It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vow Of Silence

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson
i have noticed statues of horus and harpocrates usin the same shhh gesture which leads me to believe theres more to the significance of the shhh gesture.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

masonry comes in many flavors.

a 3rd degree master mason is equal to a 33rd mason, the difference is the subgroups that the mason belongs to.

you have york and scottish right major subgroups. they confer additional degrees, secrets, prestige, and lore, but not additional responsibility. a simple master can run the grand lodge just as easily as a 33rd. it comes down to how much time you have and how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson
okay this i already know. im more interested in the shhh gesture if its used in ritual or anything like that for freemasons.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

ah.

remember masonry is founded on mysticism, and mysticism is shrouded in signs and sigils. as symbols there are many layers of meaning.

also, if you go by the mainstream history of masonry, it was founded in the early 1700's when there was a revival of the occult ("hidden wisdom" definition). so they "borrowed", and/or created, signs and meanings to fit their ideas. some may actually go all the way back to egypt, some may have meanings that are lost to the mists of time and were recreated. some may be just pure fantasy.

however, while the history of the symbol is important for context, the true importance is what you take from it. what it means to you.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
okay this i already know. im more interested in the shhh gesture if its used in ritual or anything like that for freemasons.

Ask Ksig, he is a big muckty muck in the York Rite. This is not used in the Scottish Rite or Blue Lodges.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm a Blue Lodge (3rd degree) Mason, York Rite, Scottish Rite. But, I don't recall a fingers to lips "Shhhhh" gesture. Lots of folks make fame and fortune on "revealing" the secrets of Freemasonry. Most if not all of them are full of it. Several reasons for the secrecy. Some have already been mentioned, but, they are also there to "validate" if you will, a Brother's authenticity. For instance; you see my Masonic ring and come over to me flashing your Masonic lapel pin and asking for $20 to buy gas to help a distressed Brother get home after an arduous journey. I ask you a simple question. Are you a Mason? Except, I ask it in the "secret" way. You answer me in what amounts to gibberish. You don't get the $20 bucks. Savvy?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

Can I have $20? I know the secret way and I want to buy Networkdude some brewskis.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You might find this interesting
exposingthematrix.tumblr.com...

Its just a coinscidence right?

Not really a fan of Mark Dice but relevant information provided in video

edit on 12-8-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Can I have $20? I know the secret way and I want to buy Networkdude some brewskis.

Sure!

Hey, waaaait-just-a-min-ute............

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The very fact that many things are known/speculated about the Masons just shows they aren't as powerful as they seem. Power as defined by the human mind is equated to success. Too bad the ones on the waaay top just use money and power to keep the "billionaires" and "rulers" in line. Because they know money is just a tool. A shiny, attractive, glittering tool.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Duh that he can not tell you is the answer to your question lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

because i dont know if i can in good conscience.

so rather than confirm or deny, ill just remain silent. by saying nothing i know im safe.

comes down to the secrets thing.

safe from what exactly?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think you should give him the $20. it's for a REALLY good cause.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
Quick Question....
I was wondering if any member of the freemasons can tell me if freemasons are required to take a vow of silence?

Yes, there is a vow of silence.
Two things can override that vow, the only way to really find out for yourself would be to join though.
But why join if all you have is an idle curiosity?
Most of the things you would like to know of Masonry can be found with a simple google search.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 12-8-2014 by g146541 because: Tea and biscuits!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So is that in scottish rite? york rite? blue lodge?a reply to: g146541

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

its monks that take a vow of silence

free masons at least 33rd degree 1´s swear an oath under penalty of death not to reveal knowledge

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
OR they let the leave everything about it around just so people can say well if they didnt want to be known about they wouldnt be secret. but its much easier to hide truths in with many lies. a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pimptriggs
pawns on a checkerboard floor.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: aightism2
Tomato, tomahtoe.
Potato, potahtoe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>