It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: FAA Issues Flight Warning Over FERGUSON, MO – Effective Immediately

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Maybe he is right......

Strange times............

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
But of course they did, always beleive the police when they make an announcement. They never lie, they always tell the truth. And I sure as hell dont beleive a yellow pick up truck "got away" from a damn police crusier in a chase. Just look at the vids CNN shows, I could almost count the "black cops" on one hand. But we'll bury this one, like all the rest. After there's a CNN special with Soledad Obrein on Race Relations in America. More of a complete lack thereof.a reply to: Destinyone

edit on 12-8-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

so will the 7.62 x 54 r. both will go right through a vest also if using fmj rounds.
edit on 12-8-2014 by fixitwcw because: ...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Lestranger

Yeah, you're right. Screw it, let all the helicopters and small planes that want to fly over the area fly there. Safety? Screw it, all that matters is catching the police doing something wrong. Screw the people on the ground when someone screws up trying to get that perfect shot, and there's an accident.

But isn't there the same risk of collision connected to ANY event that might draw multiple news helicopters? Why is this one different from any other?

Either way, I'm sure if anything big goes down there will be cell phones a-plenty capturing it.

And you have to admit, if there WERE to be a confrontation between protesters (or looters) and police, it would be best - from the point of view of the police - if it were NOT being filmed. Gives them more latitude of action, you know, to crack some skulls.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lestranger
a reply to: ketsuko

did you fail to note the "if found guilty"?

i'm a tad dyslexic so it's happened to me

second - not attacking you just making a comment

third - given that list of incriminating facts...

and lastly, if they've done nothing wrong why all the secrecy, even before people started acting up?

i mean really it's not the first time this has happened in this country [u.s. or anywhere]

ps Zimmerman was just as guilty as OJ

most of the training of legal casuistrists is in fooling/manipulating juries and creating reasonable doubt out of nothing

chill and regards

You can read whatever you like into that evidence, but the truth is that it says nothing without more facts to go with it.

I saw "porcine ass" and more or less stopped there; it told me where your opinion is on this. You've stopped being objective and decided it must be all the cop's fault because you dislike cops. I have no doubt the cop will see his day in court, but there is a lot more about this investigation that needs to be completed.

I don't blame them for keeping a media blackout on it. Look how much hay was made out of every detail that could be wrangled out of the cops in Florida. This situation is far more volatile. No one needs to have riots break out because NBC gets a radio call and decides to creatively "edit" it to forward their preferred narrative.

And I think Martin bears as much fault as Zimmerman for what happened to him that night.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 0rkoJoker

Because this one will have more police helicopters added to the mix. It's one thing to have a few news helicopters, but add in the police helicopters who are going to be chasing suspects, or following units on the ground, and that just adds more risk to it. The news pilots are going to be busy watching the ground for the good shot, while the police helicopters are going to be watching the ground to see what's going on, and all it takes is one person not looking up for that extra second, and you have another Phoenix on your hands.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko I don't blame them for keeping a media blackout on it.

'nothing to hide, nothing to fear'

etc...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Police chases, building fires, hostage standoffs, most types of incidences occur everyday, most in a area smaller than Ferguson, and usually covered by news helicopters.

This is giving them a tactical advantage with drones more than likely. Also keeping out the press gives them a one sided story.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Fires usually don't have two or three police helicopters flying overhead, to go with the news helicopters.

But yeah, that's the ONLY possible reason they did it. They're going to bring the drones in.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In July of 2007 in Phoenix, AZ two news helicopters collided and crashed. Air traffic is a concern, small arms fire a bigger concern.

No sane person wants a helo to crash in a residential area.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: LDragonFire

Fires usually don't have two or three police helicopters flying overhead, to go with the news helicopters.

But yeah, that's the ONLY possible reason they did it. They're going to bring the drones in.

In St Louis they do, its not a ton of square miles between St Charles to the NW and Alton to the NE to Arnold to the S and Eureka to the SW. I could be mistaken but I think the Ksdk, Kmov, Fox2, and Ktvi all have there own traffic copters plus kmox radio might have one as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Bommarito SkyFOX helicopter has been asked by police and the FAA not to fly over Ferguson since the looting on Sunday night. Bullets were fired at the police helicopter two nights ago. Safety is a major concern.

A Temporary Flight Restriction is in place for the area above Ferguson until August 18th. The FAA says no pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this order unless authorized by authorities.

Commercial aircraft from Lambert Airport were cleared by the FAA to fly over Ferguson on Tuesday.

Fox2

Safe for commercial aircraft not safe for news helicopters.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Commercial flights would be landing or taking off? But there safe but not helicopters?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hmm i wonder if the cell phone towers in the area will somehow mysteriously be turned off tonight also?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Lestranger
a reply to: ketsuko

did you fail to note the "if found guilty"?

i'm a tad dyslexic so it's happened to me

second - not attacking you just making a comment

third - given that list of incriminating facts...

and lastly, if they've done nothing wrong why all the secrecy, even before people started acting up?

i mean really it's not the first time this has happened in this country [u.s. or anywhere]

ps Zimmerman was just as guilty as OJ

most of the training of legal casuistrists is in fooling/manipulating juries and creating reasonable doubt out of nothing

chill and regards

You can read whatever you like into that evidence, but the truth is that it says nothing without more facts to go with it.

I saw "porcine ass" and more or less stopped there; it told me where your opinion is on this. You've stopped being objective and decided it must be all the cop's fault because you dislike cops. I have no doubt the cop will see his day in court, but there is a lot more about this investigation that needs to be completed.

I don't blame them for keeping a media blackout on it. Look how much hay was made out of every detail that could be wrangled out of the cops in Florida. This situation is far more volatile. No one needs to have riots break out because NBC gets a radio call and decides to creatively "edit" it to forward their preferred narrative.

And I think Martin bears as much fault as Zimmerman for what happened to him that night.

oh my bad, i though you were a thinking human being

the above just disproved that

far be from me to point out all the delusional and extremely muddled "thought" process involved in it's creation

just two is all I've time for then your on your own:

1- police are NEVER ACCOUNTABLE to the citizenry, and are "tried" by panels composed of their own.

2-a kid with a scholarship NOT A THUG, NOT A COLOR [you brought up the race card here by the way], was killed and it looks like those responsible will be getting away with it as usual.

end of conversation.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Commercial flights would be landing or taking off? But there safe but not helicopters?

Let's see...height helicopters would be flying, under 5,000 ft. Commercial airliners altitude...25,000 ft on up.

And you are implying what???

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I live 2 hours from STL..and they are warning all residents of southern Illinois to stay clear of StL. News says: DO NOT go into STL conditions unstable.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Hmm i wonder if the cell phone towers in the area will somehow mysteriously be turned off tonight also?

Exactly my first thought as well. I can only imagine this ending very badly if so.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
no-fly zone
prelude to a massacre?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw
a reply to: randyvs

so will the 7.62 x 54 r. both will go right through a vest also if using fmj rounds.

Just as effective as a stinger at low altitude. You can bet.

edit on Rpm81214v292014u51 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join