It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My non believing friend is now a Believer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic
I've never been fooled by a celestial body....ever....My friend. i doubt he would either as we have spent enough time in the darkest places in Scotland together.

I'm only telling the story as i was told...i have no reason to doubt what he saw was something different.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Possibly so...we can only guess until we have proof.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I've never been fooled by a celestial body....ever....My friend. i doubt he would either as we have spent enough time in the darkest places in Scotland together.

Oooooh! Do tell?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Oooooh! Do tell?

Oi.....Manly outdoor Pursuits only. ie Salmon Poaching.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

If they were in an area that they hadn't been in before, perhaps they were looking at Venus and it looked brighter and bigger than normal. I say this because one time, very late at night, I experienced a very cool phenomenon, but I think it was natural. I was traveling from Virginia to New York State, and I went through a narrowish valley that has tallish hills on either side, and a man-made lake. The road skirted the lake - there's a dam at the north end (yes, that river flows north). As I was passing through next to the water, I looked up at the cloudless night sky and the stars looked like they were so close I could touch them. I could see the milky way very clearly, it was surreal. As a logical, scientifically-inclined thinker, I deduced that there must have been some kind of curved temperature inversion between the hilltops created by the temperature difference of the lake and the air on either side of the hills. The curved inversion bubble, if you will, must have acted as a giant lens through which I was seeing the sky. It was amazing. Could they have experienced something like that?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Nope. Didn't you read Soloprotocol's post?

He and his friend aren't fooled by celestial bodies!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Time,date, approx location and Stellarium would help rule out stars/planets.

Watched it for a while NO pictures?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The object would have to move to even be considered by most observers.. Had a friend who called me and swore he was seeing a craft/alien/ufo so I went out there and he pointed to it, then I told him he was looking at good ole Jupiter, which it was, but it sparkled and his eye muscles were tired, so it seemed to hop around. I had the same issue a few times and knew it was just nature and sore eyes..

But I wasn't there with your friends, so I can't really make an absolute judgement what they saw..

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Sounds Awesome...never seen anything like what you describe.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Time,date, approx location and Stellarium would help rule out stars/planets.

Watched it for a while NO pictures?

As for time and date, i dont know. if it was on a specific date, ie, Maybe to celebrate a Birthday or a Annual holiday or something i'm pretty sure he will remember that. Location wont be a problem. he google mapped it so i'm sure he could point us in the right direction.
As i said previously, i never got round to asking about pics as they got distracted saying goodbye to family members.
I was in the middle of listening to his story and i never got to the bit where you ask about Pics..I was on a slow brain day and i'd had a few jars myself.

Next time i see him (hope it's not another 10 years) i will ask though. I'll ask a friend if he has his contact details and if he has any pics i'm sure he would forward them on to me. if he has pics they should be good ones as he was always the type the buy the best of everything...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join