It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicides will soar. Here's why!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

So, tell me...since i'm not thinking......how can you kill yourself and go to Heaven, when God said: Thou shall not kill???
a reply to: ImDaMan

How can someone claim to be a Christian, and then judge another?

Depression is not only a mental, but a physical illness. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is saddening.
EXCUSE ME...but WHERE did i ever "claim to be a Christian". If you're gonna smash me, at least be accurate. Just because someone quotes scripture, doesn't mean that they're a Christian. Save the labels. I'm far from being a Christian. Besides that, the BIBLE is a book of philosophy. No wonder why the world is in the shape it's in. You don't even know who's who, or what's what. So, in reality...you judging me a "Christian" makes you the judge.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImDaMan

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
Your post angers me beyond words.
You do not know what goes through anyones head beyond your own. You are what is wrong with the people, you. And people like you. How dare you, with no knowledge of a situation, call someone a coward.

The media isn't glorifying his suicide. It's saying how much he will be missed. His acting has touched all of his fans differently. In my mind... He will always be Genie. And I will always remember him as that. Not only has his acting touched all of his fans... But his personality touched many lives, as well. All of his celebrity friends are just as heartbroken as his fans.

Today, it feels like the world isn't moving. I can't imagine how it must be for his family and friends. The media isn't glorifying his death.. They are remembering him as the kind, brilliant, hilarious human being that he was.

I hope you seriously think before you post something like this again. Don't judge what you don't know.

You're free, Genie. We never had a friend like you. Rip.
I thought about it, before i started this thread. I'm angered that YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. You condone the act without knowing what lies ahead. I bet you if people had a little more fear of hell, they wouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger.

Besides that, there are MUCH BIGGER ISSUES mankind is facing. The man killed himself. Not much to celebrate or even acknowledge. He played his final role, and that role was to depress others. The objective is to make all of us "mentally ill".

Have fun with that. Let me know how you're doing, when they lock you up because of your illness. The "mentally ill" are a "threat" to tptb. Haven't you gotten that, yet? It's just another nail in the coffin!!!

Dude... You're point doesn't even make any sense.
You probably shouldn't open your mouth unless you actually know what you're saying.
Someone who suffers with depression, they don't care what lies ahead. They just want the pain to end.
They want the never ending thoughts, sleepless nights, and etc to end. He didn't care what people would think, because depression warps your mind to change your perspective on how others view you. He probably thought that people could view him as no worse of a person... Even though, everyone really did love him.
His 'last role' did not depress people. There is a difference between being sad and being depressed. I suffer from depression, and it comes and goes. Did I fall into a pit of depression because one of my heroes died? No. I am sad. I am sad that he felt like he was in so much pain around the people around him that he needed to leave this world behind. I am sad that he felt like this world had nothing left for him. I am sad for his wife. And I am sad for his daughter. But am I depressed? No. I know he is in a better place. In a religious instance... Jesus doesn't judge.
In my thoughts? His soul is living on somewhere.
Yeah, i probably shouldn't open my mouth....but i am. Just to get rid of stupid notions that life is better somewhere else. That ending this miserable means the pain goes away. PROVE IT! Then, i'll be more than happy to keep my mouth shut. Until you prove that the after life is better, if you kill yourself, i'll continue to share some truth.

Well you don't know if life after death is bad, either. We don't know. All you know it's what is in a damn religious book, that's been translated how many times now? No one is saying life is better anywhere. No one said that it ends the pain, but no one said it didn't, either.

Even if it didn't take the pain away, it doesn't matter what you're opinion is on it. Your opinion doesn't matter on it, because it wasn't your choice. Stop being arrogant and judgemental. You wouldn't want people to talk about you that way if you killed yourself.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I see threads all the time that have members belittling people that believe in god, a god... any god.

If there is no god, then what is the problem with suicide?
Oh, the people you leave behind! Sorry people, they will die also.

If there is no god, then the suicide has taken the quick and easy way out. Why not?
If you are having a crappy life and are sick of it, why not end it?

All i'm saying is this: If a person decides to take his/her own life....HOW DO THEY KNOW DEATH IS BETTER? How do they KNOW they won't suffer after-wards? How do they KNOW the pain will be over???? Let's forget God, and look at the UNKNOWN.....HOW DO THEY KNOW the "other side" is better?

WHAT IF IT'S WORSE? Then, what????????

Many of them probably only want to get away from this place. But you are right it can be a problem handling knowing that you will be better of on the other side of the veil. Some monks have killed themselves since they are feed up with this side and knew perfectly well what meets them on the other side. It is interesting that western people judge people who commit suicide so hard even when Jesus had a chance to escape his death. In a way his death by Romans are a perfect example on a person who have surpassed the lessons on earth and leave willingly without real fear.

If there is more need for evolving or fixing karma then the soul is just sent back anyway, so soul cannot really escape fixing the problems if there is something to fix. But for the tourists souls who are only here to experience being human there is no karma trapping them.

Instead of blaming people for wanting to leave you might wanna work towards an society and environment where people feel happy and want to live and contribute to society.
edit on 12-8-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

You know what is cowardly. Judging other people from behind a keyboard. Assuming everyone believe as you do. Making big assumptions based solely on the religion you have faith in. Not knowing how clinical chronic depression works before preaching from the soap box. Then when you realize everyone is against what your saying, change tactics and cry that you are only celebrating life and we just do not understand you.
Cut it out with the "judging" people crap. You don't even know what you're talking about. You're making excuses for suicide, when you say: they were depressed.

Reality check....LIFE IS DEPRESSING. Get over it. I'm supposed to feel sorry for you because you're sad? Please. Life is no bed of roses. Not for the weak!!! Killing yourself is for WEAK MINDED PEOPLE! Plain, simple, straight to the point.

You sound more like a person who wants other people to suffer since you are suffering. Misery loves company I guess. I think you need to spiritually grow up. Even if you are in misery should you not hope for everyone else not to have to go thru what you have gone thru so that they are happy instead.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I dunno. I think it's awful presumptuous of any human being to claim to know what happens after death. The fact is that no one living actually knows really when it comes right down to it. Maybe not finding some comfort in a next life or someplace better might be a greater motivation to live when you're thinking that this is your one life so you better not screw it up.

What if it's THE end? Nothing else. You blink out of existence. You do not collect $200 and pass go. Maybe then people will value their lives better and make their world better because, golly, this is it. I always tell my children that if they want immortality, do good things in life so that people remember them and that's the closest any human being can get to becoming immortal in a good and meaningful way.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sadness Versus Depression..

Sadness is something we all experience; it’s a normal, human emotion.

Just as cell growth is normal in a person, we call out of control cell growth an illness—we call it cancer. Depression is exactly the same. Depression is when a normal, human emotion gets out of control to the point where it is no longer normal. Considering someone with an illness merely to be “sad” is an insult to that person and minimizes an illness that takes thousands of lives every year.

www.healthline.com...

Sadness is almost always a temporary emotion. Depression is almost always a permanent emotion.

Unless you wake up in the morning and wonder why God hasn't taken you while you slept and you have to face another dreadful day ahead of you, you will not understand depression.

Unless you pray and ask for a better life but it still sucks, day after day, year after year, you will not understand depression.

Unless you hate everything and everyone around you because your heart is still beating and you find it isn't fair, you will not understand depression.

Unless you pretend to smile and pretend to laugh and pretend to have a good time with others while you're crying your soul out inside, you will not understand depression.

Unless you feel alone in the crowd, the misfit amongst others, the black sheep of life, you will not understand depression.

Unless you know that you are loved and you do love but the pain is so overwhelming that love just doesn't cut it anymore, you will not understand depression.

Unless you are controlled through medication or unless you've tried to end your life and failed and survived, unless you envision Hell being on Earth and not in a mythical afterlife, you will not understand depression.

And unless you've walked in someone's shoes, one of those someones who's done the irreparable, or thinks about it from morning to night...well, you get my drift...

I recommend reading that link up there.

A survivor.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

On second though, going to rephrase for better clarity--Well put. Perfect. Couldn't have highlighted the difference better myself.

And an additional ps. very glad you survived.

edit on 12/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added a bit more for clarity instead it sounding like i was ordering a steak and the ps.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

I believe that is the best post I have ever seen that deals with this disease. Having been there at one time in my life I would have to agree with it. I can do little but give you a star and say thanks for the words that some people are unable to come to terms with.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I see no logic in the OP's conclusion that because a celebrity committed suicide that it will open the flood gates.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

You know what is cowardly. Judging other people from behind a keyboard. Assuming everyone believe as you do. Making big assumptions based solely on the religion you have faith in. Not knowing how clinical chronic depression works before preaching from the soap box. Then when you realize everyone is against what your saying, change tactics and cry that you are only celebrating life and we just do not understand you.
Cut it out with the "judging" people crap. You don't even know what you're talking about. You're making excuses for suicide, when you say: they were depressed.

Reality check....LIFE IS DEPRESSING. Get over it. I'm supposed to feel sorry for you because you're sad? Please. Life is no bed of roses. Not for the weak!!! Killing yourself is for WEAK MINDED PEOPLE! Plain, simple, straight to the point.

You sound more like a person who wants other people to suffer since you are suffering. Misery loves company I guess. I think you need to spiritually grow up. Even if you are in misery should you not hope for everyone else not to have to go thru what you have gone thru so that they are happy instead.

God? Is that you??? What makes you think i'm "suffering", since you know me so well???? I love how people like you play, high and mighty. You can come down from your soapbox, now. You know nothing about me. Keep it that way!

As a matter of fact, keep feeding the sheeple the propaganda about "depression"; as if you know what you're talking about. Depression isn't a mental disorder. It's a demonic spirit. Let's call it what it is and stop sugar coating everything the doctors say. It's not like prescription drugs is helping. So, it can't be a medical issue; as some of you believe.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hades84

It makes me sad reading posts like this. Were you in RW's mind to know how he felt and what made him do this to himself?

Are you aware of the wrong message YOU are sending out there to other people who suffer from depression?

People who decide to end their life, specially depressed people, do so because their mind tells them that they are just not good enough for anyone, not worth anybody's time. Your brain is sick, and sends negative thoughts throughout your body making you feel ill. depressed people decide to end their lives because they feel there is no other way out to relieve whatever pain it is they are living with.

so what i'm saying to you is, STFU.
You are a F$!@ING idiot!! Were you in RWs mind? Do you know why he did this? No you dont and OP isnt claiming to either. He stated an interesting point to begin a discussion and if you dont want to be part of it GTFO, but dont tell anyone to STFU!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow... this thread has gone totally sideways. Depression and suicide is just as sensative subject out there.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I see no logic in the OP's conclusion that because a celebrity committed suicide that it will open the flood gates.
I see plenty of logic. Sorry that you don't. The way i see it. People will look to Robin Williams as an example. When all else fails, just kill yourself.

The delusion in that, is this........what happens if there is an "after-life" and it isn't all rainbows and unicorns??? You have a 50-50 chance that you could spend eternity worse than when you left this temporary life. What if Robin Williams is stuck in a state of depression....FOREVER??? Have you ever thought of that, logically? It's like driving a car without insurance. Yeah. You may not get into an accident. But, YOU COULD. Then what????

Some people are risking eternity, without any type of promise that things will be better. Sure, we could die and that's all, end of story. But WHAT IF there is an "after life"??? You can't skip the earthly process of hell, and think you're gonna walk through the pearly gates of eternity. That wouldn't be a very righteous God, to allow such a thing. We've all suffered, why should one end their life and receive a free-pass; while we keep suffering???? Heck, why don't we all just kill ourselves and let that be that? No biggie, right? According to some of the comments posted, in this thread.

You all are giving RW a free pass because he was "sick". Hmm. My mom should have killed herself, instead of having to go through chemotherapy for 25 years of her life. She lost 2 breasts, her ovaries and had Hodgkins disease. And you're sitting here telling me, a man of his stature, couldn't take the pain???

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I see plenty of logic. Sorry that you don't. The way i see it. People will look to Robin Williams as an example. When all else fails, just kill yourself.

The delusion in that, is this........what happens if there is an "after-life" and it isn't all rainbows and unicorns??? You have a 50-50 chance that you could spend eternity worse than when you left this temporary life. What if Robin Williams is stuck in a state of depression....FOREVER??? Have you ever thought of that, logically? It's like driving a car without insurance. Yeah. You may not get into an accident. But, YOU COULD. Then what????

Some people are risking eternity, without any type of promise that things will be better. Sure, we could die and that's all, end of story. But WHAT IF there is an "after life"??? You can't skip the earthly process of hell, and think you're gonna walk through the pearly gates of eternity. That wouldn't be a very righteous God, to allow such a thing. We've all suffered, why should one end their life and receive a free-pass; while we keep suffering???? Heck, why don't we all just kill ourselves and let that be that? No biggie, right? According to some of the comments posted, in this thread.

You all are giving RW a free pass because he was "sick". Hmm. My mom should have killed herself, instead of having to go through chemotherapy for 25 years of her life. She lost 2 breasts, her ovaries and had Hodgkins disease. And you're sitting here telling me, a man of his stature, couldn't take the pain???

I see you point man. Its not that the media is praising him for his actions but there is a glamorization of it.

Remember the movie Heathers with Christian Slater? Because the cool kids in school were killing themselves, suicides became an overnight epidemic. Same thing your trying to say right? Media plants the seed and it grows...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Seriously? A demonic spirit? You have to be joking. So what you are saying is a person should be happy go lucky when dealing with a life crisis, and if they aren't it is a demonic spirit? WTF!? To be honest your statement sounds a little demonic to me and I don't even believe in spirits.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Robin Williams chose the cowardly, weak and selfish way out. He has caused his family a whole lotta pain and has done a disservice to everyone that has ever looked up at him.

All I have been seeing is tribute posts to Robin Williams all over social media since yesterday.
Instead of celebrating someone who chose to Be a coward we should celebrate people who have persevered and made it through the hard times and are worthy of being role models to our youth.

There are even a few authors in this thread who deserve some praise for being depressed and making it through the hard times. I've been there, it sucks and some people just can't deal and that is their choice but it does not make them some sort of hero.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I would also like to state, for the record, that i'm not exactly sure, with 100% certainty, that Robin Williams committed suicide. I'm just say, IF he did........

I say i don't think he killed himself because of this

Speaking from prepared notes, Marin Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd said that Williams's wife, Susan Schneider, went to bed at 10:30 p.m. on Sunday. Williams later retired in a different bedroom of their home in Tiburon, California, a small town in the San Francisco Bay area.

In the morning, Schneider left the home, thinking Williams was still sleeping. His assistant later came to the house and, concerned about the actor, went into the bedroom and discovered his lifeless body at about 11:45 a.m. Williams died as a result of death by asphyxia, said Boyd. The actor was partially clothed and suspended from a belt that was wedged between a closet door and the door frame. The assistant told officials he was cold to the touch and rigor mortis had begun to set in. The iconic comedian was pronounced dead at 12:02 p.m. Monday. Williams's wrist also had several acute superficial wounds on his left wrist thought to be from a pocket knife that was found nearby.
IDK, first, he dies at 11:45??? Now, get ready to laugh. 11:45 is 11:9 (if you know anything about numerology). Second, he was partially clothed and suspended from a belt that was wedged between a closet door and the door frame. Anyone want to explain how he achieved that? Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist in me, but something seems fishy.

Oh, speaking of fish, wasn't the 11th also the beginning of "shark week" and wasn't he found dead in Tiburon, Ca.? Tiburon meaning shark, of course. I'm sure if i dig deeper, there's more to it, than what the MSM is promoting. Meanwhile, let's depress the public more; so they can get addicted to drugs that make their "disease" worse. I'm thinking, now would be a good time to invest in the anti-depressant companies. No?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Seriously? A demonic spirit? You have to be joking. So what you are saying is a person should be happy go lucky when dealing with a life crisis, and if they aren't it is a demonic spirit? WTF!? To be honest your statement sounds a little demonic to me and I don't even believe in spirits.

I really can see why this world is, the way it is. People don't have any keys to life. Here, have one.

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Still think it's a "medical issue". Sounds like Robin had SPIRITUAL ISSUES!!!! You can't cure something spiritual, with earthly medicines. It doesn't work that way. But, it might, to you!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Really, so why do brain changes show up on MRIs? Why are there hormonal and chemical changes? Why are their changes in gene expression? What about situational depression?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

God? Is that you??? What makes you think i'm "suffering", since you know me so well???? I love how people like you play, high and mighty. You can come down from your soapbox, now. You know nothing about me. Keep it that way!

As a matter of fact, keep feeding the sheeple the propaganda about "depression"; as if you know what you're talking about. Depression isn't a mental disorder. It's a demonic spirit. Let's call it what it is and stop sugar coating everything the doctors say. It's not like prescription drugs is helping. So, it can't be a medical issue; as some of you believe.

No I am not Yahweh. I am but a drop in the ocean. If I could connect to you on an empath level then I would not do it, because I do not think I would be able to handle the you I would meet. I am to uncontrolled to not let both the positive in you and the negative in you affect me to much. In this thread you are causing a lot of negative emotions to appear in me and I think I can do without them. I am out from this thread and will instead use my time meditating on the higher levels of being.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join