It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola suspicion at Istanbul airport - looking for confirmation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hi all,

First there's this: "Nigerian passenger causes panic over Ebola suspicion at Istanbul airport" - news.az...

And then there's the confirmation: "Ebola detected in Nigerian tourist at Istanbul airport" - en.trend.az...

Ebola virus has been detected in a foreign tourist at Istanbul's Ataturk Airport, Turkish Hurriyet newspaper has said.
The infected person is a citizen of Nigeria.
Passengers on board the plane that arrived in Istanbul from Nigeria have been placed in quarantine.

Can anyone shed more light into this? I'm suspicious, both links are from Azerbaijan sites. They mention one other source (in the first link I provided), a website with air travel news from what I can understand. It's all turk to me
But a search for "ebola" returns 8 results: www.airporthaber.com... The online translation is s**t. Anyone?
edit on 12-8-2014 by negue because: corrected

Edit: It seems the original article is here: www.hurriyetdailynews.com... It got copied by the .az site. On this site there's no article saying the case is confirmed.
edit on 12-8-2014 by negue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here's another source:

"Ebola Outbreak: Pregnant Nigerian Woman With Suspected Virus Lands in Istanbul"

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here's yet another source. This one states that both the pregnant woman and her toddler are having symptoms. You might want to check out the picture at this link:

www.todayszaman.com...

Neither the patient or those helping her are wearing adequate protection. This thing will keep spreading like crazy.

Here's yet another link with another picture. Her toddler isn't wearing any protective gear at all:

www.alashock.com...
edit on 12-8-2014 by dianajune because: forgot extra link

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: negue

One of the exchange students we have working in the restaurant I manage is from Turkey and says that the Turkish article says they are still waiting for the results of the tests and that the plane has been "disinfected," but he is not sure if he believes them.

I will see if he can find any other local sources and post back with the results, we are both at work right now so it may not be as timely as some would like but its the best I can do.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

ISTANBUL – Border health officials at Istanbul's Atatürk Airport on Tuesday have taken a passenger from flight #626 from Lagos with severe fever under observation for suspected ebola virus.

Examinations have revealed that the passenger does not have ebola virus.

www.dailysabah.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Unless they've determined tha she has something other than Ebola, there is NO WAY they can be sure it's not Ebola afyer so short of a time interval.

Even a preliminary assay takes at least one full day to culture.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Unless they've determined tha she has something other than Ebola, there is NO WAY they can be sure it's not Ebola afyer so short of a time interval.

Even a preliminary assay takes at least one full day to culture.

Ita. There's no way they can rule out Ebola in such a short period of time. I understand that tests can take 1-2 days before confirmation of the diagnosis. Sounds like an attempt to calm the masses.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This could become a pandemic, and is pretty darn scary. We could all learn a thing or two from a cancer patient, While fighting cancer my nephew had to completly loose his immune system making him very vunerable to picking up sickness, he was always washing his hands, wearing a mask, not interacting with other childeren or adults, he couldnt even be around his sister who was still going to school, It was a long road, he is now in remission. But the tools he learned to stay away from sickness are with him, and always will be. If we would only take a second to consider the people around us, wash hands, cover mouth, clean hygiene, etc... this virus would have less of a chance

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The student I mentioned is actually studying for aviation mantenenance and has a flatmate working currently a this airport. He is trying to get in touch with his flatmate for more info bt has yet to hear back.

I will see if I can get him to join here so there will be one less person in the chain for potential misinterpretation.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok what I see is a woman in the first trimester of her pregnancy on a early MORNING flight having a bout of SICKNESS.
report doesn't say child was also vomiting.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: britchik
Ok what I see is a woman in the first trimester of her pregnancy on a early MORNING flight having a bout of SICKNESS.
report doesn't say child was also vomiting.

One of the links I posted said the child was vomiting too:

www.todayszaman.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Another link for confirmation. Suspected not confirmed but imo they should treat it as if it is ebola. Better safe than sorry.

www.turkishweekly.net... ase-at-istanbul-airport.html

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: negue

This doesn't sound too good.

I'm beginning to think that people are transporting this virus on purpose.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was some Fanatics idea.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thank you all for really valuable input & links.

I guess we just have to wait and see. However I feel we won't hear "it's Ebola" even if it is. Too much to lose (I'm thinking tourist season) if they admit she has Ebola.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
He does not have ebola

Examinations have revealed that the passenger does not have ebola virus.
Source

new topics

top topics

join