It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: FAA Issues Flight Warning Over FERGUSON, MO – Effective Immediately

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Thanks Zaphod. A new article also claims Police Helicopters are being shot at.

Throughout the evening, numerous cop cars sustained damage and Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said someone in a yellow pickup truck fired shots at officers while circling a WalMart parking lot. Chief Jackson said he got into a cop car to give chase to the truck but the truck got away.

Police said shots were also fired at a police helicopter in the area.

www.kmov.com...

Des

Thanks Des, that pretty much clears up my prior post and what is going on.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
I live in this area so I will give an update (on the IL side of the Miss SE of St Louis). Yes there was rioting again last night...they had live coverage on tv most of the night of the police using tear gas to disperse crowds that were unruly. This area is ripe with racial tension and has been since I moved here in the early 90's so this is no surprise. The area that this happened in is on the north side of the city and one of the most dangerous on the MO side of the river. High unemployment, high gang crime, police force that is struggling with budget cuts...etc. There have been reports regarding people coming from other areas of the city to participate in the violent protests (gang members more than likely) but this has much to do with certain populations just waiting for an excuse to do this type of thing as well. I was here during the OJ arrest and trial and dealt with much turmoil at work as a manager due to the proportion of black to white workers (blacks being the majority and many small time gang members...I am white...and I must say although I was threatened many times the guys working for me never carried through with any threat...it seemed their main objective was to instill fear so I would go away which I did not...at which point I was given the nickname crazy white boy and we all got along...still talk to them today if I see them as they were good people under all the tough bs they had to project so they didn't get ran over by the real thugs that would kill) so this I feel will be a major event here...I just hope it gets better than it has been. Most of the population knows about laser pointers and planes so I suspect that is what they have in mind here as Lambert has many flight paths that go over this area. Yes Rev Al will be here which will only fan the flames so I don't look for it to go away soon and I will be staying away from the city as much as possible as IL offers everything MO does only more expensive and with politicians that are corrupt to the point of prosecution. My prediction is it will continue on a daily basis (as it did today in other parts of the city) and the real destruction will come if nothing is done to the officer. I have heard conflicting reports about the incident so I will reserve judgement. Officers name will not be released to protect his family as there have been death threats. KSDK is about the best station for reporting that is not over the top sensationalism around here.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I'm not there so let me make that very very clear. Now from what I've been hearing it's not the police, it's not the people, but the problem seem to be opportunists that have come in from outside the community that is causing the trouble. Allowing a safe place for the police to work WITH the people in the community to limit, or hopefully stop this crime wave (no matter what the start of it is) is in everyone best interest.

By the way Al Sharpton is suppose to be there, so the violence might just get worse (sadly enough)

Yes, and they are going to hold a "candlelight vigil" on the plaza in my hometown tonight. We've already had enough incidents of packs of youth running amok and creating problems on the Plaza this summer. It was a "candlelight vigil" that started all this in Ferguson, so I sure hope this doesn't spread.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

Because on a normal day, news helicopters and police helicopters don't congregate in one very small area. When you're flying, three miles isn't much time to react, even in a helicopter sometimes. A normal news day, you might get a couple of helicopters flying near each other once or twice all day. Throw out there that something is going to happen that night, and the police are involved, and every news agency with a helicopter is going to be in the area jostling for that better shot than the other helicopter got. All it takes is one slip.

Add in that people have shot at police helicopters, and you add to the risk. People on the ground aren't going to know a police helicopter from a news helicopter (and they're not likely to care).

link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, I just read that the police chief has decided NOT to release the officers name, and that they possibly expect more trouble tonight?

Can anyone confirm that?

Well, they haven't released it so far, the officer is on A/leave. The police version of events baldy as it is, does sound a bit weird, though without the why's and wherefore's, who's to say?
The witnesses statements are much more direct and say he was shot down.

Yeah, but even the witnesses don't match. None of the accounts match at all except in the most basic ways. This is just a massive mess, really. It reminds me of the times as a teacher you'd catch kids fighting in the hall and ask 5 or 10 of them what happened and get 5 or 10 completely different stories.

link   
With pictures like this on twitter maybe the police are planing to go in hard as
there was chants of "kill the police" and they do look like they
going to war than a riot.

TWITTER
edit on 12/8/2014 by skuly because: edit

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Add in that people have shot at police helicopters, and you add to the risk. People on the ground aren't going to know a police helicopter from a news helicopter (and they're not likely to care).

Yeah that news was just broke a few minutes ago. Makes a helluva-lot more sense now. Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: roaland

So, I just read that the police chief has decided NOT to release the officers name, and that they possibly expect more trouble tonight?

Can anyone confirm that?

Why should they release the name? Their rioting over this. overreacting majorly. Because of this stupidity, they probably just ensured this stays as behind closed doors as possible and who can blame them? When's the last time a riot broke out because of an unarmed white kid got shot? This riot is stupid and now trying to find out the real facts in this case are going to be very hard to get ahold of.

There have been death threats, so they have decided not to release the officer's name until they are sure he is safe since this is an ongoing investigation and no one knows exactly what happened.

just drag his porcine ass to court and if found guilty lock him up
oh wait, police have special privileges and a license to kill.

maybe if the police hadn't murdered that kid, and you can be sure this sort of thing is not a novel event without precedent in the locale folks wouldn't have anything to be angry about.

something to consider

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey America! here is your chance for the spark of "the revolution" that so many of you speak of here at ATS. Dont sit by your computer following the event, get out there, join the fight, take the power back!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nettlas
Hey America! here is your chance for the spark of "the revolution" that so many of you speak of here at ATS. Dont sit by your computer following the event, get out there, join the fight, take the power back!

No that's what they want. Nobody here wants what your claiming.

You take the power back by making their power obsolete through abandoning their system, not fighting it.

A major part of their system by design is placating subjects through physical means. Walk away.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lestranger

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: roaland

Can anyone confirm that?

Why should they release the name? Their rioting over this. overreacting majorly. Because of this stupidity, they probably just ensured this stays as behind closed doors as possible and who can blame them? When's the last time a riot broke out because of an unarmed white kid got shot? This riot is stupid and now trying to find out the real facts in this case are going to be very hard to get ahold of.

There have been death threats, so they have decided not to release the officer's name until they are sure he is safe since this is an ongoing investigation and no one knows exactly what happened.

just drag his porcine ass to court and if found guilty lock him up
oh wait, police have special privileges and a license to kill.

maybe if the police hadn't murdered that kid, and you can be sure this sort of thing is not a novel event without precedent in the locale folks wouldn't have anything to be angry about.

something to consider

Ah, so you already have him tried, convicted and executed? Let me guess, Zimmerman was white and guilty, too?

I've been following a local talker here in KC who has been doing all he can to relay only what he can find out for sure on this event. And this is what I know:

1.) The incident took place over a 35' area.
2.) There are multiple bullet casings all from one gun, the cop's gun.
3.) Michael Brown was unarmed and shot more than twice.
4.) There were three eyewitness accounts (including the cop's) and none of them match, ranging from the cop shooting Michael in cold blood more or less to Michael shoving the cop back into his car and trying to take his gun.

Based on that bare assortment of knowns, I do not see how anyone can possibly determine who was at fault here. There is too much we simply don't know about how it actually went down. It could be the cop's fault; it could be Michael's fault. It could be a mixture of the two. But until we know more about the details, the actual knowns don't tell us a whole lot.
edit on 12-8-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

That way will also work, but there are always more than one way of doing a revolution

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

a reply to: yourmaker

That way will also work, but there are always more than one way of doing a revolution

Only a revolution of the mind can succeed.
The other means of revolution are idealized in history but proven ineffective and unnecessarily messy.

Also they merely set the stage for more brutal ideologies in their wake.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Gosh...I don't consider vandalism and mass looting, as taking back America.

Just taking stuff you didn't work for, nor pay for. One great big *gimme fest*. Not a revolution.

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm not particularly worried about a "lack" of aerial footage. If anything goes down, Twitter & Fakebook will explode with turbo-shares.

And if you folks don't think lots of choppers suddenly sharing a tiny airspace with other flying things can be harrowing, come to FL. We have to put up with the news choppers, police choppers, tour choppers, private planes from Cessnas to Gulfstreams, and commercial flights out of TIA & the smaller area airports. I live in the vicinity of MacDill AFB, so military flights in this area, too. It's crowded up there. If something major were to go down in the Tampa area, you betcha I'd be applauding airspace restrictions in such a busy area.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nettlas
Total media blackout, no fly zone and cops geared up like they are going into bin laden's compound. Might not be such a good idea to drive on down there for the revolution...

edit on 12-8-2014 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

My city is almost always in the top 5 of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. to live in.

I have the scars to prove it

It never ceases to amaze me that you never hear the black community sound off about the hundreds of black children murdered by black hands,but the second one is killed (whether in the act of committing a crime or not) by a cop or white-they lose their minds.

When are Al and Jesse going to tell them to stop killing each other?

NEVER-because they would lose their "victim status".

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

did you fail to note the "if found guilty"?

i'm a tad dyslexic so it's happened to me

second - not attacking you just making a comment

third - given that list of incriminating facts...

and lastly, if they've done nothing wrong why all the secrecy, even before people started acting up?

i mean really it's not the first time this has happened in this country [u.s. or anywhere]

ps Zimmerman was just as guilty as OJ

most of the training of legal casuistrists is in fooling/manipulating juries and creating reasonable doubt out of nothing

chill and regards

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18274834]FalcoFan[/post
OOPS- meant "the number of black children murdered by black hands *in my city alone*...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
A 30.06, will easily take out the pilot of a low flying chopper.
No problem.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join