It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Advancement In Solar Technology Being Made Every Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Spheral Solar Power of Ontario Canada is manufacturing a glass less solar cell product at a fraction of the cost of convention glass based solar cell. Output efficiency is just a little better than half of conventional cell but the end user cost is about one third of conventional cells. The beauty of this system is that it can form over contour based materials. It can be made to take the shape of architectural roofing.

Spheral Solar Power is the developer and manufacturer of Spheral Solar� Technology. Spheral Solar� cells use sunlight to generate electricity and can be used in a wide variety of innovative solar power products with applications in the building, transportation, recreational and power generation industries.

A significant breakthrough in solar energy, lightweight Spheral Solar� modules offer higher flexibility and increased durability compared to conventional rigid solar panels.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Spheral Solar Power is producing solar power systems that will, in the very near future, will provide individual home the capacity for producing electrical power. The traditional pitfall of conventional solar power has been the initial investment cost.
With this product, payback should be reduced to less than half. I expect, as the price for oil increases, this time could be reduced even further.
I have to add, the lower efficiency levels will incur longer recovery times. But the fact the solar option can be included and melded in the roof design should be attractive to many

Related News Links:
www.newscientist.com
www.futurepundit.com

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
See it is advances like these that kill the end of the world peak oil scenario. The governments are not stupid enough to allow utter chaos to just reign upon the Earth for a few last minute dollars. It would be in everyones best interest to continue on with life and keep on reaching for them stars. I am definetly interested in investing in a solar powered home. I assume the shares of these solar companies will greatly increase with time as solar powerd buildings become less and less common.

Granted this is not the miracle solution, but it definetly cuts costs and saves in the regions where they output would be the best. We need to begin tapping into the wind more now and possibly merge the systems for highest efficiency?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Very interesting. I'm looking forward to more inventions that come in the future. I'd love nothing more than to get rid of any oil or nuclear dependency.

new topics

join