It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Mo. riots are just the beginning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The actions of the police/government are simply legalized gang violence. And just like a gang the government base their activities on two premises; extortion and exploitation.

Really? Your comparison is so ridiculous it is hard to know where to start.

How many gang members have protected, or take interest in, anything that didn't belong to them?

How many gang members have used reasonable force on someone else?

How many gang members have turned anyone over to a separate and impartial judicial system for a trial where they can raise a defense and have an argument heard?

How many gang members have turned anyone over to a separate and impartial judicial system for punishment after a trial?

The answer is none.

if the government will not provide a solution that is equitable and peaceful, I am quite sure a violent one from the people will follow.

How can an equitable and peaceful solution be found before knowing what the facts are? I think you just want to jump right to the violence and it doesn't really matter what the facts are.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The beginning? No. Those people are animals, just look at them and how they are acting. I know where I live people would not loot and commit crime during a protest. This area is riddle with crime and drugs.

Just look at the other instances of looting and rioting where people were suppose to be protesting! Rodney King anyone?

Just a bunch of criminals seeing the opportunity to be criminals and using this shooting as a crutch to justify what they are doing.

Looting doesn't solve anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
People better take a stand...NOW! Looting and doing all that isn't going to get anywhere, it only adds fuel to the fire, plus destroying your own neighborhood is just ludicrous. I feel for the people though. Leaving the body on the ground for hours is just f'd up. All we can do is see what happens...which will most likely be nothing. It would be awesome to join Anonymous...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: areyouserious2010

The actions of the police/government are simply legalized gang violence. And just like a gang the government base their activities on two premises; extortion and exploitation.

Really? Your comparison is so ridiculous it is hard to know where to start.

How many gang members have protected, or take interest in, anything that didn't belong to them?

The government takes a great deal of interest in almost everything that doesn't belong to them.

How many gang members have used reasonable force on someone else?

The government has not been using reasonable force, simply look at the police, the IRS, DEA, TSA, DHS, etc.

How many gang members have turned anyone over to a separate and impartial judicial system for a trial where they can raise a defense and have an argument heard?

There is no impartial, separate or objective judicial system. A man cannot be loyal to two masters. The judicial system is controlled by the criminals in power and is skewed to their criminal behavior.

How many gang members have turned anyone over to a separate and impartial judicial system for punishment after a trial?

There is no impartial, separate or objective judicial system. A man cannot be loyal to two masters. The judicial system is controlled by the criminals in power and is skewed to their criminal behavior.

The answer is none.

if the government will not provide a solution that is equitable and peaceful, I am quite sure a violent one from the people will follow.

How can an equitable and peaceful solution be found before knowing what the facts are? I think you just want to jump right to the violence and it doesn't really matter what the facts are.

I don't advocate violence, I tend to look for peaceful solutions, however when none are offered logic dictates that the only solution available will be violent. I am just using logic.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FeistyFemme

that's the thing about anon, you are already a member by being "here"

On topic, this isn't the start.. this is the middle of a long term plan to incite blowback towards authority in a way that most of the populace does not approve. The next step will be to use these incidents as a baseline for public perception. Meaning, anything or anyone making a stand against the government/authorities will be painted in the same light as these rioters.

It will continue much further than that too.

All that social programming is being put to good use, and people just make the movements like puppets.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The government takes a great deal of interest in almost everything that doesn't belong to them.

That's not the point and you know it. Gangs only interest themselves in things that benefit themselves. Police involve themselves in things that are of collective or societal interest, or benefit, and almost no interest, or benefit, to his or her self as an individual.

The government has not been using reasonable force, simply look at the police, the IRS, DEA, TSA, DHS, etc.

The police, along with all of the agencies you listed, use a wide range of force every day. But let's stick to the matter at hand.

From the mere presence of an officer, to verbal commands, to putting hand cuffs on someone, to pepper spray, to punching someone, to tasering someone, all the way up to shooting someone. There are many police involved incidents per police agency per day.

You only hear of a very small percentage of those incidents that occur daily. Meaning there are thousands of incidents a day where the police use an amount of force and there isn't even a complaint or suspicion raised.

If the system is so hopelessly corrupt:

Then why are accused people found not guilty by juries all the time?

Why are police officers, state's attorneys, judges and other officials ever even charged with crimes let alone convicted of those crimes?

If the system was so corrupt why would the "criminals" in charge allow their own to be charged with a crime. Why would they allow their own to be convicted of crimes?

If there was no separation of power why even have a judicial or legislative system on a local, state or federal level? If there is no separation of power why don't the police just have a summary judgement based on the facts they uncover and decide the punishment right-then-and-there?

You bring attention to the shortfalls of the system we have. YES, there are some. The system we have is designed with checks and balances. You decide to ignore where the system works and only draw attention to some of the shortfalls.

I don't advocate violence, I tend to look for peaceful solutions, however when none are offered logic dictates that the only solution available will be violent. I am just using logic.

You didn't answer the question. You said this:

It appears you have skipped the part where facts are gathered and a conclusion, as to what happened, is made. You want to jump right to "SOLUTIONS" without knowing what actually happened. Again, how can those "SOLUTIONS" be "equitable and peaceful" without knowing what actually happened?

You say you are using logic but your failure to find out exactly what happened can only mean you want a "solution" based on the conclusions you have already made (i.e. the police shot the man without any justification and with malice).

First, you complain "there is no separate, impartial or objective judicial system," yet when it comes to this issue you impose the same flawed method of judging the police officer.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: synnergy
a reply to: mwood

Not everyone did this. We shouldn't mass them all together. Many were peacefully protesting. There just happen to be idiots that saw they could take advantage of the situation.

The same exact argument can be made for police officers. It's only an EXTREMELY small percentage doing bad crap but they all get massed together into one group. For every bad video showing an abusive police officer there are 1000 officers that didn't get video taped doing their job correctly.

The "cop haters" here on ATS would have you believe that every cop in the country is bad and that is not true, I suspect that many of the ones that have problems with law enforcement officers are engaging in stuff they shouldn't or have a mouth on them that brings negative attention their way.

I had a bad relationship with law enforcement when I was younger and they hounded me, but you know what? I brought it on myself by engaging in shady activities. I can admit that now and not blame it on the cops.

Pot heads, drug dealers, thieves and violent people will have bad relationships with Law enforcement and most of them blame the cops for their problems on the cops., I used to but I grew up and took responsibility for my actions.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: darkwarrior

Maybe they're not as prepared to handle 300 million pissed off Americans as you give them credit for.

The problem is this - no one really knows yet what exactly happened. They have three entirely different stories, none of which match in any way, and they have a lot of physical evidence that has to be gone through.

All we know for sure is that one person didn't have a gun, one gun was shot and killed that person, and the police man had the gun that was fired. We don't know the particulars of how those events occurred. There is such a wide range of ways those events could have fallen out, everything from the policeman meaning to shot the kid down in cold blood to the kid attacking the cop and trying to take the gun away. And no one knows what those actual events are yet.

So until we start the 2nd American Revolution over this. I suggest we wait and see.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That's not the point and you know it. Gangs only interest themselves in things that benefit themselves. Police involve themselves in things that are of collective or societal interest, or benefit, and almost no interest, or benefit, to his or her self as an individual.

The police, along with all of the agencies you listed, use a wide range of force every day. But let's stick to the matter at hand.

From the mere presence of an officer, to verbal commands, to putting hand cuffs on someone, to pepper spray, to punching someone, to tasering someone, all the way up to shooting someone. There are many police involved incidents per police agency per day.

You only hear of a very small percentage of those incidents that occur daily. Meaning there are thousands of incidents a day where the police use an amount of force and there isn't even a complaint or suspicion raised.

If the system is so hopelessly corrupt:

Then why are accused people found not guilty by juries all the time?

Why are police officers, state's attorneys, judges and other officials ever even charged with crimes let alone convicted of those crimes?

If the system was so corrupt why would the "criminals" in charge allow their own to be charged with a crime. Why would they allow their own to be convicted of crimes?

If there was no separation of power why even have a judicial or legislative system on a local, state or federal level? If there is no separation of power why don't the police just have a summary judgement based on the facts they uncover and decide the punishment right-then-and-there?

You bring attention to the shortfalls of the system we have. YES, there are some. The system we have is designed with checks and balances. You decide to ignore where the system works and only draw attention to some of the shortfalls.

You didn't answer the question. You said this:

It appears you have skipped the part where facts are gathered and a conclusion, as to what happened, is made. You want to jump right to "SOLUTIONS" without knowing what actually happened. Again, how can those "SOLUTIONS" be "equitable and peaceful" without knowing what actually happened?

You say you are using logic but your failure to find out exactly what happened can only mean you want a "solution" based on the conclusions you have already made (i.e. the police shot the man without any justification and with malice).

First, you complain "there is no separate, impartial or objective judicial system," yet when it comes to this issue you impose the same flawed method of judging the police officer.

I will concede that the majority of present police interactions are accomplished with reasonable force, however, the number of apparent excessive police force situations are on the rise.

As far as the government and their alphabet soup, oppression is on the rise and it is a FACT. The government is legalized gang of extortionists whose strings are pulled by international bankers, multinational CEO's and anyone who has the money to buy these assclowns. The legal system IS skewed, sure people are found not guilty all the time, but in cases of technical error, those loopholes have to be in place just in case a "friend" (or controller) of government needs to get off.

The entire governmental system is not about cooperation, justice or equity, at least not for the "little" people, it's all about bullying, extortion and exploitation. Sadly, that is exactly the way the mafia or any gang works and that is also a fact.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I will concede that the majority of present police interactions are accomplished with reasonable force, however, the number of apparent excessive police force situations are on the rise.

Are they on the rise or are you just hearing about them more often because of the victim industry and media? Where is the evidence that there is more excessive force happening now then say the 1960's through the 1990's. I would say that during that time frame the police were less likely to listen to a complaint and people knew that so there was no point in making a complaint.

I would submit that now the police are more likely to hear a complaint and investigate it. And now the media is more likely to report on those complaints at the mere ACCUSATION of misconduct. And we know there is little to no follow up by the media afterwards saying what the findings of the investigation was unless it results in the officer being fired or charged with a crime.

As far as the government and their alphabet soup, oppression is on the rise and it is a FACT. The government is legalized gang of extortionists whose strings are pulled by international bankers, multinational CEO's and anyone who has the money to buy these assclowns.

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument about the government in general. If you are talking about things like the IRS targeting Tea Party groups and things like that, it has nothing to do with local police.

The legal system IS skewed, sure people are found not guilty all the time, but in cases of technical error, those loopholes have to be in place just in case a "friend" (or controller) of government needs to get off.

Are there flaws in the system? Yes. Should we trash the entire system because of those flaws? Absolutely not.

If anything, the preponderance of the evidence has become more strict with the advent of modern technology. In the past, circumstantial evidence alone could convict people of rape and murder and send them to jail for great lengths of time. This is evidenced by the people recently released from prison after being exonerated by DNA evidence after spending many years there.

With this new technology and forms of evidence, when someone is charged with a crime, there is usually a pretty damning amount of evidence. This is why most cases involve a plea deal.

I could go on.

Another problem you speak of is when politics and politicians insert themselves into matters of the justice system. Those politicians are usually identified. The shortfall is when those politicians are not held accountable and are reelected by their constituents.

The problem here is not the system. The problem is people not caring enough to vote or not caring enough to pay attention to what their politician is doing and vote accordingly.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The problem here is not the system. The problem is people not caring enough to vote or not caring enough to pay attention to what their politician is doing and vote accordingly.

Since I have some work to do, I will simply answer this issue at this time. Both parties are controlled by the same master. Democrats continue with Republican policies and Republicans continue with Democrat policies, in either case generally adding to them or making them worse. Neither party repeals ANY of the policies that do the most damage, EVER.

So, what is the point the point in voting in a system that is rigged against you?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

And Americans think that the British " Red Coats" where bad.

2nd

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: synnergy
a reply to: mwood

Not everyone did this. We shouldn't mass them all together. Many were peacefully protesting. There just happen to be idiots that saw they could take advantage of the situation.

Protesting is completely ineffective. They don't care if you protest.

Seriously, when was the last time protesting changed anything in this country. Name a time, be specific.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join