It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Enter Pyongyang': Time-lapse film gives rare look inside North Korean capital. (acutally amazing)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I will be one of the first to admit that I have developed a hatred for the N. Korean people----based on ignorance.

I fell prey to the onslaught of horrible pics/vids and stories coming from N.K. Who hasn't?

Then I saw this story and video....

Puts a whole new light on our fellow humans who just happened to be trapped under a brutal dictator. Seeing this video made me feel
HOPE for the future of the innocent ones in N.K.

Let us know what you think. The video isn't long but it says a lot. ENJOY!

To most people not named Dennis Rodman, North Korea remains a mystery. But a new time-lapse video produced by a pair of filmmakers for a North Korean tour company gives a rare glimpse inside the enigmatic country.

Source: news.yahoo.com...
edit on 8/12/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/12/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Why would you develop hatred for any people of any country? Rarely does a government speak for the whole of a population. Mostly it just speaks for the self-interests of the people in charge. The people are just the unfortunate few who happened to be born there (or possibly moved there).

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have never once believed that N.K is anything like what we are being told. Sure there is poverty in N.K. But say for instance you wanted to show USA in a bad light for propaganda value, you would just show pictures from Detroit and say "Look how bad it is in USA, the poeple are starving under the cruel dictator Obama". It is easy to portray a country in a bad way.

I think we have been fooled a long time about N.K. "We" (in the west) are treating them like we do because we are being told that we should treat them as we do. But none of us has ever been in N.K to see for ourself.

If like in my example above where correct and none had ever been in USA to see how it really was, how would we know for sure?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I just came here to post it.

Beautiful video.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

That brutal dictator seems to have a happy bunch of people over there doing the same as what a Westerner would be doing daily. Something doesn't add up with the Nth Korea propaganda..

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Don't be fooled. That city is smoke and mirrors. The rest of North Korea is just like the horrid pictures you have seen. They spend money building that fantasy city while their people starve to death outside its gates.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I remember a while back a thread was created showing much the same about Iran.

Thanks op

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
No people , no traffic , no shops , Nice place allright big empty city

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Puts a whole new light on our fellow humans who just happened to be trapped under a brutal dictator.
See now that is the thing .You like many of us hear have had this perspective of NK pounded into our heads over the years by the western media and talking heads to the extent that we assume things that just might not be true .If all we seen in the vid was merely NK propaganda and what we though we seen was a put on by this terrible dictator then you have to give him props for pulling it off .Another thing is that if they were actually a week people the US would have taken them over long ago . a reply to: anon72

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's very comparable to Indianapolis.

Granted...your description still holds very close...lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well that may be our future too if things go as planned. At least it will be clean and neat though bland, grey with everyone wearing the same clothes

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nettlas
I have never once believed that N.K is anything like what we are being told. Sure there is poverty in N.K. But say for instance you wanted to show USA in a bad light for propaganda value, you would just show pictures from Detroit and say "Look how bad it is in USA, the poeple are starving under the cruel dictator Obama". It is easy to portray a country in a bad way.

I think we have been fooled a long time about N.K. "We" (in the west) are treating them like we do because we are being told that we should treat them as we do. But none of us has ever been in N.K to see for ourself.

If like in my example above where correct and none had ever been in USA to see how it really was, how would we know for sure?

How would they know for sure? Well, they could go to the USA and freely wander the country to find out for themselves. You cannot do that with NK. You cannot go there and wander around talking to the people and taking a look for yourself.

Additionally you could talk to people from the USA, ask them what normal life was like there. It's harder to do that with people from NK because they are NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE, THEY ARE KILLED IF CAUGHT ESCAPING THE COUNTRY. The ones that do make it out tell a story that matches.

Have fun living in your fantasy world, while people in NK are NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE.

Oh yeah, must be a great place....

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I counted one smile at the 2:30 ish mark.

Edit: sorry one smile other than our glorious leader.
edit on 12-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CALGARIAN
I just came here to post it.

Beautiful video.

Seriously? You people need to grow up. I know it's fun feeling all rebellious by believing the opposite of whatever the "sheep" believe, but sometimes the sheep are right. Pyongyang is the only place in NK that's half-way decent, you know how you get to live on Pyongyang? You have to be a company man, you have to suck up and toe the line, support whatever the gov and ruling elites do, then you get blessed with a coveted spot in Pyongyang. All those "normal" people going about their day are NOT normal people, they live better than 99% of the country. Look at a satellite shot of NK, a few lights in Pyongyang while the rest of the country is dark. Pyongyang is a reward for loyal minions not an example of the typical NK city.

Nice shot of the hotel too, which isn't open. At least they waited to make the video until they actually installed windows in the thing, it sat there as a shell of a building until the last few years. Would have looked a bit depressing as a skeleton (although more accurate to NK) but I'm sure they would have photoshopped the windows in anyway.

I'm sure the Russians are happy NK is finally finishing the building they paid for.

edit on 12-8-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

Puts a whole new light on our fellow humans who just happened to be trapped under a brutal dictator.

You take this for granted also though like everyone does about Saddam Hussein. You don't know the facts so how can we be deciding who is more brutal in the world. I have read some things about secret killings in our Gov that made my hair stand on end...we have brutal people everywhere who masquerade as gentle caring people.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Well that may be our future too if things go as planned. At least it will be clean and neat though bland, grey with everyone wearing the same clothes

At least that way people are not spending their life feeding the style machine and making some creeps rich, nor losing their self respect because they can't afford the "better" styles!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

At least that way people are not spending their life feeding the style machine and making some creeps rich, nor losing their self respect because they can't afford the "better" styles!

So, in your mind, buying new clothes is loosing your self respect and making creeps rich.

But, being a slave in a factory to make some creep rich isn't loosing your self respect and making creeps rich.

Those people in the vids have their own idea of style, and they are lucky enough to have it because they live in Pyongyang.

No, people in the rest of the country probably aren't worried about clothing style, they are worried about whether they are going to die tonight, or whether their family is going to get killed, or whether their actions might get their family thrown into jail. You know, real problems. I'm sure those having to worry about such things feel very grateful that they don't have to worry about fashion! Wow...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

That's funny because I was just noticing how no 2 people had on the same outfit except for a group of girls walking down the street with similar dresses on.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Don't be fooled. That city is smoke and mirrors. The rest of North Korea is just like the horrid pictures you have seen. They spend money building that fantasy city while their people starve to death outside its gates.

Yes. Everything that comes out of North Korea is 100% propaganda. Don't believe ANYTHING from a state-sponsored source.

But a new time-lapse video produced by a pair of filmmakers for a North Korean tour company gives a rare glimpse inside the enigmatic country.

edit on 8/12/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sorry but pretty pictures of one highly regimented and controlled city does not change anything. I suspect this city is the cream of the crop, the society elite. Look at the overall country, and the gulags, to get a real picture.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join