Liberals Urge Southern Secession on Gamechanger Salon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hmmm.

Seems there's a group of "Liberals" that are suggesting the "South" go ahead and secede from the main U.S. and everything might be better off.

Very odd.

I wonder what their Southern supporters in the high crime/high volume Democrat voting areas might think "down there" ?

I wonder if this group even understands ?

The "Southern" States have many Democrat/Progressive voting pockets.

The nation would be better off if Southern states seceded from the union, and Republicans pushing for right-to-work, voter ID laws and other reforms are “neo-Confederates” according to a candid exchange between a major Democratic donor and liberal organizers on Gamechanger Salon. The forum, a secretive and exclusive digital gathering of over 1,000 leftwing leaders, activists and journalists, was recently made public by Media Trackers, and email exchanges between members offer fascinating insights into the group’s inner deliberations.

Gamechanger Salon participant Jon Stahl sparked a conversation last October about the role of the South in American politics when he posted a link to Michael Lind’s piece for Salon magazine entitled The South is Holding America Hostage. “I thought this was an impressive (if tough) piece of big-picture political strategy and prescription,” Stahl explained before remarking, “Would be interested to hear others’ opinions of whether he is on target or way off…and if so what that might imply.”

Liberals Urge Southern Secession on Gamechanger Salon

Would Southern Succession Work ?

related Thread: 1,000-Member Secretive Progressive Journalist Group Uncovered

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Shoot, if they do that I guess I'd have to move. To the south.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hmmm but what about their illegal, ahem, undocumented voters they need to clinch elections?

I really don't get it now.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

This is just more contempt and hate talk from the liberal media.

I do agree that the statement that they made that the civil war never ended but just became a cold war. But the last time the south wanted to leave didn't the federalist up north come down and murder tons of people to keep them in line.

Why the change of heart? They must be reading those common core history books again.

If it ever did happen I'd definitely move south again.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In a heart beat. Where do we sign up?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Hmmm but what about their illegal, ahem, undocumented voters they need to clinch elections?

I really don't get it now.

We'll just do an exchange. You give us your productive, your conservative, your huddled libertarians yearning to breathe free, and they can take our tired, our poor, our huddled illegals yearning to be supported for free ...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I would support a reservation created for white separatists and their sympathizers. Just make sure there are plenty all you can eat buffets so they can eat themselves into the dirt ASAP.

It would have to be big to hold the blubber, bibles and monster trucks. LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

I would support a reservation created for white separatists and their sympathizers. Just make sure there are plenty all you can eat buffets so they can eat themselves into the dirt ASAP.

It would have to be big to hold the blubber, bibles and monster trucks. LOL

We'll get most of the farmers ... so, uh, what are y'all gonna eat out there in lefty land?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wait, I thought a lot of southerners were screaming about secession after Obama was reelected. You mean they really don't want to secede and it was just a bunch of hot air?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaploink
Wait, I thought a lot of southerners were screaming about secession after Obama was reelected. You mean they really don't want to secede and it was just a bunch of hot air?

That's what I'm saying. They've been talking for years about seceding and now the liberals are saying "Ok, sounds good to us".

So put your money where your mouth is or quit complaining and let's work together to fix this mess.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
To sum it up, right wing thrash complaining about left wing trash, good old usa dont you change.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wish we would secede. But why limit it to just the Southern states? Why not all the so-called Red states? I'd like to see the Blue, a.k.a. liberal, states make it without the Red states paying taxes to cover their welfare, food stamps, and obamaphones.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Don't chy'all remember the old saying?

"Save your Dixie Cups! The South will rise again!"

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

That's what I'm saying. They've been talking for years about seceding and now the liberals are saying "Ok, sounds good to us".

So put your money where your mouth is or quit complaining and let's work together to fix this mess.

*shrugs* I seem to remember many liberals screaming they would leave the country if Bush got reelected ..

He did and nary a one left the country.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My oh my. I sure hope missouri joins the south so I don't have to move lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
At least Texas, I say repo all US assets, demo all military bases, and force Texas out of the union.

Same thing with the southern states, sick of all of them. Fend for yourselves, any right wingers wanna relocate, you can pay me to help you move.

Good luck with hurricanes gulf coast states. Scared of FEMA? Good luck Louisiana. Don't call us for help, you're self reliant Americans.
edit on 12-8-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

*shrugs* I seem to remember many liberals screaming they would leave the country if Bush got reelected ..

He did and nary a one left the country.

Not true. 1 man did just that. Pierre Salinger, former Kennedy and LBJ press Sec.

He later made a permanent move to France, making good on his promise that, "If Bush wins, I'm going to leave the country and spend the rest of my life in France."

Source

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
At least Texas, I say repo all US assets, demo all military bases, and force Texas out of the union.

WOW! Don't like Teas much? What, pray tell, makes one hate a state full of fellow American's so much? You do know there are no provisions in the Constitution to remove a state from the union? Thankfully there are not many who show such hatred as you for their fellow American's.

Same thing with the southern states, sick of all of them. Fend for yourselves, any right wingers wanna relocate, you can pay me to help you move.

Good luck with hurricanes gulf coast states. Scared of FEMA? Good luck Louisiana. Don't call us for help, you're self reliant Americans.

You are sick of all the southern states, then you refer to southerner's as American's. Which is it? I guess if you had it your way, we southerner's would be free of that nasty ol' $17,000,000,000,000 dollar debt. Me personally, American's as a whole are responsible for working together to fix this mess we're in. But, you keep on dividing and hating.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

For one, Texans can't drive, I don't know how a person can drive 25 mph and still drive right off a canyon road into a ravine. I can safely say I loathe pretty much every Texan I have had the displeasure of meeting.

Y'all want out of the union anyway, just go and improve the average IQ of the nation with their departure.

call yourselves confederates, whatever, it's your choice, as everything will be. Long as y'all are gone Ann Rand-ing or figuring out which amongst you us the most conservative.

God it would be great.

Then in the north we could keep all the RINOs for balance and work on fixing the mess this country is in with a government that works.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm surprised this Gamechanger Salon outfit hasn't come up with a plan to "expel" their "undesirable" States.

Or better yet, maybe they should just go start their own country somewhere.

They sound like a real class outfit.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join