It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Mo. riots are just the beginning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think the riots in Ferguson Missouri might just be the beginning of unrest and rioting in our cities over law enforcements abuse of power.

While I never condone violence or rioting I could see it coming months ago. People are just so sick of seeing these stories about police beating and killing people it had to come to this sooner or later.

Cop shoots dog, cop beats grandmother on side of highway, police kill man for selling cigarettes, cop shots 6 years olds puppy right in front of her.

Story after story after story of these guys abusing their authority and now, cop shoots unarmed teen in the middle of the street.

What are we supposed to do as citizens to get our point across? Status quo is not working at all.

I think if we have another police incident like this anytime soon this rioting will spread like a virus. Because we are fed up.

Changes better be made and soon or the camels back is gonna break.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I think if we have another police incident like this anytime soon this rioting will spread like a virus. Because we are fed up.

Changes better be made and soon or the camels back is gonna break.

I pray that this is the one to break the camel's back. I'm tired of waiting for just one more incident. When are we gonna stand up and say enough is enough and we're taking YOUR guns away.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I hope you are wrong. Though it may be the only way to change things. That's how things were done in the past, right?

I'm surprised this didn't start up sooner. It's almost like they are egging' us to respond. The news reports it, it's out there for everyone to see. Sometime I wonder if that is their plan, to stir the masses. It would fit nicely with all the other sh** they do.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Lol the department of justice paid to start a protest after trayvon martin got himself killed. Im sure this is no different.

I wish more people would get fed up And overthrow the gangs and crime that runs areas such as the one where this teenager was tragically shot.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Thats how THEY want you to feel. Youre just taking the bait

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's not the beginning of anything.

It's just a bunch of opportunistic people taking advantage of the situation to riot & loot. Most of the could care less what it's about.

Your upset because you feel the guy was killed unnecessarily so you loot a AM/PM store and steal candy and drinks...yeah.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Rioting is not the solution, the cops could care less if you break a law and step into their arena, allowing them to beat, rape, kidnap, extort, or even murder you.
If a cop took what I hold precious, I would visit the same upon him/her tenfold.
This is the only way to make people see the light, fear of consequence.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: darkwarrior

Maybe they're not as prepared to handle 300 million pissed off Americans as you give them credit for.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Not everyone did this. We shouldn't mass them all together. Many were peacefully protesting. There just happen to be idiots that saw they could take advantage of the situation.

edit on 11-8-2014 by synnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: synnergy
I hope you are wrong. Though it may be the only way to change things. That's how things were done in the past, right?

I'm surprised this didn't start up sooner. It's almost like they are egging' us to respond. The news reports it, it's out there for everyone to see. Sometime I wonder if that is their plan, to stir the masses. It would fit nicely with all the other sh** they do.
I think your right. Every day is a new cop story, like they are pushing us to respond with violence. Then they can roll out the riot squad and show off their new toys. Or maybe they just think its funny to watch black people burn down their own community.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
People were using their phones to record abuse by cops, (that worked) next, will be phones to record the abuse and the citizens pulling their own weapons pointing towards the cops and saying "make my day".

Citizens on rooftops, scopes tuned in to the wanna be LEO'S abusing citizens, shots fired into police car, windows shattered, cops back off get in their car and drive off.

Media condemns the actions of the citizens as unjustified provocation towards the LEO.

LEO'S refuse to answer calls in certain areas for fear of retribution, Citizens take back their towns.

An unlikely scenario, but we can only hope.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

The actions of the police/government are simply legalized gang violence. And just like a gang the government base their activities on two premises; extortion and exploitation. Just like any community, the gang won't go away unless it becomes irrelevant or is beaten out. What's happening in Ferguson is a bit stupid, you have a bunch of people with cohesion and common purpose trying to get the "gang" to back TF off, while others simply act like animals and "invite" the gang back into the area.

It's like kids, both parents (the team) have to have the same mindset when it comes to discipline. All the people (the team in this case) have to be like the parents and discipline this bitch of a government. However, since it is a government that is the problem, if the government will not provide a solution that is equitable and peaceful, I am quite sure a violent one from the people will follow. French Revolution 2.0 ;-) I'm getting ready to warm up the popcorn.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/12.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Once the weather cools down, so will the people.

Better do it while it's hot!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I live in Saint Louis and I know that this is a hot topic. I did read an article (forgot the source) about the rioting. One man who moved from New York to St Louis was calling for more rioting. There were other people quoted that were against the rioting. One woman who teaches in the area and frequented the QT that had been burned left a note on the building. She expressed her regret that the situation had occurred and hoped that the company would rebuild and open quickly. Others also expressed dismay at the rioting and not seeing anything good coming from that action. The article did state that the county executor; Charlie Dooley did visit the area and the crowd gave him a hard time. It is too bad that the police cars were not equipped with cameras so that there would be more evidence than he said - he said.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I agree that it is one of these situations that will lead to an inevitable confrontation, Ferguson is one where I thought it had the potential to get out of hand fast. I think a riot gone out of control that will lead to an escalation of gun control and restrictive laws.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

If a cop took what I hold precious, I would visit the same upon him/her tenfold.

And what if "what you hold precious," I am taking this to mean a person, precipitated his or her own death by doing violence on a police officer. Such violence that placed the police officer in fear for his or her life and justified deadly force to be used?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Maybe they're not as prepared to handle 300 million pissed off Americans as you give them credit for.

They wouldn't have to handle 300 million pissed off Americans. No where close to that many people are as pissed as you.

In fact, the reason we don't have an uprising against police across the country is because most people see this for what it is. This is a local story that is being stirred up by the media and the "I am a victim" industry.
edit on 12-8-2014 by areyouserious2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: synnergy

Not everyone did this. We shouldn't mass them all together. Many were peacefully protesting. There just happen to be idiots that saw they could take advantage of the situation.

The flip side of that coin?

Not all police did this. We shouldn't mass them all together. Many have and continue to do their job without engaging in misconduct, excessive force or corruption. There just happens to be idiots that saw they could take advantage of the situation.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

People were using their phones to record abuse by cops, (that worked) next, will be phones to record the abuse and the citizens pulling their own weapons pointing towards the cops and saying "make my day".

Citizens on rooftops, scopes tuned in to the wanna be LEO'S abusing citizens, shots fired into police car, windows shattered, cops back off get in their car and drive off.

Media condemns the actions of the citizens as unjustified provocation towards the LEO.

LEO'S refuse to answer calls in certain areas for fear of retribution, Citizens take back their towns.

An unlikely scenario, but we can only hope.

You sound like a sociopath.

If this is utopia to you, you are a seriously disturbed individual.

The authority of the police does not come from the guns they carry.

In the "utopia" you describe, those with the biggest guns, or willingness to use extreme violence, would be in charge. Sure, you and your friends might outgun a few cops but there will always be another group who has bigger guns or are willing to do worse violence against you.

There is always someone who is bigger, badder and willing to use extreme violence to take the power away from you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join