It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicides will soar. Here's why!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Not to get involved with you two's exchange, but it's not a cowardly act.....It's just a damn selfish one. You may end your torment but at the same time you throw all who loved and care about you into the abyss of WHY?a reply to: Mister_Bit

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Your post angers me beyond words.
You do not know what goes through anyones head beyond your own. You are what is wrong with the people, you. And people like you. How dare you, with no knowledge of a situation, call someone a coward.

The media isn't glorifying his suicide. It's saying how much he will be missed. His acting has touched all of his fans differently. In my mind... He will always be Genie. And I will always remember him as that. Not only has his acting touched all of his fans... But his personality touched many lives, as well. All of his celebrity friends are just as heartbroken as his fans.

Today, it feels like the world isn't moving. I can't imagine how it must be for his family and friends. The media isn't glorifying his death.. They are remembering him as the kind, brilliant, hilarious human being that he was.

I hope you seriously think before you post something like this again. Don't judge what you don't know.

You're free, Genie. We never had a friend like you. Rip.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I hate to say this given the circumstances but he always seemed a bit manic to me. I'm wondering if he was bipolar. a reply to: Bilk22

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What GOD?a reply to: ImDaMan

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImDaMan

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: ImDaMan
I see threads all the time that have members belittling people that believe in god, a god... any god.

If there is no god, then what is the problem with suicide?
Oh, the people you leave behind! Sorry people, they will die also.

If there is no god, then the suicide has taken the quick and easy way out. Why not?
If you are having a crappy life and are sick of it, why not end it?

All i'm saying is this: If a person decides to take his/her own life....HOW DO THEY KNOW DEATH IS BETTER? How do they KNOW they won't suffer after-wards? How do they KNOW the pain will be over???? Let's forget God, and look at the UNKNOWN.....HOW DO THEY KNOW the "other side" is better?

WHAT IF IT'S WORSE? Then, what????????

If it is worse, weren't you going to die anyway? Just delaying the inevitable.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not trying to be anyone's moral compass but I only have to think of the sadness I'd leave behind. Someone who is so very very sad should never want anyone they love to feel what they feel. Of course people who are terribly alone may not have even that tether

A reply to: Klassified

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This subject needs a good discussion, now that it's been cast in the limelight. I am sad that Robin allegedly took his own life, because it not only was a precious one, but also that it was a most difficult and challenging one, and there would not have been that much left of it to see it through to its natural end.

His brain synapses fired so damndably fast that it could not have been easy to have your mind so constantly on output like that. He channeled that frenetic output energy of his into the performing arts where he could unload that burden, and summoned up creativity to do so. Were I in his shoes, that constant energy would keep me from getting a single night's sleep or working through a problem, as I require a lot of calm.

I believe that people are being non-judgmental in his regard. Who among us could say we could have done a better job of handling what he was dealt?

The problem with survivors and close relatives facing this suicide issue is that they are left to pick up the pieces, to arrange the funeral and settle the estate, and even more difficult, to try to come up with some explanation as to why the person ending his or her own life chose this time and place to conduct his last act. Family and friends will invariably wonder just how much they really meant to him. They will question themselves on and on about the quality of that relationship and acquire feelings of guilt or anger maybe, or a deep hurt that he would not call on them. In the end though, only one person stood in his shoes.

Life can be a killer to live through for many of us. We have to find ways to cope and that is not always easy. Some of us who were privileged to have an NDE know that in creating us, each of us, God accompanies this with such an intensity of love and caring. That to decide on our own when it is to end is usurping the divine role. We must not think it is okay to do that, no matter how deep our pain may be. He does allow us the freedom to seek out resources, solutions and distractions, and our free will decides which to follow, and let's hope we do so wisely. Sometimes when we force ourselves to step out of our thoughts and find a distraction, a different door may open.

Do indulge in sincere prayer, talking respectfully with our Creator, not for Him to do our will, but for us to learn what His will is.

When people are too drawn into the "me" zone and contemplate suicide, I would encourage them to talk about it. We may not always have one answer that makes a difference, but many of us are willing to listen and help a person through a rough time.

So let's discuss it some more.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I hate to say this given the circumstances but he always seemed a bit manic to me. I'm wondering if he was bipolar. a reply to: Bilk22

I always kind of wondered if maybe he was in the same situation as Jim Carrey. Jim has openly admitted that he has to be over the top or he gets very, very depressed. We'll never know. But I think that when one of the funniest people ever can't chase his own 'demons' away, it really puts things in perspective, that sometimes, things are not really what they seem.

Just goes to show we shouldn't judge anyone, without knowing the aspects.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

I had wondered that myself.
I heard an interview last night, and the guy said that Williams was 'always on', always performing... even when he wasn't onstage. The interviewer wondered what he was like when no one was around him.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
You do not know what goes through anyones head beyond your own. You are what is wrong with the people, you. And people like you. How dare you, with no knowledge of a situation, call someone a coward.

The media isn't glorifying his suicide. It's saying how much he will be missed. His acting has touched all of his fans differently. In my mind... He will always be Genie. And I will always remember him as that. Not only has his acting touched all of his fans... But his personality touched many lives, as well. All of his celebrity friends are just as heartbroken as his fans.

Today, it feels like the world isn't moving. I can't imagine how it must be for his family and friends. The media isn't glorifying his death.. They are remembering him as the kind, brilliant, hilarious human being that he was.

I hope you seriously think before you post something like this again. Don't judge what you don't know.

I thought about it, before i started this thread. I'm angered that YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. You condone the act without knowing what lies ahead. I bet you if people had a little more fear of hell, they wouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger.

Besides that, there are MUCH BIGGER ISSUES mankind is facing. The man killed himself. Not much to celebrate or even acknowledge. He played his final role, and that role was to depress others. The objective is to make all of us "mentally ill".

Have fun with that. Let me know how you're doing, when they lock you up because of your illness. The "mentally ill" are a "threat" to tptb. Haven't you gotten that, yet? It's just another nail in the coffin!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I hate doing this but I feel like you could learn from other peoples experiences and see how different the world looks when you're in a deep dark depression.

Again I hate to sound like a self indulgent jerk-off who wants everyone to feel sorry for him but that seriously isn't the case.

Imagine being born into poverty with your father beating your mother and having gasoline poured over you at only six months old with your own father threatening to burn you to death. Try to imagine growing up on an awful estate riddled with heroin needles and all kinds of disgusting matter, and seeing your mother get into brutal fights trying to protect you. Seeing all your peers with their nice clothes and toys and games and getting bullied day in day out because you can't afford to live like a respectable citizen of society. The list just goes on.

To me life felt like an eternity of depression and sadness and there was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't turn to my mother for support because she was deeply troubled herself and taking anti depressants and painkillers, How could I burden her with MY problems, how selfish would that be?

I tried to kill myself on numerous occasions, and have been put on suicide watch. I wasn't even allowed to wear a belt or use a knife. But here's the thing the pain I felt inside was 100x worse than the pain of cutting myself or drinking cleaning products. Are you going to call me a coward for behaving like that? Trust me I felt like a coward, when you're stopped from killing yourself you feel worse than you did before.

Not everyone has the luxury of a normal life and the things you take for granted I would have killed for. Just try not to let your faith cloud your judgement of others.

Oh and I'm not religious so I wasn't exactly worried whether god was gonna be mad at me or not.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You obviously don't understand the disease of severe depression. You're blatant ignorance and lack of empathy on the subject of suicide is astounding. Yes, clinical depression is a disease. That's why drugs like Prozac, Zoloft, Xanax are precribed to treat but not necessarily cure it. There's a difference between an episode of sadness that comes with losing a loved one, pet, etc. that time will heal. Clinical depression is an all consuming sadness that can last for decades and lead to dangerous addictions with alcohol or drugs to unsuccessfully try to escape. You call the act of suicide COWARDLY. I beg to differ. Everyone I know is afraid of dying, even by their own hand. While John Q. Public terms it as taking the easy way out, the suicidal person sees it as a last ditch alternative to not have to face another minute of the funk they constantly encounter. Your other assinine assumption is that everyone believes in Christ, God, or the after-life. Most of the suicidal have lost the belief in God (if they ever had any) because they implore God (if there is one) to relieve them of their misery (which "He" never does). Luckily you exhibit such a great Christian attitude. Christ would have more compassion than you for mental illness.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just for the record, i'm not judging RW's life, i'm just saying....there is no guarantee that suicide makes things better. So, people should kill that notion. Maybe, they'll be a little less suicidal? If you KNEW the after-life started at the same place your life ended, i bet you people wouldn't be so quick to end this miserable one.

I don't know for sure, but i would suck for Robin, if his eternal life was filled with sadness and depression. And, in all honesty, that's what i believe is happening. Sure, i could be wrong. But, i could be right. NO ONE KNOWS....so why take the risk????

I wouldn't want to go to Vegas with any one of you. That's for sure. lol

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I thought about it, before i started this thread. I'm angered that YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. You condone the act without knowing what lies ahead. I bet you if people had a little more fear of hell, they wouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger.

Besides that, there are MUCH BIGGER ISSUES mankind is facing. The man killed himself. Not much to celebrate or even acknowledge. He played his final role, and that role was to depress others. The objective is to make all of us "mentally ill".

Have fun with that. Let me know how you're doing, when they lock you up because of your illness. The "mentally ill" are a "threat" to tptb. Haven't you gotten that, yet? It's just another nail in the coffin!!!

Dude... You're point doesn't even make any sense.
You probably shouldn't open your mouth unless you actually know what you're saying.
Someone who suffers with depression, they don't care what lies ahead. They just want the pain to end.
They want the never ending thoughts, sleepless nights, and etc to end. He didn't care what people would think, because depression warps your mind to change your perspective on how others view you. He probably thought that people could view him as no worse of a person... Even though, everyone really did love him.
His 'last role' did not depress people. There is a difference between being sad and being depressed. I suffer from depression, and it comes and goes. Did I fall into a pit of depression because one of my heroes died? No. I am sad. I am sad that he felt like he was in so much pain around the people around him that he needed to leave this world behind. I am sad that he felt like this world had nothing left for him. I am sad for his wife. And I am sad for his daughter. But am I depressed? No. I know he is in a better place. In a religious instance... Jesus doesn't judge.
In my thoughts? His soul is living on somewhere.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

People that commit suicide DON'T CARE what is ahead. They are TIRED. Most of the time they have been fighting just to get out of bed for YEARS. They aren't sad, they don't think what's ahead has to be better, they just know that they are tired and they can't fight anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The man is not even in the coffin yet, and you call him a coward.

I have a family member who has depression, and trust me it's a real illness.
I'm always worried she will just one day end it all.

I have been very sad before but never depressed. I can't even imagine the pain they must be in.

And most medicine people take for this makes them kind of "zoned out", my family member stopped taking the medication, because she hated feeling like a zombie.

Perhaps the doctors, scientists need to study this illness better, and find a cure.

edit on 12/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Dude... You're point doesn't even make any sense.
You probably shouldn't open your mouth unless you actually know what you're saying.
Someone who suffers with depression, they don't care what lies ahead. They just want the pain to end.
They want the never ending thoughts, sleepless nights, and etc to end. He didn't care what people would think, because depression warps your mind to change your perspective on how others view you. He probably thought that people could view him as no worse of a person... Even though, everyone really did love him.
His 'last role' did not depress people. There is a difference between being sad and being depressed. I suffer from depression, and it comes and goes. Did I fall into a pit of depression because one of my heroes died? No. I am sad. I am sad that he felt like he was in so much pain around the people around him that he needed to leave this world behind. I am sad that he felt like this world had nothing left for him. I am sad for his wife. And I am sad for his daughter. But am I depressed? No. I know he is in a better place. In a religious instance... Jesus doesn't judge.
In my thoughts? His soul is living on somewhere.
Yeah, i probably shouldn't open my mouth....but i am. Just to get rid of stupid notions that life is better somewhere else. That ending this miserable means the pain goes away. PROVE IT! Then, i'll be more than happy to keep my mouth shut. Until you prove that the after life is better, if you kill yourself, i'll continue to share some truth.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You're looking at this from YOUR perspective and judging others actions based on what YOU would do. Not everyone's a christian, in fact i'm sure that some people who attempt suicide don't believe in any after life whatsoever and strived for that nothingness so they didn't have to suffer anymore! And tell me about the great mass suicide when Kurt Cobain, possibly the most popular and beloved man of his era shot himself? Oh that's right it didn't happen! I'm not saying that you're opinion is wrong because I strongly believe that everything in the universe is subjective and nobody's right or wrong, all i'm saying is that you lack any sense of empathy whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't think that most people who commit suicide are expecting 'Pearly Gates' on the other side.
I think they just can't take any more suffering and want to shut the lights out forever.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You condone the act without knowing what lies ahead.

People who don't condemn those with mental illness are not 'condoning the act'. They are understanding where the act comes from. It comes from an illness. The person suffering from Depression can't just pull themselves out of it or 'reason' their way out of it. It doesn't work that way.

I bet you if people had a little more fear of hell, they wouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger.

Then you'd bet wrong. People living with Clinical Depression are in a living Hell and their minds are messed up. The threats of an etherial hell by holy rollers wouldn't even scratch the surface of the pain they are already living in.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join