It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: FAA Issues Flight Warning Over FERGUSON, MO – Effective Immediately

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I cant seem to post this in Breaking News, if this isn't the right place, mod's please move or close if it's already been posted. I didn't see it.

Not sure what this is about ??? Very strange and for what reason? Anyone have any other info on this?

BREAKING ALERT—–

FAA WARNING –

Airspace restriction over Ferguson, Missouri–
All commercial pilots in the country are getting this notice.
Notice to Airmen: Airspace restriction over Ferguson.

FYI: Ferguson, Missouri is located right next to Lambert International Airport in St. Louis, Missouri.

link

edit on 12-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
lol wut? Overreacting much? Might be them ISIS sleepers lol.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well that takes the "news copters" out of the air. But I bet it don't take the authorities drones out of the sky. I smell fish and I'm not talking about your avatar.
edit on 12-8-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
My questions would be:
Is it being put in place to give police choppers room to do what they have to...
or
Is it being put in place to keep news choppers out of there?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

isnt that the scene of some protests? I think something about a shooting? I havn't had internet or TV lately but I saw something about that I think. Also the no fly zone is only a 3 NM radius (nautical miles?)

Outrage in Ferguson after police shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown

Ah I see you guys are already on to that haha.

Yes get the public eyes out the skies.
until the public at large starts commanding armies of cheap drones on their own.
edit on 12-8-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There was a riot and looting and fires there on Sunday over a fatal killing of a Michael Brown??

redalertpolitics.com...
edit on 12-8-2014 by smurfy because: Link.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Has this ever happened before, for this kind of thing?
Did they do this in CA during the riots?

Seems very odd to me, unless there has been some kind of threat?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It says there is a Law Enforcement Operation and it is restricted to 5,000' AGL. It would have to be pretty major to restrict airspace. I never heard of the restriction airspace for police helicopters which make it a bit more interesting.

Perhaps this and they are trying to keep it localized. This is from the LA Times:
Unrest in Ferguson, Mo., after police kill man: What you need to know

ETA: I wasn't fast enough and obviously this has been posted about already above. You guys are quick. We need to have an ATS News Channel as it seem we often discover things and they are reported here at ATS sometimes 2-3 days ahead of the MSM.

edit on 12/8/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The only reasoning I can come up with for this is that tptb want to make sure that there can be no news choppers filming the area.

link   
If you want to stay updated I advice people to go to twitter and type #FERGUSON

link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Thanks for the edit there about my avatar OYM.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
seems to be a bit much, unless they really do need that much manuevering room for police helos, Or maybe they are jamming the airwaves lol conspiracy much lol

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So, I just read that the police chief has decided NOT to release the officers name, and that they possibly expect more trouble tonight?

Can anyone confirm that?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Just to clarify this:
From the FAA GOV site 4/2599 NOTOM

it states

TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES

But its not the only restriction most are for fire fighting operations though. Its not unusual to allow this.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No problem,that's one of my all time favorite movies. a reply to: MrLimpet

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Maybe people are taking pot shots at Police helicopters...that is the only reason I can think of an emergency no fly zone.

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A safe enviroment for LE officials........are'nt they the ones with the guns & body armor & armored personell carriers, and snipers ETC ETC ETC ?"a reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Makes sense to have other means for fire fighting operations.

I think there may have been some fires started in the area the other night.

Protesters block fire trucks in Ferguson, Mo.

People are blocking police and fire trucks from entering the area. Reportedly answering a call for a heart attack.

link

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, I just read that the police chief has decided NOT to release the officers name, and that they possibly expect more trouble tonight?

Can anyone confirm that?

Why should they release the name? Their rioting over this. overreacting majorly. Because of this stupidity, they probably just ensured this stays as behind closed doors as possible and who can blame them? When's the last time a riot broke out because of an unarmed white kid got shot? This riot is stupid and now trying to find out the real facts in this case are going to be very hard to get ahold of.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I'm not there so let me make that very very clear. Now from what I've been hearing it's not the police, it's not the people, but the problem seem to be opportunists that have come in from outside the community that is causing the trouble. Allowing a safe place for the police to work WITH the people in the community to limit, or hopefully stop this crime wave (no matter what the start of it is) is in everyone best interest.

By the way Al Sharpton is suppose to be there, so the violence might just get worse (sadly enough)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join