It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix glitch/new universe? Sunday 8/10 between 12-1PM USA Central time ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I hesitate to write this but it has really been bugging me - a lot!

Sunday I went to a very out in the country, middle of nowhere, restaurant known for it's down-home cooking and good food with a large group of other seniors.

Mom (a super senior) and I arrived a little early and we sat by the wall. I noticed the wall covering which was really unusual (a kind of sparkly tin). I looked all around the room we were in at the wall covering studying it because it was so unusual. The walls ONLY had this tin on them which reminded me of being inside a mirror ball.

Anyway, after the group arrived and we were eating I suddenly noticed cheesy travel posters on all the walls. Lots of really cheesy posters, one right beside my head, and another not 18 inches away.

This startled me as you can imagine. No one could have come in a taped all those awful cheesy travel posters on the walls without really disturbing our group. At noon there were no posters on the walls at all, and by 1PM there were lots of tacky bold posters all over the walls.

I have told no one about this. I did not mention it to anyone in the group for fear of what some of you will probably call me here.

However, it did happen and has bugged me so much I wanted to see if anyone else experienced a glitch on Sunday.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I had a somewhat similar experience with a 3-way highway appearing on a road I travelled thousands of times and only remembered it being a 2-way.

Can you describe the "tacky posters"? Were they old? New but lame? Faded? What outfits were being worn?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

They were brand new looking posters, but the kind you'd find at a travel agency (which very few exist any more)

They were not in frames, but looked like they were put up with some kind of double tape.

I did not notice people in the posters, I was just startled to see them.

I don't recall people at all in them, although there could have been. All I recall is pictures of major sites around the world and famous harbors and beaches.

Very out of place for a country restaurant.

I kept questioning myself over and over about if the posters were there a few minutes ago. I was afraid to ask anyone there for fear they would think I was crazy, I didn't even say anything to Mother. I KNEW for certainty the poster were not there when we arrived because I was studying the texture and design because they were so weird. The walls were covered in that strange tin ; and the ceiling tiles were also pressed brown tin (the kind people normally put as back splashes in the kitchen). So, if it means anything, probably doesn't, we were in a fully tin covered room.

edit on 12-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: add

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Cords ? Location ? Surly you would remember such a place ?

Maybe someone near by can go and investigate ?

edit on 0218083182188th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I am too ashamed to ask anyone to investigate around here. Not that they can. Obviously, I was the only one in the room to notice it. Unless, the others that noticed it thought they had to keep silent too. Can't ask them, just can't, it was my Sunday School class. That is why I am pouring out my experience here.

I wondered if anyone else, anywhere had a "glitch" around the same time?

It was a really bizarre experience, in that "tin foil" room.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Color me intrigued !

I've had experience with time not behaving the way it should before (either it was missing for a short period of time, or sped up- even made a thread about it a while back.)

But this sounds fascinating! As if you just suddenly found yourself in either a different time or dimension for a short while.

Here is a thread I made on Bizarre Time Slip Cases:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My experience, though not quite like yours:

Thanks for sharing your story.
I find it very believable.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Cords? I hesitate, but the corner of Highways 115 and 20 in Alabama.

But if you go please don't mention the time or date to anyone there. It will identify my group, which I really don't want to happen at all. There is nothing else at that intersection except farm stuff.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Cords? I hesitate, but the corner of Highways 115 and 20 in Alabama.

But if you go please don't mention the time or date to anyone there. It will identify my group, which I really don't want to happen at all. There is nothing else at that intersection except farm stuff.

Haha no worries , to far for me to drive .

Would you happen to have the name of the place ?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Don't feel ashamed OP. Sure, it could have been your mind playing tricks on you, but you aren't by any means the first person something like this has happened to. I have pondered the possibility that one day our scientists may discover that what we think of as linear time and space on earth, isn't always stable. It may very well be that things like this actually happen occasionally(or frequently), and we just don't have the technology to detect it and measure it yet.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I think the "change" stuck for me, my husband did something totally uncharacteristic for him the next day. I was blown away that he did it. (It was a good thing, but not something he has ever done before, he claimed to have had an insight when I questioned him as to why he did it.)

Then my oldest daughter called and asked me to do something for her that was out of character for her. It was something quite innocuous but kind of out of character for her to ask me outright to do.

Mother seems quite the same, she was with me, hubby and daughter were not with me at the restaurant.

Then my youngest sent me a picture of her new work environment (new building just being occupied) which looked different from what she had described to me last week.

All these are really tiny insignificant things really, but things have been oh so slightly off.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have to run to sewing circle. I'm late already. I'll get back to the thread this afternoon and chime in on any responses. Thanks for everyone being so kind.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I had a very strange thing occur to me over the winter. It was like I froze in my tracks while walking through my house. I even saw my breath fall right out of me and keep going with a freezing cold wave of air. It didn't come out of my mouth either. I was left is shock and had no air and began gasping for air and rubbing my chest immediately. I can't explain the reason other than a time lapse or freeze or a ghost or something unseen. I felt like I was relieved of stress and guilt with this moment. Like more than my breath was taken away. After that I can believe in much more than meets the eye. I hope you find answers. I hope I don't. Haha

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Nothing on Sunday..the only thing that's happened to me that seems similar to this was something that happened when I was a kid, I would guess I was aged about 7 or 8. It may just have been due to being tired. But nothing has happened before or after like it. My grandparents were visiting and around evening time I had been in my room I think..saw a light on in one of the other bedrooms, had a look inside and it was one of my grandads asleep on the bed. I stared at him for a few seconds and then went downstairs.

Walked into the living room and the same grandad was sat in the living room. I instanlty froze and everyone looked at me saying I looked like I had seen a ghost, all blood drained from my face. I remember feeling dizzy and I think I had some kind of panic attack. I didn't want to go upstairs, thought it must be a nightmare and wanted to wake up...I was going mad shaking my head and staring at things strangely. I remember it vividly. My dad went upstairs and told my granddad to come down.

It turned out it was the other grandad upstairs. I remember for weeks and months after it was on my mind, I felt strange like I was in a dream. I knew my own eyes..well at least my brain had seen the other grandad up there. My parents always made a joke of it when I brought up as I suppose they could see i was almost traumatised by it I think!

Maybe I was just tired and somehow my brain played tricks on me. My two grandads look nothing alike. Different coloured hair. Completely different.

Anyway, when you told the story it reminded me of how I felt when it happened. Thought maybe you felt something similar.
edit on 8/12/2014 by moth115 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/12/2014 by moth115 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
no,
if time glitch happens
robin williams would still be alive today

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
maybe you had a microsleep.

hallucinations.enacademic.com...

During microsleeps the affected individual may enter the * dream state or the hypnagogic state virtually without a threshold, and without being aware of a discontinuity in the perceptual and cognitive state. This may entail the experiencing of dream images or * hypnagogic hallucinations, and lead up to life-threatening situations in individuals operating a machine or vehicle, for example. It is not unthinkable that the * daymare (i.e. the daytime equivalent of the classical * nightmare) and the microsleep have certain neurophysiological correlates in common.

edit on 12-8-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Can you say DARPA? If I have guessed the correct area then Huntsville - home of DARPA- is well with the vicinity. Cursory quick and dirty search reveals they've been working on terrestrial gamma-ray flashes within lightning storms, possibly with the intent to snag some antimatter (wiki). Possible uh-oh with temporal distortion? Was it by any chance stormy that day, or 24 hr before?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Very familiar place.

The place in question I assume - www.oldgreenbrier.com...

Good food!
edit on 12-8-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

Color me intrigued !

I've had experience with time not behaving the way it should before (either it was missing for a short period of time, or sped up- even made a thread about it a while back.)

But this sounds fascinating! As if you just suddenly found yourself in either a different time or dimension for a short while.

Here is a thread I made on Bizarre Time Slip Cases:

My experience, though not quite like yours:

Thanks for sharing your story.
I find it very believable.

maybe it was alienabductiontheory
its overwhelming howmany possibilites

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Who knows? Could be.
I'm open to any theory.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If I could add to my comment earlier. I wasn't in a room with a window open and the room was warm. The breeze was intense and the very next morning a storm flooded that spot in my house and I woke up and had about three inches of Ice water to walk through and pump out. I froze then. Maybe a day early warning. ??? Maybe I should be reading sighns better if I'm lucky enough to get them. I also saw my first UFO about three months after. I was with my 8-10 year old daughters and I had binoculars. Very easily the fastest thing I've ever seen and stopped on a dime. I can't say anything is impossible these days. The only reason something would be around my house that I can think of is ohio farming and a cancer cluster in the town down the road.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join