It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat... Only for a very few elite?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

@ This post.

We used to have a " Chat Voyeur " where you could take a peek at who was on chat - without logging on.
This was enabled whilst your post count was not up to the standards.

Once post count was met - this feature dropped off.

Could be worth looking into - for your well stated reason.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

@ This post.

We used to have a " Chat Voyeur " where you could take a peek at who was on chat - without logging on.
This was enabled whilst your post count was not up to the standards.

Once post count was met - this feature dropped off.

Could be worth looking into - for your well stated reason.

Thanks Timely.

To be quite honest the chat *voyeur* thingummyjig just doesn't turn me on at all...

In my opinion, we, as respected and overall members should just be able to log on and greet each other and then *Why not* go into private U2U conversations as which actually exists no?

Mt question to the owners of ATS but maybe asked many times beforhand : Whu not have a VOIP option on ATS chat... maybe this should be asked in the questions board? (Going over to do it right now)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

At least you would not have to post it note - on your monitor - who bailed on you.

Well not you - per se ...

Just those that feel genuine butthurt rejection from their peers ... should there be such types.
On here, at all. Ever.

I personally just suck it up.

edit on 12-8-2014 by Timely because: lol

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

(Oh this is awkward)

Rod, we all love you and respect and admire you but, *ahem* next time perhaps you could check your fly before entering. . . . .

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

At least you would not have to post it note - on your monitor - who bailed on you.

Well not you - per se ...

Just those that feel genuine butthurt rejection from their peers ... should there be such types.
On here, at all. Ever.

I personally just suck it up.

Blumming heck my Genus Macropus friend... No way I am getting butt hurt : Translated for those in the UK : A KICK UP THE ARSE... from someone who thinks (but has no pics or evidence to show it...) *Ahem* "Thanks ATS"... that they are higher than their anal sphincters than myself...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

(Oh this is awkward)

Rod, we all love you and respect and admire you but, *ahem* next time perhaps you could check your fly before entering. . . . .

Thank you my Lagomorphic flea bitten furry friend...

Just what I needed before hitting *Ze French apéritif"

Pastis on the rocks with tons of water... Might just put some hay and carrots out if you pop along?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
No idea .. english does my head in just trying to follow forum threads .. my head would explode trying to keep up with chat ..

Better check to make sure they didnt stick you with the tab before they legged it ..

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I haven't been on chat in awhile. If its the same, its a little clunky imo. I type and read fast, yet often the convo moves so fast it's hard keeping up or my chat gets lost.

Maybe a little code writing is in order (Springer)
Or is it SO i keep forgetting which one was the coder.

That said, you don't want the site too user friendly as that might draw in the wrong crowd.

@Rodinus if you want I can always log in and chat with you. I'm sure it'd make for an interesting convo.

Regards,
Dodo

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
I haven't been on chat in awhile. If its the same, its a little clunky imo. I type and read fast, yet often the convo moves so fast it's hard keeping up or my chat gets lost.

Maybe a little code writing is in order (Springer)
Or is it SO i keep forgetting which one was the coder.

That said, you don't want the site too user friendly as that might draw in the wrong crowd.

@Rodinus if you want I can always log in and chat with you. I'm sure it'd make for an interesting convo.

Regards,
Dodo

Waiting for you Dodo as from tomorrow morning or sometime today when I can get on

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Hey Rodinus, welcome back! I've only returned a few days ago myself.

I admit, I'm a chat newbie. I've never used it before, mainly because I'm only on ATS to check articles and then I move on. I went to chat just now and apparently I was the only one there. My hellos echoed back and I felt all alone.

Maybe the same thing happened to you or those who were there left by coincidence? Perhaps you're reading too much I to things and it is nothing personal at all? I do this all the time, especially in social situations, and it know how easy it is to jump to the conclusion it's because no one wants to speak to you.

Give folks another chance. Lots of folks here like you, and some of us would even rescue you from danger.

Unless the danger involves spiders.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
Chat works??

Ive tried using it loads but never works. Disabled ghostery, adblocker etc. Always sticks on loading screen. I assumed it was just another ATS 'feature' that was broken and ignored.

Nah, still not working for me.

Wonder if other users have this issue.

Update your Java.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: smyleegrl

Hey Rodinus, welcome back! I've only returned a few days ago myself.

I admit, I'm a chat newbie. I've never used it before, mainly because I'm only on ATS to check articles and then I move on. I went to chat just now and apparently I was the only one there. My hellos echoed back and I felt all alone.

Maybe the same thing happened to you or those who were there left by coincidence? Perhaps you're reading too much I to things and it is nothing personal at all? I do this all the time, especially in social situations, and it know how easy it is to jump to the conclusion it's because no one wants to speak to you.

Give folks another chance. Lots of folks here like you, and some of us would even rescue you from danger.

Unless the danger involves spiders.

Wahayyyyyyyyyy

Welcome back Smelly.. erm Smylee I meant?

Can anyone please rescue me from this humongous great spider that is currently chewing on my left arm?

On other *hands* no pun intended... I guess not, I have just realised that it is the stinky killer kitten...

Will try going on chat again tomorrow morning around 10 my time (currently 16:39 here)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12/8/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ewe are a holla back girl?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I gave up on chat, most times noones in there or they are away...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I gave up on chat, most times noones in there or they are away...

Or they do not even say hello... always seems to be the same people on my time zone and it really sucks... I see them conversing and as soon as I pop on all goes quiet...

It is easy to say that some people might be on but sleeping, but I for one would appreciate that "those" people log off and only log on when they feel the need to chat (it only takes a couple of seconds...)... what is the point of being on chat if you are snoring your head off?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have been an ATS Member for ages and the chat rooms are very rarely used.

I don't even bother with chat.

Maybe you could start a thread saying...'all Members get in chat room now".
LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

LMAO Beezer, that was really funny.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I was just there for the first time in years to say Hello,,, and Chat!!

No Body There,,,, I had some free time as I'm waiting for a call back from China.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Just jumped on then, can see your dialogue. lol.

No one to chat with - just one idler ... at least they linked a you tube music vid .

Nine inch nails anyone ?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
OK Rod - do the geography and time diff thing.

And make a play date for a chat get together !
There are a few in here now ... a thread could boost the interest ...

Global get together to spout BS wide and far !

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join