It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My non believing friend is now a Believer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I was at my friends Mothers funeral on Friday. Not seen Ian for over ten years, maybe more, but he was always a non believer, a there has to be a logical reason for everything type person.

Anyway, after the funeral we got to talking about how our lives have panned out, blah, blah, blah and he told me a story, his wife, who i've never met was there also, about a strange experience they both had a 2 years ago.

They had booked a Small but and Ben for a few days in the north of Scotland.But and Ben He had to park the car and walk in through a few mountain Glens to get to this remote place. They walked about 2 miles in when his wife Iona, noticed a Bright light in the sky about 4 miles away...they watched this bright object for about 10 minutes...it never moved.

As it was on the same heading as they were headed they started to walk but keeping an eye on the bright object now and then, not thinking too much about it..they get to the But and Ben and the light is still there...

He said he watched it for over an hour from the lodgings and it never moved an inch, was completely silent and was the Brightest thing he had ever seen in the night sky...A very large sparkly shiny thing.. I ask if it was maybe a Star..both of them said the same thing at the same time..*&@k Off...i guess they had been asked that question before.
I trust his judgment, We have done a lot of camping and nighttime fishing together and he also phoned me to inform me the night Hale Bopp had just appeared in the night sky, so he's kinda familiar with the night sky.

Sorry i never got round to like giving him the third degree about filming or pics etc... I think i was distracted by some of his Family leaving the after party/wake..or maybe the buffet.

Maybe meet up with him again at some point (he stays a few hundred miles from me now) and get more information from him about his sighting, but he did say..Solo, it was a UFO, it couldn't have been anything else, it set the hairs on the back of my neck upright and Iona started to get upset to the point she started to cry, Iona confirmed this, so they headed indoors...

Me, i just smiled knowing he was now a believer and lucky enough to have seen one...I'm kinda jealous.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Fascinating and I certainly believe the story but believe in what? Advanced military projects or aliens? Inter-diminsional or Extra-terrestrial? Or does he simply believe that there is more out there than the common person accepts or understands? Thanks for sharing the story.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's another one waking up!! I love it

And so his journey begins..removing the blinkers and truly opening your eyes, heart and mind.

a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Nothing like experiencing and witnessing a UFO that ends up changing a skeptics view over night. Sometimes it's the only way for skeptics to come to grips with the possibility we are being visited.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Don't take this post as being dismissive, just a few observations...

Firstly, it's impossible to gauge the distance of a point of light, so the notion that it was about 4 miles away is meaningless.

Secondly, being "kinda familiar with the night sky" doesn't lend any credence to it not being a star or other atronomical object. If fact, it's highly likely that they were looking at Venus, Mars or Jupiter.

Finally, positively identifying the light as a UFO is like saying I definitely don't know what it was.

I live quite close to the Isle of Sheppey where there's an open prison (the sort where prisoners go home at the weekend). The are regular escapes from there. In most instances police helicopters can be seen flying around at night - they will often hover for a very long time over an area which is being searched with the spotlights pointing down - from a distance they look like "UFO's" as described by your friend. Not saying that this was the case - but often ordinary events can seem extraordinary when you don't know what they are.

edit on 12-8-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Fascinating and I certainly believe the story but believe in what? Advanced military projects or aliens? Inter-diminsional or Extra-terrestrial? Or does he simply believe that there is more out there than the common person accepts or understands? Thanks for sharing the story.

All he said was..It was a UFO. make of that what you will. They even went to the trouble of Google mapping the area for Military Bases, Airports etc...Nothing.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

Don't take this post as being dismissive, just a few observations...

Firstly, it's impossible to gauge the distance of a point of light, so the notion that it was about 4 miles away is meaningless.

Unless the mountain the object was in front of was 4.1 miles away....Not saying that it was in front of a mountain, he never mentioned anything about mountains, he just guesstimated it was around 4 miles away. So for you to say it's impossible to gauge the distance of a point of light is wrong...i dont have any facts of how he got to that figure and neither do you.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

police helicopters can be seen flying around at night - they will often hover for a very long time over an area which is being searched with the spotlights pointing down

In the same spot for well over an hour?? silent?? gave his girl the creeps so much so she cried???

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

police helicopters can be seen flying around at night - they will often hover for a very long time over an area which is being searched with the spotlights pointing down

In the same spot for well over an hour?? silent?? gave his girl the creeps so much so she cried???

Helicopters can hover for a long time. And silent depends on how far away you are, and which way the wind is blowing.

And I imagine the reason she might have been upset could possibly, maybe, slightly plausibly be due to the fact that it was her mother's funeral...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Eh...No it wasn't her mothers funeral...this happened 2 years ago...the funeral was last Friday for Ian's Mother.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Eh...No it wasn't her mothers funeral...this happened 2 years ago...the funeral was last Friday for Ian's Mother.

Sorry - I misread you're original post. I stand corrected :-)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

A very large sparkly shiny thing

A very large sparkly shiny thing in the night sky that seems to hold it's position for over an hour could easily describe a star , perhaps like this one that seemed to catch many peoples attention a couple of years ago.

I'm not saying that's definitely what they saw but it is a distinct possibility.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Since when did stationary and silent spell UFO?

If it was low in the sky and yet big and bright, it would be a planet, NOT a star.

My guess is Venus.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

When it's an object in the sky.

My guess is Venus.

Venus doesn't sparkle.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

My guess is Venus.

Venus doesn't sparkle.

Well you've never been in Paris in the spring.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I trust the Guy enough to believe what he saw was something different. Make of what i have said what you will.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

My guess is Venus.

Venus doesn't sparkle.

Planets dont sparkle...stars/Suns do.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

My guess is Venus.

Venus doesn't sparkle.

Planets dont sparkle...stars/Suns do.

Atmosphere is thickest when viewing the lower celestial bodies which results in shimmer.

Shimmer and sparkle are same same.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
time will tell

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

but he did say..Solo, it was a UFO, it couldn't have been anything else...

Me, i just smiled knowing he was now a believer and lucky enough to have seen one...I'm kinda jealous.

Things are rarely what they appear to be.

They are MORE rarely what people claim them to be.

After connecting a few dots, it becomes readily apparent that these entities are merely extremely skilled at masquerading as 'aliens'.

The thousands of contacts with the entities indicate that they are liars and put-on artists. ~ John Keel

They are inveterate liars and deceivers, and delight in bamboozling and misleading mankind with all manner of nonsense. ~ Gordon Creighton

“They are messengers of deception” ~ Jacques Vallee

John Keel, one of the most respected researchers in this field, noted that “over and over again, witnesses have told me in hushed tones, ‘you know, I don’t think that thing I saw was mechanical at all. I got the distinct impression it was alive.’” thestrongdelusion.com...

The UFO phenomena are manifestations of living beings that are here to deceive mankind. They appear in their UFO form because they wish to change our perception of reality. That they are alive rather than mechanical is not our only conclusion.

thestrongdelusion.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join