It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Gaza Issue Resolved. Israel Not Targeting Women and Children.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Why is this turning out to be so difficult? Buster2010 I can understand. This is fairly normal for him. But why is GogoVicMorrow so passionate? I don't think I've seen that before. GogoVicMorrow, send an alert to the Mods, telling them this is a hoax thread, and let me know what happens.

It seems there are two choices. Either Israel is, more or less, hitting what it wants to hit, or it isn't. If it isn't hitting what it intends to, then it's shooting more or less at random. That means it isn't killing anyone intentionally, they're just shooting in the dark like Hamas' rockets.

If Israel is, more or less, hitting the targets it has in mind, then who is it hitting? The figures tell us that military age males are getting hit way out of proportion to their share of the population. They also tell us that women and children are getting hit way less than their proportion in the population. What other choice is there but to say that Israel is targeting military age males, and trying to avoid women and children?

I don't see an alternative, so I'll stick with my thread title, if you don't mind.

Oh, I should credit buster2010 for solving the problem in Gaza:

Show all this area that Hamas has to wage war from. If the people have no safe place to run to then Hamas has no place to wage war from.

Perhaps, then, they shouldn't wage war?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Well.. you see.. if you knew what Genocide actually is and what the word actually means then you would take me VERY seriously.

Genocide is not 1500 or 2000 out of 1.5 million... It usually goes the way of a ground war and all males are killed and the females that live are raped to bare children to wipe out the race...

Kind of what ISIS is trying to do...

I will teach you something so you can understand. I won't hold it against you if you delete your comment when i display your ignorance here.

I have seen genocide in Bosnia, Darfur, Iraq....

Again.. you don't understand the actual definition of genocide.
I mean.. not joke, you are DEAD wrong.
You don't know what you are talking about.
You are clueless. I don't know how to get it through to you.

Read my above post.. or better I will post the definition and repost my last post for you special.

Well.. you see.. if you knew what Genocide actually is and what the word actually means then you would take me VERY seriously. I will teach you something so you can understand. I won't hold it against you if you delete your comment when i display your ignorance here.

Article II describes two elements of the crime of genocide:
1) the mental element, meaning the "intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such", and
2) the physical element which includes five acts described in sections a, b, c, d and e. A crime must include both elements to be called "genocide."

Article III described five punishable forms of the crime of genocide: genocide; conspiracy, incitement, attempt and complicity. Excerpt from the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide (For full text click here) "Article II: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

So, I can excuse you for being ignorant of what genocide actually means. Now you should know and no longer excuse Israel's genocide. It's not just killing large numbers of Palestinians (althought that is enough to consider it genocide), but it is also creating an environment that leads towards the death of a group. So Israel is constantly at the helm of a genocide against Israel. Keeping them from recieving aid and materials needed to prosper, causing lower birth rates due to lack of food and resources, and then intermittently killing large numbers of civilians (including the next generation) - all these things combined make genocide. You don't have to summary execute them all. This is a long stretched out genocide. But NOW you understand what genocide is and know that it isn't just killing everyone in a group, it's killing them, while also making the possibility to prosper and grow. Eventually these things combined will spell the end of Palestinians as a people. So, you done been schooled. So yes, THIS IS GENOCIDE. feel ashamed yet? Oh, and not "less than 2000" that's from this conflict (also it's 1.6 million in gaza). The number between year 2000 and now is closer to 7600 to 8000 civilians. Also you may wonder.. how many of the next generation, children have been killed in ten years by Israel. Well that number is between 1537 and 1700. That doesn't include alleged militants. So starving people, keeping them in a prison. Not allowing water and food. Using illegal naval blockades so they can only fish a few miles off shore (like 6 or so). Then killing a couple thousand civilians every 2 or 3 years (israeli's refer to it as "time to mow the lawn." All of that plus the murder of around 8000 people in ten years.. that is the definition of an ongoing genocide.

So, yeah, you don't know what genocide is lol.

(post by flice removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Dear sosobad,

I understand that you don't care for the thread, but I would learn a lot more if you showed me where the OP was wrong. Remembering that neither the OP nor the thread is about which side kills more of such and such.

You seem to misunderstand the purpose of the thread.

Any way, the percentage argument has no validity. With Iron Dome, and bomb shelters, it's a little tougher to kill Israeli civilians. I'm surprised the Gazans aren't taking to the safety of the underground structures Hamas has built.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Your definition fails hard to show genocide.

a national, ethnical, racial or religious group

They are not attacking them because of their Nationality.
They are not attacking them because of their Ethnicity.
They are not attacking them because of their Race.
They are not attacking them because of their Religion.

They are attacking them because they are violent terrorists who are attacking Israel.

Failed. Hard. Learn what genocide is, your post is an insult to all those who have endured it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

I do wish you had addressed the accuracy, or lack of it, in the OP. I get that you don't like the conclusion, but where are the facts wrong? Where is the reasoning wrong? Remembering that the thread was designed to address the claim that Israel is targeting women and children.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: sosobad

Dear sosobad,

I understand that you don't care for the thread, but I would learn a lot more if you showed me where the OP was wrong. Remembering that neither the OP nor the thread is about which side kills more of such and such.

You seem to misunderstand the purpose of the thread.

Any way, the percentage argument has no validity. With Iron Dome, and bomb shelters, it's a little tougher to kill Israeli civilians. I'm surprised the Gazans aren't taking to the safety of the underground structures Hamas has built.

With respect,
Charles1952

And you'd think Israel with the most sophisticated army in the middle east would be able to kill more terrorists than civilians. Those underground tunnels by the way have been inspected by no one but the IDF. The extent of them is unknown except for the IDF's word, the same people who reduced Gaza by another 44% since this conflict started and can't hit their targets with the best weapons in the world without killing civilians.

IDF civilian casualties 72%

Hamas civilian casualties 4.5% and that is being generous

Both are monsters, you are just trying to justify one side over the other.
edit on 12-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

I agree. I hate how the IDF stores weapons in schools.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What ever makes you sleep at night, just another twisted way to make yourself feel better

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Your premise is entirely wrong... and if i do say so..... DESPERATE!
If I can just point out that the female children also count as woman
the percentage goes up.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

What ever makes you sleep at night, just another twisted way to make yourself feel better

I have no horse in this race. I simply know that when you intentionally store weapons where civilians go then any and all civilian deaths are on YOU. I am not Israeli. I am not Jewish. I truly do not care. I just have a working mind.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Dear BELIEVERpriest,

That's an interesting position. I might point out that it appears many people are accusing Israel of intentionally murdering women and children. It seemed to me important to get the facts established, at least on this issue.

But, a little off the topic, is there any war you would like to see your tax dollars go to?

With respect,
Charles1952

How about a war that is not all about YAHWEH AND ALLAH, 2 entities that clearly are not in need of people fighting over them.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I have no horse in this race. I simply know that when you intentionally store weapons where civilians go then any and all civilian deaths are on YOU. I am not Israeli. I am not Jewish. I truly do not care. I just have a working mind.

It is obviously not working the best if you are attributing all the deaths to Hamas, there has market places bombed no rockets hidden there, schools have been hit with no rockets there, mosques hit no rockets there, entire neighbourhoods have been leveled without even a rocket found, you are using one or two confirmed reports to justify the wholesale slaughter of civillians while trying to absolve the IDF. No horse in this race? Could have fooled me.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

this is a reply from daaskapital...

By not bombing crowded neighbourhoods. In my opinion, it would be best to deploy special forces soldiers. While it would prove risky, and there are high chances of death, small, targeted raids could prove better than bombings. It would allow for higher amounts of precision, at the risk of human life.

and he raises a valid point....if the IDF were to risk a few more soldiers initially they have a much higher chance of targeting and killing the Hamas leadership and down through the ranks...this way they could reduce the number of innocent civilians killed as well ...not only that they have a better chance of losing less soldiers in the long run ..both sides are better off...continually bombing targets and hoping to achieve their goal seems a little strange and another reason i am sure that it looks like they are targeting innocents ...

in war there are casualties that is a given...but a targeted attack would seemingly solve a lot of issues along the way

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

It is obviously not working the best if you are attributing all the deaths to Hamas, there has market places bombed no rockets hidden there, schools have been hit with no rockets there, mosques hit no rockets there, entire neighbourhoods have been leveled without even a rocket found, you are using one or two confirmed reports to justify the wholesale slaughter of civillians while trying to absolve the IDF. No horse in this race? Could have fooled me.

I never said all. I don't pretend Israel is perfect. When Hamas does something that causes a response in a civilian area I put civilian deaths on Hamas. Not every death fits that bill.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
in war there are casualties that is a given...but a targeted attack would seemingly solve a lot of issues along the way

These are targeted attacks. Way more civilians die with your method.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I do wish you had addressed the accuracy, or lack of it, in the OP. I get that you don't like the conclusion, but where are the facts wrong? Where is the reasoning wrong? Remembering that the thread was designed to address the claim that Israel is targeting women and children.

Because it doesn't matter if if the IDF terrorists are targeting woman and children or not.

A civilian is a civilian no matter the gender and age.

Your thread is clear case of trying in some weird psychopathic way to justify the MURDER of civilians under the guise of hunting terrorists amongst civilians.

Your thread will NOT sway the idea and sanity that people think its wrong that Israel is not only occupying and encroaching civilians but also killing them off slowly, simply because they don't like them and their kind.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
seems like people will find any reason to hate Jews.

I'm sorry did that sound like im accusing some of you of antisemitism :O

That would be unquestionable.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

Because it doesn't matter if if the IDF terrorists are targeting woman and children or not.

A civilian is a civilian no matter the gender and age.

Your thread is clear case of trying in some weird psychopathic way to justify the MURDER of civilians under the guise of hunting terrorists amongst civilians.

Your thread will NOT sway the idea and sanity that people think its wrong that Israel is not only occupying and encroaching civilians but also killing them off slowly, simply because they don't like them and their kind.

Except people say they are. Hence the thread. Them not targeting women and children is simply them not targeting women and children .. the only logical fallacies come from your side of the aisle in this topic.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

These are targeted attacks. Way more civilians die with your method.

thanks but your post is invalid...if i wanted to ask you i would have...but i didnt...moving on

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join