It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicides will soar. Here's why!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

Really? Jesus did that? Prove it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

No one has a claim to any one else's life that is higher than their own. Suicide is a tragedy, but it isn't cowardly. Creating a world that is so miserable that people would rather die than live in it is cowardly. Hating others for escaping the hell you've created and must live in is cowardly. Suicide is a choice and some people get to the point where it is the only one they have left to make.

As to the "afterlife," very few people are alive while they are here. What makes you think they'll go on? Robin Williams lived more in a single day than most of the hateful assholes on this planet ever will. The snuffing out of his illumination casts us all into a deeper darkness. You should be grateful to him for what he has given to the world, not hateful towards him for how he chose to exit it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What about Matthew 7: With the judgement you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you amount it will be measured to you.

And James 4: if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: ketsuko

So as a 'believer', if your child had excruciating bone cancer living every day dosed as high as possible on morphine but still in unbearable pain with no hope of recovery would it be selfish for that child to want to end their life? Or is it more selfish for you to insist that they continue to suffer so that you can pet them on the head and say everything will be ok?

Nice bait and switch. Too bad this is a totally different topic. RW wasn't physically suffering. He was suffering SPIRITUALLY. Something you people still can't understand. You think "drugs" is the way to go. PFFT. Yeah, we see how well that works.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

edit on PM000000310000000883335312014-08-12T14:35:56-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau

What about Matthew 7: With the judgement you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you amount it will be measured to you.

And James 4: if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Judgement works 2 ways, preacher. And, since you think i'm being judgement...mind showing me WHERE i was judging him? All i'm saying is: i can't see why people are giving him his proper farewell, when he didn't give the same to us. As far as i'm concerned (and this may be judgmental) but RW was part of the conditioning process. A pawn in the game that played his final role, to distort the public's mind: Depression is a mental disease that should be treated with drugs, to make you more mental. Propaganda.

And, i'm sorry for not sending my condolences. I just can't give props to anyone that gives up. And, i can't see a God who allows people to quit and get rewarded; while others endure the suffering.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: ImDaMan
I lost EVERYTHING. Wife, kids, business, and ALMOST MY MIND. Sure, i thought about ending it....till i slapped myself and said,...

You were in a temporary situation and still had your mind in correct working order. Robin WIlliams had a mental health Depression and had been fighting it for decades. You could change your perspective. People with Depression can not. Your situation and his aren't anything close to each other. To judge everyone else based on your own situation is wrong.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The only guilt and unhappiness I would ever have is knowing that someone who cared about me stayed around in horrible pain just to make me happier.

Jesus did that. Oh, but that's just "fiction". My bad.

So you live your life exactly like Jesus? Wow, you're special, not to mention, perfect.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Really? Jesus did that? Prove it.

Prove He didn't. Proof works both ways. Then again, i don't need proof as a BELIEVER. That's the difference between you and me.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why do religious scumbags always take advantage of tragic situations to push their scumbag religious agenda?
Oh right, because they are scumbags.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The only guilt and unhappiness I would ever have is knowing that someone who cared about me stayed around in horrible pain just to make me happier.

So you live your life exactly like Jesus? Wow, you're special, not to mention, perfect.
How do you think Jesus lived His life???? The last i remember...His commandments were to LOVE. Not really seeing any "love" from RW. He didn't love us because he couldn't love himself. His suicide proves it! So, why you keep supporting him, is beyond me. He didn't give 2 craps about you. Left you with a bad taste in your mouth. Whether you want to admit it or not!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Do as you will. You are still wrong. You can lie to yourself about it, but it doesn't change that fact. Robin Williams' death is a tragedy and you are trying to drag his name through the mud because you don't understand how depression works. How about doing us a favor and track someone down who has it and just talk to them about their problem? It shouldn't be hard, you probably already know someone who has it and they probably just haven't told you about it (probably because of your judgmental attitude, especially when you look down so heavily on one of the outcomes).

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Reality check....LIFE IS DEPRESSING. Get over it.

Reality check .... people suffering from Clinical Depression are not capable of 'getting over it'.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for you because you're sad?

You've already been told ... being Depressed is very different than being 'sad'.
Depression can be so severe that impairment of functioning skills happens.
Mental Health America - Depression

If God sends people to Hell because they have a disease which He created and the disease causes the person to commit suicide, then He's not a God worthy of worship.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/12/2014 by FlyersFan because: forgot mod quotes

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deckard9645

One of the funniest men in comedy, couldn't make himself happy? lmfao That's ironic. I laugh at myself, ALL THE TIME.

YOU AREN'T ROBIN WILLIAMS, YOU DO NOT THINK LIKE ROBIN WILLIAMS, YOU DO NOT ACT LIKE ROBIN WILLIAMS, HE WAS AN INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEING LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE ON THIS PLANET. WHY CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE THINKS LIKE YOU? WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT TO GRASP?

Shouting at someone in all caps is not discussion at all. It is being rude. Please edit your post.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

RW wasn't physically suffering. He was suffering SPIRITUALLY.

Depression is a physical illness. It's a mental illness. It causes the soul to suffer. There are physiological elements to the disease. So yes ... he was suffering physically. You've never had to deal with the physical effects of Depression. It's all a person can do to find enough energy to get out of bed ... sometimes to even breath. There is nothing they can do to find the energy .. no way to 'pull themselves up by the bootstraps'. People with depression suffer physically. Don't think for a moment they do not.

edit on 8/12/2014 by FlyersFan because: forgot mod quote again

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

How do you think Jesus lived His life???? The last i remember...His commandments were to LOVE. Not really seeing any "love" from RW. He didn't love us because he couldn't love himself. His suicide proves it! So, why you keep supporting him, is beyond me. He didn't give 2 craps about you. Left you with a bad taste in your mouth. Whether you want to admit it or not!

Maybe he loved himself enough to end his own pain. Maybe he thought he was worthy of not hurting anymore. Me? I may miss his talent, but I'm thankful he's not in pain anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
For the most part, Suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem, when someone commits suicide they are robbing their friends and loved ones of their presence, the possibility that one or more of them may have been able to help them and the rest of the world of any potential good they may have accomplished in the future.

Robin Williams' suicide is a tragic end to a brilliant career, but WE don't know what was going on inside him.
The expression "Tears of a clown" comes to mind.

"Suffering from Depression is not just 'being sad'. It's a serious medical situation."
True statement, seek spiritual and/or medical help.

"Since you brought religion into it - GOD will judge the actions of people. HE will decide what is fair for that person. HE understands what the persons medical and mental situation is far better than any of us."

True, but...

Most religions condemn it.

Those religions that believe in reincarnation also believe that if you commit suicide you Will be reincarnated into a situation that is similar to the situation you used as an excuse or your reason for committing suicide.

In other words you will have to go through the pain again and again until you get it right.

It has been said that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. What isn't said is that you are not necessarily supposed to handle what you are given alone.

Making this dicision for yourself is wholly different then having it made for you by someone else. (putting down a pet or pulling the plug)

Just my 2 copper pieces.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

People that live with chronic depression DO live with physical pain, every day of their life. You, and so many others (a lot of them believers) seem to think that suffering depression is just "being sad", when it's so much worse than you could possibly know if you have never suffered from it. Take that "oh my girlfriend just left me" depression, multiply it by 10, and live it for decades, day in and day out, and then tell me how weak people that have it are.

You can't even work up the energy to get out of bed some days. You can't sleep, because you don't see the point. You can't get up, because you don't see the point. You won't go out with friends, because you don't want to drag them down, so you end up sitting at home, with nothing but your thoughts, which makes it worse.

You have NO clue what real chronic depression is like, and just how strong people that suffer it for years, or even decades are. They're far stronger than people like you will EVER be.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

How do you think Jesus lived His life???? The last i remember...His commandments were to LOVE. Not really seeing any "love" from RW.

I'm not really seeing any love from posters who refuse to acknowledge the severity of Depression ... from posters who dare to stand in God's shoes and say it wouldn't be fair for Robin Williams to go to Heaven because his disease caused him to commit suicide ... from posters not showing any love towards Robin Williams or others suffering from depression but instead tell them to suck it up. Nope .. not seeing much of that love Jesus commanded us to show.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You said suicide is for the weak-minded. That is a judgement, and a generalisation. Again, if people want to mourn his actions or give him an emotional farewell, let them.

I don't necessarily disagree with you regarding the way people with depression are treated ie. medication. It sometimes seems like medical professionals prioritise profits over the most effective treatments.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join