It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicides will soar. Here's why!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: ImDaMan
Depression isn't a mental disorder. It's a demonic spirit.

Wrong. Oh sure, sometimes there is a spiritual oppression or metaphysical activity, but for the most part science has been able to map physiological changes that effect the brain. It is a mental disorder. Read the information that has been provided to you in this thread.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

You all are giving RW a free pass because he was "sick".

Yes, he was sick. No need for the quotes around the word. And yes, he gets compassion and understanding and empathy because he didn't ask to be sick, it just happened. 20% of humans will have a mental health disorder at some point in their life. It's not their fault. They don't deserve derision any more than a person suffering from stomach cancer does. There is a one in five change that, at some point in YOUR life, you will have a mental health disorder. Pray that it isn't depression. It's hell on Earth.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotBob
Robin Williams chose the cowardly, weak and selfish way out.

In his mind he was doing just the opposite. Jeeeze .. what part of 'a person with Depression doesn't have a normally functioning brain' don't you people get?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

People that close to the edge aren't going to say, "well Robin Williams did it so this must be the answer". People get that close to the edge because they are mortally traumatized or the chemicals in their brain are far too imbalanced etc... I doubt anyone that close to the edge is even aware Robin Williams committed suicide. I've never been suicidal but there was a time in my life when I was in a serious, long lasting, deep depression... I never reached that point but I may have been close because though I wasn't making plans I did often think that I might as well die because I wasn't living. I had very little awareness of the world around me.

On the other hand his death may help others, it makes people aware that money and fame don't equal happiness, it may make some people who have a person in their lives who seems down all the time aware that it is a serious warning sign. In fact I've already seen this to be true... any story online about Robins Williams death, where comments are allowed, turn into conversations about depression because people ask why does a rich, famous man kill himself...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Wow, that's a pretty arrogant perspective.

What has god have to do with it, many people aren't even convinced it's a real entity and many who are believe in lots of different gods.

But let's just go with the christian god. Doesn't the bible promise the god would never give a person more than they can bear? That's an obvious lie because if it was true people wouldn't be killing themselves in the first place.

You have absolutely zero right to judge his actions. Maybe you should've walked a mile in his shoes first.

As far as I can tell, there is no such scripture that states that God will never put a person through more trials than they can bear. Its totally made up like most of the crap I see here about the Bible. While there may be some verses that describe the same sentiment, it concerns those that are of the faith, those that believe in him. If Robin Williams was not of the faith, then God really isn`t going to be too concerned about whatever trials he was going through. In Gods eyes, an unbeliever isn`t any better than a witch and the rest of the filth that will be thrown in the lake fire in the end times, so Robin Williams will be judged accordingly.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINCAll i've read, so far, is everyone making up excuses. It's kinda like talking about abortion. Some think it's murder, some don't. Depends on your level of consciousness, i guess.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here's the thing i don't get. If Robin was hearing voices (which he was), telling him to kill himself (which they did), how can he be considered depressed (which they say he was)? Sounds to me, like he was being tormented. But, the majority of you don't believe in the spirit world. None of you hear voices, in your head, either. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Dude was battling demons, not depression. The demons won!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC

Wow, that's a pretty arrogant perspective.

What has god have to do with it, many people aren't even convinced it's a real entity and many who are believe in lots of different gods.

But let's just go with the christian god. Doesn't the bible promise the god would never give a person more than they can bear? That's an obvious lie because if it was true people wouldn't be killing themselves in the first place.

You have absolutely zero right to judge his actions. Maybe you should've walked a mile in his shoes first.

As far as I can tell, there is no such scripture that states that God will never put a person through more trials than they can bear. Its totally made up like most of the crap I see here about the Bible. While there may be some verses that describe the same sentiment, it concerns those that are of the faith, those that believe in him. If Robin Williams was not of the faith, then God really isn`t going to be too concerned about whatever trials he was going through. In Gods eyes, an unbeliever isn`t any better than a witch and the rest of the filth that will be thrown in the lake fire in the end times, so Robin Williams will be judged accordingly.
I can see you never even opened your BIBLE. If you had, you would understand that God judges our work on earth, and those works are what's judged. What did Robin Williams do to make society better? His comedy was overshadowed by his latest act, so let's not discuss that. It was all for not!

And Hell, according to scriptures, is a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth. In other words, Hell IS A SAD PLACE. I'm guessing, RW is feeling even sadder, considering his pain will NEVER END!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Here's the thing i don't get. If Robin was hearing voices (which he was), telling him to kill himself (which they did), how can he be considered depressed (which they say he was)? Sounds to me, like he was being tormented. But, the majority of you don't believe in the spirit world. None of you hear voices, in your head, either. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Dude was battling demons, not depression. The demons won!!!

If he was being tormented by demons, then he brought that onto himself. Demons don`t just manifest themselves at will in a persons life, they have to be invited in. It was something that Robin was doing that got him into the kind of trouble he would not have been able to recover from no matter how many anti depression drugs he took. In fact, the drugs would only make it worse, because drugs help open you up to the spirit realm in the first place. This is why drugs are always used in occult rituals. Given that this is a Hollywood showman we`re talking about, the devils propaganda tool, its quite obvious what kind of activity he was involved in assuming his death related.
edit on 13-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC

As far as I can tell, there is no such scripture that states that God will never put a person through more trials than they can bear. Its totally made up like most of the crap I see here about the Bible.

Took me a little while to find the verse I was looking for.

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 There hath no temptation taken hold of you but such as is common to man. But God is faithful; He will not suffer you to be tempted beyond that which ye are able to bear, but with the temptation will also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

I'd suggest that the desire to escape the misery of one's existence is a perfect example of temptation.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I can see you never even opened your BIBLE. If you had, you would understand that God judges our work on earth, and those works are what's judged. What did Robin Williams do to make society better? His comedy was overshadowed by his latest act, so let's not discuss that. It was all for not!

And Hell, according to scriptures, is a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth. In other words, Hell IS A SAD PLACE. I'm guessing, RW is feeling even sadder, considering his pain will NEVER END!

Typical Christian nonsense! Just like a cheap cologne, I smell a Christian fundie opportunist using the death of a beloved national treasure, who gifted humanity with glimpses of "humanity", to promote fear, hell fire and damnation and thwart freedom of expression and ownership of one's own self.

So, you have determined that Robin Williams was a non-believing, demon tormented sinner that was bound to hell at any rate. So what difference does it make (to you) that he chose to end HIS own life, hell is hell, right?

You say that all the good work that Robin Williams did during his life is overshadowed by the method in which he died, yet, Jesus committed suicide, and he is worshiped and praised for it!

Fortunately, I don't believe in "your" God, and I'm fairly sure that RW didn't believe in "your" God either. Like me, I'm pretty sure the RW believed in a loving God that welcomes all of his children home, and gives us as many chances as we need to "get it right".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I still think you're turning this into something it's not.

Being depressed, 'demons' have never spoken to me. Maybe it's because I don't believe in them, who knows.

I do know that Robin was an empath. He felt more than most of us do in any single day. When you add that to the metaphorically demons he was openly battling (alcoholism, addiction, and depression), it can make anything a million times worse.

Yesterday, I watched a tribute thing on CNN. Apparently suicide hotlines were ringing off the hook because people wanted to help themselves, and others.

I agree with you that the grass is greener where you water it. If you don't like your life, you have the power to change it. But I can't agree with you calling people cowards, or weak.

When a person feels that much in one day, fights metaphorical demons, have their views warped by their own mind, etc... They are far from weak. They are far from cowardly. They live everyday in the fear of their own mind.

Imagine that.

Fan: "I'm your biggest fan, Mr. Williams.
Him: "Aw. You're too kind. Thank you."
His mind: "They are lying. You're worthless."

People with depression have those conversations with themselves everyday..

The Lord does not judge. We are led to believe that we have free will, but when something tragic happens, we are told that it is all part of Gods plan, by believers. So we really don't have free will, and this was Gods plan. His grand design.

If He would go against his word and judge someone because they felt too much pain, because of his grand plan.. He is not a Lord worthy of my worship. Maybe that's why I don't.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You seem to think good works alone is whats going to bring a man salvation. The works of man are as filthy rags to God, and that`s scripture. You could be the biggest philanthropist in the world and be the biggest devil in disguise. The facade that Mr. Smiley face Robin Williams put on won`t mean a thing to God. I`m sure he had plenty of skeletons in his closet that no amount of good works can excuse.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You seem to think good works alone is whats going to bring a man salvation. The works of man are as filthy rags to God, and that`s scripture. You could be the biggest philanthropist in the world and be the biggest devil in disguise. The facade that Mr. Smiley face Robin Williams put on won`t mean a thing to God. I`m sure he had plenty of skeletons in his closet that no amount of good works can excuse.

Everyone has skeletons in their closet. So if you go by that logic, God isn't saving anyone. But that's not what the bible says.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Doesn't the bible promise the god would never give a person more than they can bear? That's an obvious lie because if it was true people wouldn't be killing themselves in the first place.

100% incorrect...

That is the undisputed king of misused Bible verses.

The only reason people believe it is because 'religion' told them so.

I occasionally like to correct a myth I have heard all my life. How many times has someone said to you, “God will never put more trials on you than you can bear”? I challenge you to show me that in the Bible. The problem I have with this myth is that it keeps so many believers wondering why they can’t handle their problems, falsely believing they should be able to, because someone once told them the lie that God would not put more on them than they could.

God Will Allow More Than You Can Bear (Repost)

My most popular post since I started this blog is a post denouncing the myth that “God will not put more on us than we can allow.” It is found by Google search several times daily, indicating people are looking for the phrase in the Bible. I continue to receive challenges to my claim that this phrase is not in Scripture because they have heard it so long they can’t believe it must be there somewhere. So far, however, no one has found that exact phrase in the Bible. The fact is, as I’ve said before, this world is messed up, broken and impossible to navigate on our own. God will allow more than we can handle ON OUR OWN, because His greatest desire is that we learn to rely on Him completely.

Myth Buster: God Will Put (Allow) More On You Than YOU Can Handle

It’s amazing than in just over a month one blog post has become the most searched post of all time. People have found this blog through search engines using phrases like:

• Verse that says God will not allow too much
• God will not put more on us than we can bear
• Why can I not seem to bear this?
• What am I doing wrong, God said He wouldn’t give me more than I can handle?
• More than we can bear.

…and hundreds of other such phrases.

I think this indicates to and reminds me of a few things true of the times in which we live:

1. People are hurting.
2. People are looking for answers.
3. This myth is wide spread.
4. More than ever we need to rely on Christ and His strength.
5. With Christ all things are possible.

Please know this, God will allow times of struggle greater than YOUR ability to handle it. He allows these times so that you might learn to fully and completely rely on Him. Apart from Him you and I can do nothing. When you and I learn that principle and live accordingly we will be free to experience His power, which is perfected in our weakness. What are you facing today that you cannot handle on your own? Are you willing to give up control and trust completely in Christ?

More Than You Can Bear (My Most Searched Post)

In my mind, the undisputed king of misused Bible verses would be this gem (and its variants): “God will never put more on you than you can handle.” This “verse” is so accepted as true that it’s made it’s way into popular Christian music. Did God really say that? The Bible simply doesn’t say that God will never put more on you than you can handle. This is a misreading of 1 Corinthians 10:13...

God always puts more on us than we can handle. Sometimes the Lord, in his sovereign purpose, crushes us (Hebrews 12:4-12). He breaks us so that he can remake us. Think of how Jeremiah cried out in Lamentations because God has left his nation, city, and people utterly desolate and decimated. Think of all the psalms in which the psalmists cry out to God for bruising them. Think of our Lord Jesus in whom “it was the LORD’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer” (Isaiah 53:10). Therefore, it would be untrue to state that God won’t place more on us than we can bear. He has, he does, and he will. But, he has provided One to bear the burden for us: Jesus.

Misused Bible Verses, Part One: “God Will Never Put More On You Than You Can Handle.”

The truth is, God never said He wouldn’t give you more than you can handle. There will be times in life when you will feel like you are drowning and there is no one to help you.

The words that are meant for encouragement can often serve to only create discouragement. Worse yet, this phrase can tempt us to ignore our suffering and pretend it’s not there. It can lead us to believe the lie that we can do it ourselves; that we can handle it. Which raises the question, “If we can handle anything that comes our way, then why do we need God at all?” We need to realize that sometimes we can’t make it on our own. So, where did the phrase about God not giving us too much come from? To answer that question, we need to go back 2,000 years to a small church in the city of Corinth. The Apostle Paul wrote them a few letters, and in his first letter, he reminded them that all people are tempted and often choose to do the wrong thing. Paul’s warning is tied to the reality of temptation and sin that meets us everyday.

Let’s be clear: Paul was talking about temptation, not suffering. When we become aware that life will give us more than we can handle, we find a promise: God is faithful to meet us in the mess and in the pain.

Yes, God Will Give You More Than You Can Handle

Below is a quote from a film (The Perfect Stranger):

Jesus: What did it take for the son to return to the father, who loved him?

Nikki: For life to get really bad, in the pig pen. So what?!

Jesus: Sometimes... it takes a deep hurt to feel a deep need for God.

Nikki: That's God's plan?!

Jesus: That's what God is willing to use in a broken world. Your dad's pain drove him to me.

Jesus: And without that wound in your heart, Nikki... you wouldn't be sitting here talking with me either.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Well, not to get into a biblical debate over what the word "is" is (because I don't really care) I will stand by my statement that 1 Corinthians 10:13 is directly applicable to Robin Williams tragic death and should be taken at face value.

As far as your links and quotes being the definitive answer against my position I simply say that there are many biblical scholars around today who still insist the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

The christian biblical delusions and borderline schizophrenic interpretations are the reason I gave up on that world view a long time ago. Still I wish you the best. Peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

Everyone has skeletons in their closet. So if you go by that logic, God isn't saving anyone. But that's not what the bible says.

Yes, this is why the Bible states that to be saved you first have to confess that Jesus is God who came in the flesh to bring salvation who created the heavens and the earth. Admit that you are a scum bag in Gods eyes, that you have sinned and was born in it. Admit that no amount of "good works", or smiley faced stand up comedy can please God and you will be saved.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I heard a Roman Catholic priest put things into perspective on this sort of subject.

Yes, that's right... a Roman Catholic priest.

He asked if you had a son or daughter that did something wrong.... 'would you still love them?'.

Then he asked if you think that God wouldn't still love them also.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I heard a Roman Catholic priest put things into perspective on this sort of subject.

Yes, that's right... a Roman Catholic priest.

He asked if you had a son or daughter that did something wrong.... 'would you still love them?'.

Then he asked if you think that God wouldn't still love them also.

Gods love is not unconditional. His ways and thoughts are not the same as the corrupt ways and thoughts of man. You commit a crime, expect consequences.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Well, not to get into a biblical debate over what the word "is" is (because I don't really care) I will stand by my statement that 1 Corinthians 10:13 is directly applicable to Robin Williams tragic death and should be taken at face value.

Is it not possible that what you believe may in fact be the REAL 'delusion'?

The only reason that so many believe the lies is because we are inundated by them from birth til death.

Take your post for example...

Many come to places like ATS and see posts such as this and believe them to be the truth:

Doesn't the bible promise the god would never give a person more than they can bear? That's an obvious lie because if it was true people wouldn't be killing themselves in the first place.

Is it not possible that YOU yourself have read posts just like it and fallen prey to lies?

Just something to chew on...

Oh and about your salutation, it seriously rocks:

Still I wish you the best. Peace.

ATS needs more of that kind of thing, so that really got my attention.

Reminds me of other posters like TheGut and Charles1952.

I like it a lot...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join