It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems w/BTS and Ignorance Denied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have been trying since yesterday to get into BTS and make a post to a thread. When I click on the link to BTS, the main page opens and shows I'm logged in.

But when I click on a thread, it goes to the list of posts, but the login fields display and I do not have the option to post anything. This also happens in Ignorance Denied.

Could I be doing something wrong? My apologies if this is not the place to post this.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If you can log out, try doing that and logging back in.

If that doesn't work, then something bizarre is going on.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
ID is a seperate database from ATS/BTS you will have to reregister there. Sorry for the inconvienence.

Z

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Majic, thanks for the reply. I have tried logging out, then closing out, shutting down my PC and logging in, standing on my head and then accessing BTS from my favorites folder to bypass ATS, then logging in and the same thing happens. I registered in Ignorance Denied and the same darn thing is happening. If I go into a thread the login screen appears.

This probably isn't the area to ask for help, but I didn't want to register it as a complaint. And I did speak with two Mods last night and they weren't sure why it was happening. The question I wanted to post in Computer Help on BTS was answered via U2U by dreamlandmafia (THANKS dreamland!!!). BUT, that still doesn't solve my problem.

Oh well, I like ATS, maybe I just have to stay here. Hmmm, does that mean I'm Non-Moderator banned from BTS and ID???

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Im having the same problems with BTS, but i thought it was my browser playing up, haven tried to log into ID yet.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

ID is a seperate database from ATS/BTS you will have to reregister there. Sorry for the inconvienence.

Z, but I am registered on ID. I did it yesterday, received the email with the password. When I get to the main page, it shows me as logged in, but when I access a thread it displays the login fields again, and I can not make any posts.
[edit on 4-12-2004 by Muckwa]

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Muckwa]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sounds like a problem with your cookies. I am no web expert by far but I would check your security setting on your browser. Which browser do you use BTW?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
However, I don't recommend nuking all of them unless you are quite sure you want to do that.

Depending on your browser, you should be able to selectively clear your cookies for specific sites, and in this case I would start with anything connected with BTS and ID.

Cookies: How to view, edit and delete

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Majic, thanks, but it didn't work. I can get to the main page of BTS showing I'm logged in, but once I click on a thread I'm back to the login screen.

Oh well, I really like ATS, so maybe I'll just stick with that.

Thanks for your help!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa
I have been trying since yesterday to get into BTS and make a post to a thread. When I click on the link to BTS, the main page opens and shows I'm logged in.

But when I click on a thread, it goes to the list of posts, but the login fields display and I do not have the option to post anything. This also happens in Ignorance Denied.

Could I be doing something wrong? My apologies if this is not the place to post this.

No I do not think you are doing anything wrong. I have had the same happen to me. Perhaps tweaking the changeover will solve this and other minor problems.

top topics

join