It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Paradigm-Challenging Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have resonated with most of what you had to say, at different times over the years (and was delighted to find I have read some of the books and source websites too), but to see it all cohesively formatted in one place is a veritable pleasure. Thank you for your efforts Rolci, and in the conveying of so much amazing information to both those newly on the path of discovery and those looking to further their knowledge. Blessings.

I did especially love that you included this:

originally posted by: Rolci
"Be true to yourself". I sounds similar to "know yourself", but maybe goes further, knowing is ok but not enough, you should reflect this knowledge in your every thought, word and deed. Maybe that's the key for a successful creation process.

I feel this is of vast importance; and since very young knew that "every thought, word and deed" DOES matter - and not because I had been raised that way, but because I had experienced the outcome of the very opposite. If humanity acted in accordance with such a simple idea, a very different world would take shape.

P.S. I would like to recommend a personal favourite, a book called "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young. It was a profound read for me, and synchronicity brought it to me. I found it inspiring on the topics of what we conceive God to be, or think that God wants us to believe. Perchance we've made a few assumptions on both counts.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I feel it would certainly suit many on ATS as well, who read with an open mind...and I know some atheists who found it illuminating as well. If any book written so far would have a possibility of bringing both atheists and believers together, this book just might be it.

The Shack - Amazon Reviews

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hi MB, thanks for your input, I'll certainly look that book up, you make it sound interesting.

On a different note, I had an interesting conversation with a colleague this morning, and the topic of hypnosis came up. Looking back I find it intriguing why I never paid due attention to this topic. I hardly know anything, and now I want to know all about it, especially in connection with what this thread is all about. Apparently while you're hypnotized you do create your reality. You're told an ice cream van comes by on a hot summer day, and in RL you're given a cucumber, and you start licking it. It's hilarious, but raises many questions in me. Can you hypnotize animals, or just humans? If just humans, why would evolution develop the "ability" to be hypnotized? What's the relationship with language? Can deaf people be hypnotized? ow about blind people? Deaf and blind? Also, tie post-hypnotic suggestion to the placebo effect. Can you be told that when you wake up you'll start a self-healing process and in a week you'll be completely healed?? Some of these questions might already have the answers but I'm not aware of it, I need to start researching it. Also what's the connection with, mind? Brain? Can the effects be cancelled/overridden/enhanced? What happens if you tell them they are flying and stuff? Or that they can speak German? I mean if acquired savant syndrome exists, this should be possible too. Anybody here researched all this? It all just confirms to me the illusory nature of "reality". What are the limits of post-hypnotic suggestion? And hypnosis in general. Mass hypnosis?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well, everything is a hypothesis, even the roundness of the Earth, as I mentioned above. Different people pick and choose different stuff to believe in. You readily believe the Earth is round. Others believe that the juice from a cow's utter is good for you. It's a choice. Doesn't mean your choices are the right ones, let alone true.

On a different note. For anyone who's still interested in the power of the mind, I found (even though I was looking for something else, the Matrix Reloaded) this documentary:

www.youtube.com...

It confirms many things I proposed in my OP, AND MORE, among other, what I've always suspected/theorised, that when you work out, all you REALLY do is tell something to your body, which you can do WITHOUT working out. That's right, your brain doesn't know the difference between reality and imagination, but we already knew that, but some of the implications are hard to accept even to the most free-minded of us. It's been shown that just IMAGINING on a regular basis that you're working out, builds muscle! That, and much more, is in the documentary above. So, do you still think anything is impossible??

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What fascinating questions about hypnosis! I admit, I do not know much on the subject, but look forward to increasing that knowledge one of these days. On a personal level, having attended one of those group sessions that people do for fun, I was on stage, yet ended up one of the people unable to be hypnotized. Now it could have been the situation, with so many people watching, but I was never sure.

That documentary looks very interesting indeed.

your brain doesn't know the difference between reality and imagination

I have always suspected this to be true as well. I have had some unique occurrences with whatever you want to call it - LOA - imagination - pinging the universe. In the past I have manifested a car (not a new one, but a free one), an experience of front row at a concert, among other "coincidences" that came at a time when they were most desired; and most recently a new Sealy mattress set, that didn't cost me a thing!

Now I won't pretend to know the how - and I have not yet reached the place where everything transpires; but I do believe and I am working on it.

Nothing is impossible! Thank you so much for sharing your findings! I am going to get right on those "results without working out" now.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom
In the past I have manifested a car (not a new one, but a free one), an experience of front row at a concert, among other "coincidences" that came at a time when they were most desired; and most recently a new Sealy mattress set, that didn't cost me a thing!

May I assume you set the specific intentions first, and did your thing until they materialized? I'd like to hear which method(s) you utilized and how long each materialisation took.

In the meantime I have downloaded hundreds of books on hypnosis and NLP. SCARY STUFF if you look into it. So far I've read:

Emile Coue - Self Mastery Through Concious Autosuggestion

Basically she describes a method that anyone can learn on themselves and then manifest stuff. She treated many ill people with tumours, mental disorders, etc. and healed many, tumours gone, etc. Probably the same stuff as the medicineless hospitals of China that I talked about. It's possible that the LOA stuff is conscious autosuggestion, which is close to self-hypnosis, which in turn is the same as being healed by a healer while in reality you convince yourself (autosuggest) that you're being healed. All of which might be the very same thing as the placebo effect.

What it seems to boil down to is this. Believe... NO! Just TELL yourself... NO! Tell your SUBCONSCIOUS (that is the most gullible thing in the universe) anything, and it will make it true. Whether the mechanism is someone hypnotises you, convinces you, or you hypnotise yourself, autosuggest, use the LOA, or just the LOG, or you have a religious belief, go to a shrine like Medjugorje or Lourdes, lucid dreaming (setting an intention before sleep), WHATEVER WORKS. And that's the beauty, ANYTHING works. In fact every single one of us CREATE our reality, EVERY DAY, EVERY MOMENT. Subconsciously. It's up to you to take the driving seat. How, is your choice. It's like you choose your form of ritual to tell the universe what your will is, where the universe is, as we well know, the genie in the bottle that doesn't know how to ask questions, just knows one thing: give you what you TRULY want.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Rolci because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolci
The most difficult things in life is unlearning things you just know.

Especially if you live in a family of bible thumpers.

ETA: I had forgotten about this thread. Ty for redoing the links, I downloaded the books in epub.

edit on 23-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
A few months ago, I decided to test out the "Secret" , just for fun. Figured it couldn't hurt.

I chose a picture of a car I'd like to have, but that was totally out of my financial means. I put it up on my fridge, I imagined driving it, I did all that stuff. After a while I forgot about the experiment, and when cleaning the house one day I pulled down the photo and threw it away.

Now I am totally enjoying my BMW , with all the things I wanted, (bluetooth, leather interior, etc.). I still can't believe it is mine. It's even the same color as the one in the photo!

I won't make any fantastic claims, but I find it a funny twist.......

edit on 23-8-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
After a while I forgot about the experiment, and when cleaning the house one day I pulled down the photo and threw it away.

I know The Secret didn't tell you to do that, but one of the most easily accessible magic practices is using sigils. It's one of those things that many people have reported to be working, and part of the practice is destroying what you wrote and never think back of the whole ritual, which is crucial in making it work. Why?

"Also notice, it’s not “I WANT TO BE” or “I AM THIS AND NOT THAT”. Negatives in sigils are just negative! If you write “I WANT TO BE A MILLIONAIRE” look forward to a life of wanting to be a millionaire.

Same logic as you find in the Conversations with God books, which I very highly recommend to everyone, if you can just ignore the title and take a look if it bothers you. The guy established conscious communication with his higher self. One of a kind book series.

Here's a brief description:

disinfo.com...
www.mookychick.co.uk...

and a useful forum about it:

www.traditionalwitch.net...

There is another website, seems to be a bit more advanced staff involving casting and more:

adamapollo.info...

In closing, the reason it works is the same as I explained above, same as hypnosis, placebo, magick, alchemy, etc. - you imprint your will on your subconscious. That's all it takes. Knock yourselves out guys.

If you've only heard of one of these before and tried it, it may have worked, or you might have had the attitude of giving it a shot or let's see but I'm sure it won't, and it didn't. (What a surprise.) Or you might have heard more and chose what you could believe in best or what seemed the most sympathetic, in which case it probably worked for you. But I'm telling you guys, there is no more potent method than one you devise for yourself, which you don't even have to convince your subconscious about, as for its truthfulness. I've just had an idea of a super-powerful method, and I guess no one has ever thought of it before, also you need tech for it that is not completely up to scratch nowadays but I'll use the best available. But before I do, I need to do more research to make it perfect, more personal, and more imprinted even before I begin. Exciting times, hope some of you also get some inspiration and grab the steering wheel. So the methods again, roughly and randomly:

Placebo, magick, alchemy, lucid dreaming, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, subliminal messages, conscious autosuggestion, creative visualisation, Law of Attraction, Law of Gratitude, hypnosis, EFT tapping, sigils, affirmations.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Rolci because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The peculiar thing was that I didn't "do" anything fancy! I was aware of LOA, and for the car all I did was picture myself driving it, and sat with the feeling of ease, knowing it would not need repairs for a very long time. I had no specific attachment to new/old or make/model. Then I basically let the thought "go out" to the universe, and accepted that it would come my way when it was meant to, and it did - a week or so later!

As for the concert experience, I didn't do anything at all, except for being present IN the joy of being there, so this attraction was essentially immediate. One thing happened after another, in very quick succession (one example was a lady with "pull" being placed near me, and we hit it off) to enable the front row experience...and my original seats were nowhere near!

As for the mattress set, nothing special other than a "ping" to the universe that I sorely needed a new one (then let that thought go), and in two days it appeared through a "coincidence".

The best way I can describe it is the "thought" was a quick one, including emotion (but not always); and very brief. Not a long drawn out meditative affair. I don't feel I am by any means an expert at this, but if I ever doubted even a little bit, I certainly cannot any longer. Maybe I would be on my yacht right now, except I do not desire such a thing. lol

Thank you for the book recommendation, I love the method described and am especially drawn to the healing aspect. It is something I have always desired to be able to do.

I do hope that more and more people will come to believe in the reality of the possibilities available to them, your posts are a great window for that. Blessings.

P.S. Ahh, I wanted to add that a personal favourite book is "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gawain. Before the LOA stuff came into my world, I do believe this book opened up the door of belief, so to speak.

edit on 24-8-2014 by MoonBlossom because: Added a Post Script

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

What you're describing is indeed how sigils work, but like I said, it's basically what the CWG books 1-3 tell you about how to create your reality. Those books are very thorough and logically structured, they explain the creation process and much more in a language even children can understand. Although in the end they go even further than what you described, it's like a roller-coaster ride, and when you think you understand at last, the next chapter or book will take you a even higher unexpected level. Logical, easy-to-understand, yet boggles the mind.

I've downloaded the Shakti book you recommended, it's now on my list.

Also wanted to add this these relevant stories as supporting evidence that I forgot to mention earlier, and they're especially essential as they're well documented and, unlike the Home case, commonly accepted as real and undeniable.

This is obvious, but I believe anyone can learn to control their body temperature as Wim Hof does. He uses Tummo yoga. What he says he actually does is "turn his own thermostat up" by using his MIND. Furthermore, I believe you can learn to control your heartbeat as many African shamans do. They bury their head in the ground, slow down and eventually stop their breathing, all metabolic activity, and they stop their hearts. But I've heard of Indian yogis being submerged in a pool of water in a meditative state and lifted out days later. So where do you think the limit is?

Further proves the power of the mind how Isao Machii is able to cut 350 kmh bullets and 700 kmh tennis balls fired at him in half. How does he do it? He says he doesn't use his eyes, he visualizes the trajectory. Visualizes. IN HIS MIND.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I very much enjoyed the CWG books too, they opened up a new line of thinking that I had not previously considered. It's been many years, so I think it's time for a re-read, as they will fit in so much better with what I know to be true now.

What he says he actually does is "turn his own thermostat up" by using his MIND. Furthermore, I believe you can learn to control your heartbeat as many African shamans do. They bury their head in the ground, slow down and eventually stop their breathing, all metabolic activity, and they stop their hearts. But I've heard of Indian yogis being submerged in a pool of water in a meditative state and lifted out days later. So where do you think the limit is?

When I first saw someone walk over a long bed of hot coals, I realized that we had many possibilities not yet considered, and, the mind is the key. I think the only limits we have are that which we have drawn into our belief systems including the area of science (which really doesn't spend a whole lot of time in this area) and of course the limits we place on ourselves through our conditioning and ego.

But yes, visualization is most certainly a key; but, as with spirituality, may not be the only path to the river. Believing in our own potential is paramount. What exciting times we live in!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

Wait till you see these:

www.sciencedaily.com...

3 years later:

www.sciencedaily.com...

To quote:

"It was always thought that we could not voluntarily influence either the immune system or the autonomic nervous system. However, experiments from intensive care researcher Dr. Matthijs Kox and Professor of Experimental Intensive Care Medicine Peter Pickkers now demonstrate that this is possible using certain techniques."

Less than a year ago:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Study reveals gene expression changes with meditation.

Knock yourselves out, and spread the word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join