difference between neo-cons and the TEA Party, that's why I differentiated between the two.

Just look at the voting blocks y'all have alienated, blacks, Hispanics, the LGBT community, women, Muslims... basically anyone who isn't an old rich white male.

And besides, y'all want your own Intolerland, where you will be free to have a completely ineffectual government constantly completely broke unable to even raise enough taxes for a hopeless army. Not to mention generating enough funds for infrastructure or public works.

You'll privatize absolutely everything and watch as you're completely unable to provide even basic civil protections to your citizens from the corporate overlords who will infest every aspect of your lives and bill you for the privilege.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

He only hates those that he thinks hates others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join