It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weirdest and Fiercest Helmets from the Age of Armored Combat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Awesome Work and detail.
S&F

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Horus Guards from Star Gate in a conversation using Pulp Fiction dialog:

You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfkrs. Motherfkrss who thought their ass would age like wine." -

RA using Pulp Fiction dialog:
Look, do you wanna play blind man? Go walk with the shepherd. But me, my eyes are wide f'king open."

edit on 13-8-2014 by Spider879 because: just because I can??

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Some people might have died from laughing after seeing some of those helmets, especially the devil one. Though if someone peered through your windows in the middle of the night, you might die of fright.

This is my favorite helmet:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
For fans of the bear suit...

Porcupine Fish Skin Helmet

Helmet (armour) 'te barantauti' made of porcupine fish skin, coconut fibre (coir), vegetable fibre and human hair. The body of a porcupine fish has been expanded and made into a helmet. Ear guards are cut from the fish's body and a two-ply twisted coir tie is used for fastening. Pieces of vegetable fibre and human hair line the front of the helmet.

Kiribati warriors were known for their ferocity. They also had the most fully developed armour in the Pacific. In Kiribati, wars were often fought over an insult, or over territory.

edit on 13-8-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Stargate? haha well played.. can you tell me what these were from?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Willow?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
Willow?

Yes Pillow if it wasn't for ol skull face i'd be stomped.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Desiderius Helmschmid, c. 1540

Looks like Beta Ray Bill

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Modoshawan 5th element:
Ding dong ♫..ahaa excuse me sir?? we'v been travailing for a longtime, is it possible we could use your bathroom real quick ma friend Bob here needs to go real bad.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

edit on 14-8-2014 by Clonevandal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Fantastic thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
For those interested in English armour from the Tudor times here is a documentary. The horned helmet with the glasses is in it. It was a present from Maximillian the Holy Roman Emperor to Henry the 8th.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am touring the national museum of art in Washington DC, and thought I'd post these

Fabulous stuff up close, but these were strictly parade helmets and would have been useless in combat.

I'm going to track down any other Amor displays while I'm here.

edit on 17-9-2014 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

If you can take the train up to NYC and go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Closer to DC is the Richmond Museum of Fine Arts of lesser goodness is The Philidelphia Museum of Art. However for really great medieval armor you need to go to Europe.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We were supposed to do that yesterday, but the whole eastern corridor was down between dc and philly. Booo
Did get some fabulous stuff from the Freer gallery of Asian art, and will post later.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Mandingo

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rowanflame

Mandingo

Hi Rowanflame do you have a link to the above,I came across medieval Mali armor and helmet but never saw one quite like the above.

The closest I came is the above quilted armor and it's not of Mali but of Kenam Bornu,the above remain me of a blowfish helmet the spear looked like wood or bone the Mandingos would be wielding steel ,are you sure this isn't from the Pacific??
Actually your example is from the Pacific scroll -up wards.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Spider879 because: add info

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join