It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas reportedly executing tunnel diggers to keep locations secret

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

The maximum range of the q2 is what 10km on your thread, this rocket which was posted as a joke was in a field 25km away. On top the herculean task of making up that distance it would have to be fired at an angle that would negate the fact that it landed like this

The issue I am having is that this was used not once but twice when the poster knows that it was a joke, the first time with a sad story of how it almost killed his son. I have seen people get in trouble for less than outright lying. I have said it twice now in this thread, the issue in Gaza is bad enough without someone trying to use false pictures to solicit emotional responses from other posters. I find the fact that a mod has wadded in to defend that incredible.
edit on 13-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

The maximum range of the q2 is what 10km on your thread, this rocket which was posted as a joke was in a field 25km away. On top the herculean task of making up that distance it would have to be fired at an angle that would negate the fact that it landed like this

Are you using real distances or just guessing? Do you know where Cody's children are (I honestly don't know, perhaps he's said somewhere)? It is eight miles from the center of Ashkelon to Beit Lahiya. If I can still convert in my head, that's 12 klicks. Is is so hard to believe that a field or kibbutz where such a rocket might land is 2km outside of downtown Ashkelon?
Are you just hounding Cody?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

Are you using real distances or just guessing? Do you know where Cody's children are (I honestly don't know, perhaps he's said somewhere)? It is eight miles from the center of Ashkelon to Beit Lahiya. If I can still convert in my head, that's 12 klicks. Is is so hard to believe that a field or kibbutz where such a rocket might land is 2km outside of downtown Ashkelon?
Are you just hounding Cody?

The pic was posted online 2 weeks before his story, it was posted from the Yoav regional council, the closest kibbutz in the Yoav regional council is sde Yoav 25km from Gaza border, same picture, not the same rocket different picture, the exact one. It was pointed out to him already it did not coincide with his story that this rocket almost killed his son. He post a transcript of the conversation at his own behest and it was shown to even be a joke, he posted it again here to make a statement, why use false material to do so? Is it ok to use false material on here to make a statement? I have seen a few people get banned for just saying certain things lately. He then went on to talk down to me about "basic physics", his words not mine, that is why I was talking to him the way I was, go back through the thread, then insulted me and then told another poster to ignore me. You jumped in to defend him without even knowing what the story was.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
ENOUGH. Any more personal posts will be removed and the member post banned.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

That's lovely, but it's not true. It's approximately 16km from mid Sde Yoav to the Gaza border. That's a 63% margin of error. Pretty large in context. Outer areas of the kibbutz are somewhat closer. I'm assuming, of course, you researched the closest kibbutz with greater accuracy than the distance between the borders or your aerodynamic lectures. There may be one closer for all I know.

I just read that thread you linked to earlier. It looks to me like he said it landed in the kibbutz fields where his son was. Assuming this is true, couldn't that rocket or one just like it in fact kill members of his family? I don't understand why you're on about this. Especially in this thread?

I jumped in,actually, to defend "basic physics" because of the way you were abusing it. Much the same way you're abusing "basic distances" in this post.
edit on 13-8-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

(post by manna2 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

I just read that thread you linked to earlier. It looks to me like he said it landed in the kibbutz fields where his son was. Assuming this is true, couldn't that rocket or one just like it in fact kill members of his family? I don't understand why you're on about this. Especially in this thread?

If you read it you would see the story of how it landed in the field almost killing his son, that story is false, the actual picture was posted 2 weeks before the day his story took place. His son sent it as a joke another fact you are ignoring. He already knows all this. If you are just going to pick and choose what parts to talk about then the conversation is over, I've had my fill of rationalizing fallacies. Goodnight.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

The propellant burns for around 1 second, powering the rocket upwards, at an angle, so that after the burn ceases the rocket follows a parabolic path under the influence of gravity, to hit the ground a predictable distance from its launch point. ( assuming a roughly standard energy input from the propellant slug and a repeatable launch angle)
It does not fall straight down

It will after air resistance turns the horizontal velocity to zero. Nothing travels perfect parabola except in a vacuum.

This is exactly correct

edit on 13-8-2014 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join