It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Free Games To Check Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm sure many of you know that there are many free indie games out there that you can download and check out. Some of these I'm showing there you may, or may not of heard or seen.

Some of them are very well done. Some...weelll.....remember it was FREE, heheheh.

One web site that you can go to and search for free indie games is Game Jolt, where they have a large variety of different games you can search for.

Here are a few of the free indie games that I've been doing videos of, I'll provide links to their download pages:

Dungeon Nightmares is a free indie horror survival game that was put out back in April of this year. It can be played on mobile devices too. It was one of my first horror game Let's Plays, and to me has been the SCARIEST game I have ever played!

Alone The Horror Game is another free indie horror survival game. The game is simple, but does have a environment that creeps you out after a while. Some good jump scares in it:

Search Game Jolt for other games (different flavors and types of games).

Here are some other free indie games that you can get from the internet. Most I'm sure you all know of, but for any who may not have. I've linked to where you can get the games above each video:

1916: Der Unbekannte Krieg
This game is wild! You're in the trenches of WW1. Something is in the trenches.....and it's hunting you down! The game unnerved me!

One Late Night has several versions you can download (Winx86 for 32 bit computers, Win for 64bit, and WinDx11). It starts of very, very slow....but that only helps to build the tension. I was about to stop playing it, but things started to pick up....and now......everything is dark and I'm scared to death to move around anymore!

Cry Of Fear has been out for a while, it's a big mod for the first Half-Life game. That means if you use the link I posted, you have to already own the first Half-Life game.
BUT.....
There is a way to play Cry Of Fear without having to own the first Half Life game, and it's FREE (and even legal! How about that?).
If you do not already have an account with Steam, you can use the link I just posted and create an account (it's totally free).
Once you have a steam account, you can go to their store and search "Cry Of Fear" and they have the game completely free to download and play!
Here is the 2nd episode of my let's play for it. The jump scare in this episode almost made me wet my pants!

Got any free indie game suggestions? Post them here! I'd love to check them out!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Stronghold kingdoms is ftp and you can play on mobile, facebook or via a client download if you like strategy builder games. It is a thousand times better than those evony clones and has a much more realistic trading and combat system although its economy could use some work. If any of you get on there, we could start a faction that actually chats with one another. Most of the factions in that game are annoyingly silent, which makes gameplay drag on.

There are guides online about how to hit rank 12 in 10 days, I can get you there in five before your beginner protection wears off if you would like. The way others go about it is illogical, imo, and is not effective as the methodology I have developed.

A few really good indie games that are not ftp that I highly recommend is kerbal space program and craft the world. I almost never hear anything about those two games on random gaming threads, and they are very impressive. KSP is to the point where it is almost like managing your own NASA with mission packs and everything, and Craft the World is basically a city building version of terraria where you passively que up things for up to twenty dwarves to do instead of doing them all piecemeal manually.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hey good stuff there bro, I don't have any free indie games to suggest to you but most of the ones you listed I have played before in the past. I am surprised you don't have that haunted house game too, I don't remember what it is called but its a point and click investigation game inside a haunted house. Not very long but was fun as a passing interest.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I'll have to check out Craft the World.

KSP, I have! Love the game (it's not free though). I've even got videos I've done of it.

These are all put to music (Rolling Stone's "Start Me Up", "Mission Impossible", and some others), just to be funny.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

You know...I'd heard of that game, but forgot about it.

I'll have to check it out! Thanks for reminding me!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

KSP is fantastic , the learning curve is one of the hardest i ever encountered in 15 years of gaming experience.
but well worth it , with the proper mods you can do anything you want.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Yep, I love some of the mods they have for the game.

I use MechJeb, mainly for docking...because I suck at it! hehehe.

But with this latest version of KSP 0.24 First Contract out, MechJeb wasn't working anymore. I'll have to see if they updated that mod.

Love the new contract career mode. You really have to put a lot more thought into it if you play in that mode.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A couple of good free space games I have come across are Free Orion, a bit like open source Starcraft and Transcendence. Both have been fun.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Ever do asparagus staging? I've gotten over enough delta v to get into a tight near solar orbit using the new nasa parts packs. I love that game, but with the new missions and the economic settings, I was getting way too sucked into it. I will probably have to go back and play a bit again at some point.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Oh yes. I've used the asparagus staging quite a bit, especially for heavy loads. You can see it in some of my videos.

Yah, the game is a bit addicting to me. Sort of like having a space/computer version of Legos, especially if you play in Sandbox mode.

That's why I made the first video to the song "Start Me Up", because when I first started playing KSP, I was so sucked in, I'd look up at the clock and think: "What? I've been playing this for HOW long????"

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
A couple of good free space games I have come across are Free Orion, a bit like open source Starcraft and Transcendence. Both have been fun.

Thanks! I'll have to check those out.

I've written them down (so I don't forget).

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I use mechjeb also when i feel the need , very useful when i am playing KSP and making dinner or other things , Mechjeb made me learn a lot about the game mechanics , because you see exactly what it does at wich time.

The new contract mode is really great yes , i really like it because the "funding" makes me really go all out in trying to make the best reusable craft.

I think they have updated Mechjeb already , Curse gaming should have it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Looks like I'll be at home the whole weekend.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Kerbal Engineering is unlocked at the beginning of the tech tree and has the TWR anaylsis of mechjeb without any of its guidance features. I got tired of trying to do the math longhand, so it is the only mod I installed to save me that much effort. I definitely recommend it, especially if you want to change reference bodies to make sure your lander has enough thrust and delta v to escape the moon you are landing on.

Mechjeb is really helpful for Hohmann transfers, other than that, I don't really need it. Have you noticed that KSP even emulates gravity assistance? I've gotten escape velocity from kerbin before with only about 7200 dv using retrograde orbiting and swinging off the mun. Very fun.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Cool thread. I'll be checking these out for sure.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Do you happen to know a combat flightsimulator game? Some 10 years ago I bought DID F22 and enjoyed it very much but I just can not find a more recent built game of that genre.

Thx

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Do you happen to know a combat flightsimulator game? Some 10 years ago I bought DID F22 and enjoyed it very much but I just can not find a more recent built game of that genre.

Thx

Unfortunately no, I have not played in flight simulator games in.....omg.....I think the last one I played was either on a Commadore 64 or an Amiga....So yah...late 1980's, hehehehehe.

You could start a new thread in this forum asking though, I'm sure there will be some on here that can recommend a good one for you!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Tales of Majeyal is one of my favourite indie games. Fantasy RPG. The older versions were set in Pern and Tolkien worlds, but he decided to go his own way later on.

te4.org...

I'll definitely have to take a look at some of these.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

One web site that you can go to and search for free indie games is Game Jolt, where they have a large variety of different games you can search for.

Thanks for that website. Found some really cool stuff on it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Mechwarrior Online is free and involves big stompy mechs blowing the hell out of each other. More of a simulator really. Still pretty fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join