It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicides will soar. Here's why!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You are misusing that quote. People ARE speaking out about what is wrong with this situation, that Robin Williams had a serious mental illness that caused him to commit suicide. So I'm not sure what you are getting at with your quote bomb there, but it certainly isn't your intended message.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

Wow, that's a pretty arrogant perspective.

What has god have to do with it, many people aren't even convinced it's a real entity and many who are believe in lots of different gods.

But let's just go with the christian god. Doesn't the bible promise the god would never give a person more than they can bear? That's an obvious lie because if it was true people wouldn't be killing themselves in the first place.

You have absolutely zero right to judge his actions. Maybe you should've walked a mile in his shoes first.

link   
I am always saddened for those who choose to end their existence here. I truly wish no one ever felt it was the only option left to them. However...

If I choose to commit suicide, it is no ones business but my own! It is my life, and I shall do with it as I please! I don't need any ones perverted, religious, faux moral compass, telling me how to live or die. Those who seat themselves in judgement of those who commit suicide are by far the more "cowardly", and poorer excuse for human beings, than those who committed the act.

edit on 8/12/2014 by Klassified because: redaction

link   

This thread makes me angry.

To each his own I will not express myself further this time. Best of luck with the thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't think it will be half as bad as the time, when the church implemented that rule about committing suicide and going to hell, since they were losing to many followers in those days.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFanYup....i'm sure all they're doing is talking about "mental illness". It's part of the Psy-Ops that people are eating up like dinner. I'm totally surprised no one is getting the propaganda. "Problem, Reaction, Solution".

Oh, and while everyone is on Robin's tip, let me just say this: His act has affected/infected MILLIONS. How many people has he depressed, since his departure???? Sounds like a selfish dude, to me!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I see threads all the time that have members belittling people that believe in god, a god... any god.

If there is no god, then what is the problem with suicide?
Oh, the people you leave behind! Sorry people, they will die also.

If there is no god, then the suicide has taken the quick and easy way out. Why not?
If you are having a crappy life and are sick of it, why not end it?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

This thread makes me angry.

To each his own I will not express myself further this time. Best of luck with the thread.
Why does it make you angry??? People keep talking about it being a "mental illness"...so then, we're ALL mentally ill. Fits great with their plan. Geeesh. This stuff is getting redundant. Oh, but say Whitney or Michael and IMMEDIATELY people will say they were drug addicts. PROPAGANDA. Mission Accomplished.

They are our rulers for a reason.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

A friend we hadn't seen for a while turned up happier than I've ever seen her. She told us she had taken medicine prescribed by a Homeopath.

Homeopathy, folks! Try it. It can fix depression.
edit on 12 8 2014 by Kester because: punctuation

link   
In what timescale are you saying suicides will rise? Are you willing to admit being wrong if the rise doesn't happen?

Robin William's suicide is reflective of a massive problem in Western society, that male mental health is vastly misunderstood and often ignored. Given the high rate of male suicides compared to females, it might be time people considered the situational factors that leads to it rather than always blaming the victim.

link   
I've always knew that suicide wouldn't get you into heaven.

Provided there is even such a thing for you when you go.

And those NDE's, those people are not dead, which is why they recovered, dead people don't recover. The NDE's they had were most likely dreams.
Think about that.

It's likely this is the only life we get, if people were not so religious, they would take their life much more seriously and there would be less suicide if it was just lights out and there was no evil Santa waiting for them with open arms waiting for worship.

Religion, Santa for adults.

link   
I can't help but harken back to that movie What Dreams May Come. Robin Williams and his wife loose both of their children in a car crash and it takes several years for them both to come to grips with it. Then Robin Williams is also killed in a car crash leaving his already fragile wife to deal with it. Shortly after his death his wife commits suicide. The movie which is about the afterlife and takes some ques from Dantes Divine Comedy focuses on how suicides are unable to ask forgiveness for the sin of self murder spend the afterlife in a colorless world of perpetual sadness. Robin Williams learns that his wife is in that place and goes to rescue her. First he must get her to recognize him then he struggles with trying to make her remember happier times but the surroundings absorb a lot of the remembered joy and envelopes it in darkness and pure grief. In the end he is able to finally get through to her and he saves her and brings her to heaven where she is reunited with her children and even the family dog.
I hope that Robin has someone on that side to do the same for him. As a Catholic growing up I was taught that you needed people who loved you to pray your soul out of pergatory. That always seemed unfair to me. What if you have no family or people who love you? Your soul is lost forever?
Robin wherever you are their are people who love you. I wish you could have seen that in life.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
When someone somewhere commits suicide every 30 seconds, how in the hell can there be an explosion of suicides. You seem pretty smart, do the math on how many people world wide take their own lives each & every day. It took me all of 2 minutes to author this reply......4 people some where took their lives in that small time frame. Suicide has been around long before SSRI drugs, long before modern medicine, long before civilazation as we know it now.
3 years ago ,my 13 year old next door neighbor, went into the woods behind his house and hung himself, high enough up that his dad could not get him down, had to leave and get some help. This kid had a 15 minute window of opportunity to commit his act. If he had not have accompliched it then, he would have later on. Suicide isnt glamorous, it's horrendous it not only kills the one committing it, it kills the ones they love as well.....except it's a slow painfull exit for those left behind.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I see threads all the time that have members belittling people that believe in god, a god... any god.

If there is no god, then what is the problem with suicide?
Oh, the people you leave behind! Sorry people, they will die also.

If there is no god, then the suicide has taken the quick and easy way out. Why not?
If you are having a crappy life and are sick of it, why not end it?

All i'm saying is this: If a person decides to take his/her own life....HOW DO THEY KNOW DEATH IS BETTER? How do they KNOW they won't suffer after-wards? How do they KNOW the pain will be over???? Let's forget God, and look at the UNKNOWN.....HOW DO THEY KNOW the "other side" is better?

WHAT IF IT'S WORSE? Then, what????????

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImDaMan
I'm totally surprised no one is getting the propaganda. "Problem, Reaction, Solution". His act has affected/infected MILLIONS. How many people has he depressed, since his departure?

One life touches many....

It's a fundamental truth whether it's for good or evil.

"Man thinks they are each alone in this world. It is not true. You are all connected. One act can one day affect all." "Lady in the Water":

5/10/03 in early morning prayer, Jesus dressed in a white long gown and embraced by a very bright light appeared before me and said the following to me:

"In the world there are innumerable people who commit suicide because they are pessimistic about their lives. Some take their life because of money, business, family problems or debt. They commit suicide because they don't know the spiritual world.

The motive for committing suicide was caused by Satan, the Devil, demons and evil spirits that decoy the human beings with groundless lies in order to drive the spirits of people into the ever-burning fire sea of hell. Satan and evil spirits always tell lies in order to destroy the spirits of people completely in hell. The spirits of the people who committed suicide were deceived by evil spirits, and they disobeyed their mission given by God by killing themselves. Therefore they have to spend eternity in the sulfur burning fiery lake of hell while crying and weeping forever.

Before we were born in the world, all of us were given a special mission by God. However the people who committed suicide ignored the mission given by the Almighty God by killing themselves. Whatever the reasons are, committing suicide is to ignore the mission given by God and disobey the Most High... The Holy Spirit showed me innumerable were crying and weeping in the fire sea like the furnace of steel mills in which all kinds of metals are melting. And He said to me, “These are the spirits of the people who disobeyed their missions given by God by committing suicide because of Satan and evil spirits' deceitful lies.”

jesushp.net...

edit on 12-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit

Just re-read and saw the "COWARDLY" comment... I'm beyond anger, you are everything that is wrong with the world today... You judge, you condemn without thinking.... SHAME ON YOU!!
Where did i judge? Perhaps, some of you "think" too much; on the wrong things. That's why you become suicidal. And, you know what....God is a God of FAITH. Not sure what book you've read or who's been preaching to you. So, if you think God is gonna allow someone who displayed ZERO FAITH in HIM...to skip their way through the pearly gates, ya might want to really study that 'religious book' and get some truth.

So, tell me...since i'm not thinking......how can you kill yourself and go to Heaven, when God said: Thou shall not kill??? God can't even forgive you because you're dead. lol Religion has blinded you.
I will add this last post here firstly to answer your question and secondly because I'm almost shaking with rage and will probably post something I regret...

You judged by calling Robin Williams cowardly and it's there in capitals... Don't try and argue semantics, it was there. I know you will say something along the lines of "I said the act was cowardly not Mr Williams..."

Religion has also blinded you to the suffering of your fellow human beings that you seek praise and adoration from a mythical entity to make yourself feel superior and judge those in pain... So I say again.. SHAME ON YOU!!

I'm sure your magical book also says something along the lines of "Luke 6:37 ESV
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; "

It is NOT your place to decide whether it was cowardly or not.

link   

Robin Williams' suicide just opened the door for people to kill themselves, instead of seeking proper help or support, when depression kicks in. IMHO Robin Williams' suicide is the perfect way to excuse the inexcusable. It says: "Hey, when life gets tough, end it and a better life awaits thee." That's the message i get, with all the tributes and glory Robin is getting; for such a COWARDLY, faithless act. How can a person expect the "after-life" to be better, when they couldn't even make it through this one?

I disagree. We do not know what reasons pushed Mr Williams to the edge. He's the only one that knows. Who says a better life awaits? I didn't hear that in the medias. Will some people decide to commit suicide following Mr Williams' death. Probably, there are always some. I also disagree that suicide is cowardly. that is just a matter of opinion, and a judgmental one at that. I don't think he thought that the after life would be better. I doubt he cared, he just had enough of this one and that's his prerogative.

Does it seem fair, that a person could abruptly end their life because they were sad; and suddenly enter through the pearly gates, with an open armed Jesus waiting for them; while the rest of us, have to live in this unfair, corrupt system? Do you think God would allow someone a free pass for quitting; while those that have endured the struggle, burn in hell??? Well, that's the message tptb are sending. The media isn't condemning the act. They're glorifying it. Making it acceptable. Sending a message to the younger generation that says: QUIT!

Sad and being depressed is two different things entirely. Depression is a mental illness. I'll skip the religious dogmas. The media is feeding on the cash cow that is a tragic event.

Here's a perfect example:
Kayelisa Martin, 20, commits suicide by walking in front of semi-trailer after her baby son mysteriously dies at home

For those that may be having suicidal thoughts, let me leave you with this: THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE AFTER-LIFE WILL RELIEVE THE PAIN, IF YOU TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE! Try to endure it, while you're alive because taking your own life, is a risky gamble. One, not worth taking, IMHHO How do you know your after-life won't be Hell: An ETERNITY OF DEPRESSION and SADNESS? Now, THAT'S SCARY!!!

No one knows that. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, I believe that we have a soul and that life continues somehow after death. Many possibilities. For many, living is scary.

Suicides won't soar because of Mr Williams' death. I doubt it. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFanYup....i'm sure all they're doing is talking about "mental illness". It's part of the Psy-Ops that people are eating up like dinner. I'm totally surprised no one is getting the propaganda. "Problem, Reaction, Solution".

Oh, and while everyone is on Robin's tip, let me just say this: His act has affected/infected MILLIONS. How many people has he depressed, since his departure???? Sounds like a selfish dude, to me!!!
You're sick...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Robin Williams was one of a kind for sure ...very talented ..we'll miss him!
In this prescription drug medicated society we live in ..what else can you expect .. depression is so common these days .. the majority of celebs and ordinary people are hooked on some kind of prescription drug or coc aine or whatever it takes to forget this miserable tension-filled world we live in ..

The shrinks are a joke ..all they do is keep throwing more pills at you without understanding anything ..

Rest in peace Robin Williams .. !

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
When someone somewhere commits suicide every 30 seconds, how in the hell can there be an explosion of suicides. You seem pretty smart, do the math on how many people world wide take their own lives each & every day. It took me all of 2 minutes to author this reply......4 people some where took their lives in that small time frame. Suicide has been around long before SSRI drugs, long before modern medicine, long before civilazation as we know it now.
3 years ago ,my 13 year old next door neighbor, went into the woods behind his house and hung himself, high enough up that his dad could not get him down, had to leave and get some help. This kid had a 15 minute window of opportunity to commit his act. If he had not have accompliched it then, he would have later on. Suicide isnt glamorous, it's horrendous it not only kills the one committing it, it kills the ones they love as well.....except it's a slow painfull exit for those left behind.
True on your points. One of Jesus' disciples hung himself. But here's the thing...God should allow someone to live in complete happiness, when they left millions feeling so miserable? And, y'all talk about a "mean God". Sounds like God is unjust, also.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join