It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: FAA Issues Flight Warning Over FERGUSON, MO – Effective Immediately

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland
I wasn't saying that they should or should not, I was just stating that he had made that decision (supposedly) and that because of that, they were expecting more trouble, which could be why the FAA issued this.

So calm down.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yea the Race Merchants are on their way as we speak.......if not for these types of incidents these folks like the Rev Al and the others would be without a job and income. It's a sad day in America...yet again. Racism is alive and well and has a summer home in Ferguson. This will be Trayvon/zimmerman all over again. We sure have come along way in this eraddication of racism.NOT. a reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

it wasn't aimed at you haha this whole thing just has my blood boiling on the amount of stupid oozing from this story....ggeerrrr....

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The no fly zone is to prevent something like this from happening.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Are hot air or helium balloons included in these flight restrictions, or is it just powered aircraft affected?

A helium balloon with cameras strapped to a gondola underneath will make a pretty good observation platform for news crews to keep an eye on the goings on...just saying.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, I just read that the police chief has decided NOT to release the officers name, and that they possibly expect more trouble tonight?

Can anyone confirm that?

Well, they haven't released it so far, the officer is on A/leave. The police version of events baldy as it is, does sound a bit weird, though without the why's and wherefore's, who's to say?
The witnesses statements are much more direct and say he was shot down.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a no-fly zone?
isn't that usually a prelude to a massacre?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lestranger

It keeps the news helicopters from crowding the airspace and two helicopters colliding, and landing on the people below causing more death and destruction.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lestranger
a no-fly zone?
isn't that usually a prelude to a massacre?

Not here,
What Zaphod is saying makes sense, the whirlybirds en masse are a menace.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The no fly zone is to prevent something like this from happening.

Zaph, I can see this happening in the heat of a police chase like in the vid.But a protest/riot would require much less manuvering by pilots, no?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Close the airspace to 5,000 feet? That is convenient. A news helicopter cannot see much at 5,000 feet altitude.

It sounds like whatever they have planned tonight in response has been deemed unfit for a live viewing audience, so the audience has been unplugged and grounded for the duration.

If the people in St Louis are smart, they will figure this out and stay home tonight. Nothing good can come from it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Perfect height to use drones for catching vids of people looting.

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

It's a three mile no fly zone. Imagine if you had 5 news helicopters, and two or three police helicopters in a three mile area. That's a LOT of helicopters flying in a very small area, and all it takes is a second or two of a pilot looking away for a disaster to happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

laughable, no offense, zaph,
but that's straight out of a handbook and a government one at that
reasonable does not = truthful or real

it cannot be denied that as a result the flow of information is restricted
we've already seen footage of "scary black looters" [remember those violent occupy folks who turned out to be undercover agents/provacateurs?]
and we all know that looters are shot

meanwhile, peaceful protests and other attempts at
demanding accountability are being given short shrift and virtually no airtime.

i stand by my previous post.

@Smurfy not here? you mean in Amerika?
have you been living under a rock or the bottom of the grand canyon

kent state
theres plenty of footage of the police siccing dogs on protestors and children during the civil rights protests of MLK's day.

restrictions on the press during Dorner's Auto da Fe at the hands of the police are a recent example and perhaps a prelude

I mean we all know how much they hate being filmed
edit on 12-8-2014 by Lestranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2014 by Lestranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right. Screw it, let all the helicopters and small planes that want to fly over the area fly there. Safety? Screw it, all that matters is catching the police doing something wrong. Screw the people on the ground when someone screws up trying to get that perfect shot, and there's an accident.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: TDawg61

It's a three mile no fly zone. Imagine if you had 5 news helicopters, and two or three police helicopters in a three mile area. That's a LOT of helicopters flying in a very small area, and all it takes is a second or two of a pilot looking away for a disaster to happen.

Thanks Zaphod. A new article also claims Police Helicopters are being shot at.

Throughout the evening, numerous cop cars sustained damage and Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said someone in a yellow pickup truck fired shots at officers while circling a WalMart parking lot. Chief Jackson said he got into a cop car to give chase to the truck but the truck got away.

Police said shots were also fired at a police helicopter in the area.

www.kmov.com...

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right. Screw it, let all the helicopters and small planes that want to fly over the area fly there. Safety? Screw it, all that matters is catching the police doing something wrong. Screw the people on the ground when someone screws up trying to get that perfect shot, and there's an accident.

Seriously think you are over-reacting about the "safety" issue here. You're right. That's probably the reason, but then again what could possibly go wrong or be any different than a regular day if they didn't already have clear direction that something was definitely going to go-down this evening? I think you might be over-looking exactly what the OP was trying to get out of this. What is happening? And what is planned on happening?

link   

originally posted by: roaland

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, I just read that the police chief has decided NOT to release the officers name, and that they possibly expect more trouble tonight?

Can anyone confirm that?

Why should they release the name? Their rioting over this. overreacting majorly. Because of this stupidity, they probably just ensured this stays as behind closed doors as possible and who can blame them? When's the last time a riot broke out because of an unarmed white kid got shot? This riot is stupid and now trying to find out the real facts in this case are going to be very hard to get ahold of.

There have been death threats, so they have decided not to release the officer's name until they are sure he is safe since this is an ongoing investigation and no one knows exactly what happened.

link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262
I wholeheartedly concur!
We don't want any witnesses now do we?
Good thing private citizens have cameras and drones as well... and guns.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

now you're being childish
PS and I meant the FAA handbook, not claiming you be a shill

yup and screw justice just let gov and it's agents murder and abuse people willy nilly
wouldn't want to rock the boat

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join