It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Prison Abuse Photos - Warning graphic pics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I didnt see those pictures at the site. But still people get bloody in war how could you prove that those wounds didnt happen during fighting. About stepping on people cops do that, when you resist your likely to get a nice knee to the back of the neck to hold you down.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Still don't see any abuse. Sorry. (Maybe the thread title should be changed!)

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
These photos are laughable. If there is evidence of prisoner abuse it is definitely not in the photos that I have seen. Maybe if we sent our military into combat armed bean bags and had a battalion of Candy Stripers to detain PWs, our PC friends would be happy.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Come on, guys...get a life. This is no abuse. Go to any high school football locker room, any college frat party, and people have worse things happen than being posed nude or lauged at. Yeah they took pics with guns pointed at people.....oh no. Nevermind the fact that these people were in fact trying to kill them a few minutes earlier. They are terrorists. They would like to kill me, they would like to kill you (even though you defend them) and they would like to kill your mother and your children. I think they get a good break if they are captured. It sure beats the alternative. And the majority of the time, they get treated much better than they should. Ever get road rage or pissed at someone for stealing your parking space? You say...I would kick his a$$ or whatever. Well, imagine a terrorist shooting at you, maybe hitting you, or maybe worse, hitting your buddy, and then somehow he gets lucky enough not to be killed and you end up capturing him. Think about it....

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yeah, but what is new? We already know US forces are oppressing, humilating, molesting and butchering the Iraqi people. It's been exposed many times already, and many human rights organizations know this to be systematic and institutional.

So, please stop posting these topics, because they make me sick. No, it is not the actual material that makes me sick, it's those people who reply to it and deny that "their" heroes can do such a thing, or "in war, these things happen" Then I just think to myself, while laughing at them in the back of my mind, just wait till these spineless sheeps get the same from "their" heroes. (I guess you didn't know that your heroes are drafted from criminals)

What makes me sick is the hypocrisy and duplicity of these people. I mean cut the BS yeah and face the truths, and just accept you are supporting an illegal war, that is commiting public genocide of the Iraqi people. You know, I will even respect you more if you do.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There is no abuse in these photos. What you see is photos probably taken immediatly after a raid on a insurgent house. The prisioners were probably just taken into custody and one of the Seals broke out the camera and took photos of the prisioners being cuffed searched and put onto transports for shipment out of the area. They should be happy they are alive. I would imagine the blood you see is a result of injuries they recieved during the raid, not torture. What do you expect our soldiers to do rush into a house filled with insurgents and ask them nicely to give up or we will be forced to gently detain you.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Indigo child...my question to you is this. How do you know so much about how "US forces are oppressing, humilating, molesting and butchering the Iraqi people."? When were you there and with what unit?
I dont get my info from a television with media full of left wing liars, believing everything I see because of some inner political correctedness is always best, everyone is wrong but me, blame the god guys for the bad guys, attitude. Nope, I am a part of this. I've been shot twice and seen much worse happen to good people. Americans and INNOCENT IRAQIS. Its personal to me and its just ridiculous for you and everyone else to degrade guys who are serving honorably doing what you dont have the guts to do, defending your freedom to be a whiny bitch on the internet.
If you only knew the truth...and you can seek it by asking someone who is there or has been there....I am sure you would change your mind. There is no telling how many people we have helped, much more than we have hurt. I just dont understand this popular logic of making these terrorists out to be decent people. They arent. They are extremists who are seriously psychotic and evil. You just dont get it that the people we kill would love to kill you and everyone else you know. They steal, rape, tortue, and kill innocent people eveyday. They dance and singa nd play with body parts. Its disgusting but it is the truth, and it is a twisted idea to blame it on any of us. Its like me blaming you. Its all your falt from now on. Or better yet, lets blame it on anyone born in 1973. No substance whatsoever behind that statement. Sounds pretty ridiculous.
If you only knew how honorable our guys are and how much care goes into what we do....Yes, we kill bad guys. But yes, we help guys that arent bad. What you dont see on the new is us being invited into homes daily, eating with families, playing with kids, 90% of the guys I know carry candy received in care packages just to give to kids everyday. Parents come up and hand us babies, I had a village of schoolchildren surround meand they all ran from their houses with English books so I could read to them. The old "see Jane run" stuff we used as kids.
I'm not one to usually even look into these sights, much less post on it, but for some reason I did. Most of the guys are like me. We just fdont worry about arguing or trying to convince the ignorant masses. The loudest voices you hear, the whining, complaining, thats just not us. We are too busy doing what needs to be done to make the world a safer place and you should feel a little bit ashamed for your attitude. But, you know what...its not too late to think a little more freely..e...seek the truth...do the right thing...have some honor and pride in yourself and your country

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I believe there are two problems,

(1) People who are shocked by any level of violence, and
(2) People who totally dismiss ALL violence as insignificant.

Currently I think the people controlling the US government are of the second class.
My 2 cents, I realize we live in a world that is based on violence. If most intelligent people think about it they will realize it too. Animals are butchered so we can eat meat. Vegetables too. Our civilization so isolates us from daily functional violence that we live in an illusion. Many people in the first class forget the violence that our day to day living is based on. We wipe out forests so we can build houses and other structures. Being essentially/intellectually amoral I am abivialent. Stupid and wreckless destruction of habitat will likely come back to bite us in the *ss however. Long term sustainability of living standards has to become a much bigger consideration in our society and government.

I am even crass enough to say violence against other humans is acceptable if it is a means to a necessary end. To do so wantonly and stupidly without clear ideas and goals in mind is not only counter productive, it's just plain insane. Some testoserone driven males sometimes seem to enjoy violence. Some extreme ideologues, religious and political, have agendas detatched from reality. These types of people have to be kept out of power.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This site here has a few of the pictures I hadn't seen before:

mparent7777.blog-city.com...

Apparently, the guy holding up his fists isn't threatening the guy, it's some kind of signal to soldiers who are off camera.

The guy who holding the man's head back is following SOP for photographing subjects for identification purposes.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Honestly these pictures dont seem like too big a deal. I mean there is nothing really incriminating in them ...

However some one in military command saw it worth investigating so the jury is still out in my opinion, I mean there could be pictures that show true abuse that havent been released yet but who knows really.

Well we'll see whats true

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
After Abu Ghraib, any photograph depicting prisoners or anyone who looks like a prisoner will come under scrutiny.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Animals are butchered so we can eat meat. Vegetables too.

Technically that would be 'greengrocered' for the latter.

Only things that draw blood from a sentient creature are butchery.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

These photos are laughable. If there is evidence of prisoner abuse it is definitely not in the photos that I have seen. Maybe if we sent our military into combat armed bean bags and had a battalion of Candy Stripers to detain PWs, our PC friends would be happy.

Your army is there to liberate and bring democracy to the people and your army is there to advise a country torn by dictatorship on western ethics and moral; your army is not there to act in way whic is reminiscent of school yard bullying.

I will admit that the pictures are not exactly dictating an atmosphere of 'abuse'.

Deep

top topics

<< 1   >>

join