It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix glitch/new universe? Sunday 8/10 between 12-1PM USA Central time ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SCGrits
a reply to: grandmakdw

Can you say DARPA? If I have guessed the correct area then Huntsville - home of DARPA- is well with the vicinity. Cursory quick and dirty search reveals they've been working on terrestrial gamma-ray flashes within lightning storms, possibly with the intent to snag some antimatter (wiki). Possible uh-oh with temporal distortion? Was it by any chance stormy that day, or 24 hr before?

It looked like it was going to rain, but no real storms I recall within the 24 hours before. But we get thunderstorms so much here lately, I could be wrong, but don't think so.

It was just really weird. I don't think it was a microsleep. Mother and I were both looking at the walls and commenting on them before it happened. So two of us noticed the unusual wall covering in the "party" room. I just got back from sewing and asked one of the ladies there about the walls. She said the walls were really strange and put in years ago when they needed to enlarge the restaurant. Since then they have added another room. I haven't had the nerve to ask Mom about the posters.

It seemed more like what people describe when they are suddenly in another parallel universe. Just before it happened I recall that I was trying to wave some friends over to sit with Mother and I and several couples appeared to just not see or hear us. I turned to Mom and said something like, doesn't anyone like us today? She said "Oh I just don't think they heard you". I called out again to one of them and sure enough, I could tell, it wasn't an ignoring, they really didn't hear me at all. It was a short time later, after the posters appeared, when one of the men said to me, "You've been so quiet, we've barely heard a peep out of you."

The slight differences I have noticed since are all really good ones, so I shouldn't complain at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm glad you shared your experience.

Would you feel comfortable giving the name of the restaurant - or the nearest town?

ETA: Nevermind, I see a previous poster recognized the place.
Was it Old Greenbrier?

If that is the place, there is a bit of history on the restaurant on their website:

The Greenbrier Restaurant Building was originally built in 1952 by Jack Webb as a take out only, one room structure. Not only was the building hand built by Jack, but also some of the tables that you will eat on were built by him. It Has been enlarged and remodeled several times by several different owners. The last time was in 1993 by the present owners, the Evans family. Even though the kitchen was completely updated, the original rustic decor was left intact in the dining rooms.

In the early years of Greenbrier, country music stars used to sit on top of the building, and sing to bring in the crowds. The narrow two-lane road in front of the building was the main highway between Decatur & Huntsville and still has the name of "Old Highway 20". It was first replaced by Highway 20 and now I-565.

Before public water lines were made available in the area, the well for the restaurant would often go dry. Water had to be hand carried from the cotton gin across the street. The catfish we now serve are pond raised, grain fed fish that are federally inspected. Back in the good 'ole days the river fish that were served were kept in a barrel out back until they were ordered by the customer. (Thank goodness some things have changed!).

The actual structure has always been owned by the Horton Family of Downtown Greenbrier. After Webb, came the Berzett family, who now own Greenbrier Bar-B-Que, 2 miles south of Greenbrier Restaurant. Our Restaurant now Specializes in catfish, seafood, and B-B-Q'ed items. We also do parties and catering for any event. If We, the Evans Family, can be of any service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

I don't know if that is meaningful in terms of figuring out what you might have seen, but wanted to share it just in case it was useful to you.

edit on 12-8-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I think perception may be controlled more with the brain than the eyes. You see what you expect to see. It's something i've worked out on my own time. I can look at objects and change their colors. It's a taxing effect of the eyes perception but you can do it. That's one thing. I don't think that's what happened, but it could be if you were distracted enough.

I noticed the description said the old rustic decor was left in the dining rooms, and what you described fits that before the posters appeared. If it was a time slip though there are issues proving it. I think memory is linked in a quantum mechanics way to timelines. Some people when a time line has switched will notice the change cause there memory is still linked to the old timeline, but other people will have completely different memories that tell them the change was like that all along.

If you did have a timeline slip the memory of how the place was supposed to look like before the posters were put up will fade quicker than other memories. I also think most time slips are very personal maybe even happening within one person. Everyone else will have "already been" on the other timeline so they will think the posters were already there. Other time line slips seem to be worldwide. those slips are hard to remember, but enough people seem to think the same things that it sticks in the back of your head when Nelson Mandela dies 3 times.

Who knows? There's no way to prove it now haha. My hypothesis says that if you had taken a picture of the tin walls, had a time slip and now there were posters everywhere and then taken a second picture only minutes later... When you check both pictures they would both have posters in them.

EDIT: I was asleep at the time in question, but I did have a strange dream that lasted about a week long. I was in college met a girl, had to buy 3 cases of beer cause I kept running out and my roommates would drink it. I even turned in multiple days of homework. The entire dream was hyper real and I knew I was dreaming so I was flying all over until someone in my dream noticed I was different. I miss that girl. We had a lot in common haha. I woke up around 3 PM ET Sunday.
edit on 12-8-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi Op have you been having any headaches or difficulty focusing etc as this doesn't just sound like a time slip due to your other experiences with you family. I would advise you to get checked out by your doctor as there could be a medical explanation for this. And I mean this in complete seriousness. I have had family members showing similar symptoms and can be the early signs of a variety of diseases. Hope I'm wrong but it's always better to check take care x

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
When I was a kid and had to do chores, I remember one time I couldn't find the vacume hoover for ages looking all over the house then all of a sudden it was in the same place I had past several times a few things happend in that house to me and my older brothers and sister, another time I was in the front room playing my dad was asleep on the couch sofa I turned round to wake him and my toys threw there little accessories at me lol my dad still lives there I found the old toys in a box broke up I must not have liked them after that also my dad has lots of dreams of seeing shadow people around the house. Last one i think it was my sister told me when she lived there one night she was in bed turned lamp out then went to turn it back on again a few minutes later and the bulb was gone, just vanished into thin air strange house lol...

Oh btw sorry no time glitch for me on sunday I dont think, sunday was just me and my girlfriend and went really slow and boring lol.
edit on 12-8-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Two odd things I have experienced...kinda along the same lines as you mentioned...well, sort of. One night, I was reading while hubby, next to me was sound asleep. I looked up from my reading and I saw him in the bathroom on the "throne" yet when I looked back next to me, he was in the bed...saw both of him at once for a few seconds. That was creepy.

When I was a child around maybe 8 or so, I was outside playing, waiting for my pals to join me. I was putting on my roller skates when I looked up and saw a girl skipping by me, wearing a black and white houndstooth print spring coat and white socks and black patent leather shoes. The odd thing is....the girl was ME.

A short time later, my friends came and asked me how I changed my clothes so fast. She had passed by them before she came my way. They had seen her/me too!!! I never forgot that. If one believes in the anti-matter dealy...good thing I didn't try and approach her/me...as the theory goes, that would cause an explosion...relevant to both "MEs"...LOL. True story tho.

This Sunday just felt odd in that every time I looked at the clock...time seemed to be going back and forth...it would be 2:00 pm, then, backwards to 12:00 then later, ahead and then back almost all day long...just everything seemed out of kilter. The time going back and forth like that made the day seem extra long and boring and confusing. I live in NW Louisiana.
edit on 12-8-2014 by shrevegal because: added thought

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

same here,
experienced some anomalies lately since beginning of this year... not in USA, but mine were mostly related to time, iirc
not sure if they were glitches.... or maybe they have been there but most people just did not notice...
could be frightening or disturbing first time or second time they happened...
but after few times.... it felt like nothing... like 'ahhh this again'

just don't take it seriously.
they always remind me of what other posters always like to say: mind tricks or the play of maya.

imho, everyone on this planet is crazy. but the craziest ones are the freest ones.

peace

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
yea i had a weird sunday too.

it started out normal, i woke up, shaved, showered, all the regular stuff you know, then i did a double take in the mirror. i was black.

OP have you considered the fact that you simply did not see the posters upon coming in. perhaps youve heard people say the common phrase "has that always been there"? and then the reply, "uhh yea, where have you been?"

seriously. use logic. we as a race are smarter than this.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: USNVP4038

Called my Mother last night. She remembered me commenting on the walls. I didn't tell her about what happened and then asked about the posters. She said no there weren't posters, well maybe there were, I'm not sure, why.

You are the first unkind poster, the type I really expected to answer. But I have searched myself and asked questions of people who were there and have concluded that perhaps, just perhaps I focused so much on the weird walls (the pictures of the restaurant that were linked to don't really show the walls very well in the room I was in) that I "didn't see" the posters at first. Then later I noticed the posters.

However, my mother's vacillation that they weren't there, well maybe they were leads me to think there may have been a "glitch". I also asked her if I was myself or behaved differently, she said no, I was the same as usual.

I think the parallel universe theory would better explain what happened. I used the word glitch because it is a quick way to describe something weird like this. I know the word glitch really belongs to the "we live in a computer simulation theory", which I think is fascinating, but not valid. The parallel universe theory mentions that occasionally the "bubbles" touch each other causing some crossover. I really don't see it really as a time slip because the era, people, etc remained consistent throughout.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am probably gonna regret this....

But on Monday I was driving to work, and there was a filter lane on a road where there just wasnt one before.
At the time I thought it was pretty weird, cause it had basically just appeared between Friday evening, and Monday morning.

Maybe they put it in at the weekend, but I dont remember seeing any signs regarding road works prior to the Friday.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: maintainright

Thanks for your story. 99% of the respondents on this thread have been quite kind, so I don't think you'll regret it.

Many of us seem to have had similar experiences.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Awesomeness! The link the other poster provided to the Old Greenbriar shows the tin walls and there do not appear to be any unframed, taped up travel posters on the walls. It does look like there are a few framed movie posters or photos, or something along those lines. So, if OP was looking at those tin walls with no unframed travel posters, which matches the pictures of the restaurant on their web site, and then the unframed movie posters appeared, that seems like a pretty nifty and unusual occurrence.

Maybe somebody should call the Old Greenbriar and ask if they have had any unframed travel posters put up for a special event or something like that. The pics on the web site are showing "meeting rooms" so maybe they were getting ready for a themed event, like a prom, and that was part of the decor for the theme. Could have been going around getting set up while the OP was distracted by dinner conversation?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

Nice theory, but I was literally back to back with the next very full table and for someone to have put a poster near my head they would have had to disturb and get 12 people to move or leave their seats.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In that case, as I said, it seems to be a very unusual and interesting situation!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sounds like attentative blindness. Missing something right in front of your eyes being distracted by other things

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

i call it "Dimensional Drift"... Ive seen it called "Quantum Jumping" by some guy selling a course...

This is a red hot topic in my opinion and one that is almost too strange to interest others in for casual discussion.

there are (at least) 2 threads here on ATS that deal with this issue...

One concerns celebrities and if they are still extant or passed...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the other concerns maps and suppossed changes to the placement of land masses in the "new world" we are in now
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe you saw what you saw, i have had experiences that lead me to agree that this is really going on.

but im afraid that regular people are going to be too terrified to accept a "reality" that is less than all the way "solid"

plus your average submissive will eventually distrust their own senses before they challenge reality itself.

i edited to add 2 links, but these may not be the threads i was aiming at, could just be similar, still, its a start

edit on 13-8-2014 by uwascallywabbit because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2014 by uwascallywabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
To be honest, when I read your OP. I was thinking to myself. Why does this OP have so many stars? Why are people not being condescending to you. I have not felt so free on ATS in a LONG time.. (Thanks people, you give me hope again, for ATS.)

Before I made a post here, I read all the replies, and it seems that this has some backing to it. Even with just your words to back it up, what would seem to be a very "out there" experience, to most.
Such an experience that could get one landed in a mental ward for 78 hours in some states. Sadly enough. You where brave to openly post this. So I am going to follow suit, and reply.

There is a reason people are being hushed, or tossed into mental wards who have had such experiences. To scare them from talking about it or sharing it with others. Or even bringing it up online.

I am glad you posted. I learned something this evening. ( Along with great show of respect in members here.)

I have kept most odd things that happen to me to myself. For the very reason of fear of being put "away" for another 78 hours. Or being mocked or told to shut up.. I have no proof other than my own personal memory and experiences. No photos, no videos. Only my words. I am fearful to even bring it up till now.

In your reference to the Glitch in the Matrix.

Neo use to eat at a place that had "good noodles". -- It really came to my mind instantly.

Thanks for sharing.. Honestly I thought at first you where just playing games, or messing around.

But I too, have had an experience in my life. Yet I do not speak of it.. Nor do I try to delude myself with it.
I have since tried my best to just keep going where I am at now. If things shift on me again, I will keep this thread under my ATS. Maybe I will feel more free later to share. Till then.. I will just read and learn.
(I was lead to think it is a severe mental disorder, and could be linked to a tumor growth in my brain. I was treated, and scanned, no tumor, but the feeling remains.)
edit on 14-8-2014 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
Sounds like attentative blindness. Missing something right in front of your eyes being distracted by other things

A good and plausible hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Thanks for sharing. I was really scared at first for fear of being mocked.

But nearly everyone has been kind and interested.

This has been a gentle thread.

I think maybe more people have had experiences like this but like you are reluctant to share them. I didn't know where else to go where people might, just might take me seriously.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join