It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

New Prison Abuse Photos - Warning graphic pics

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:
LL1

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You would have thought that the Navy SEALs would have learned
from the last recent hearings.



CORONADO – The U.S. military has launched a criminal investigation
into photographs that appear to show Navy SEALs in Iraq sitting
on hooded and handcuffed detainees, and photos of what
appear to be bloodied prisoners, one with a gun to his head.


(Added text "warning graphic pics" as asked by poster) - NC

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Netchicken]




posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
They know they can get away with it. This government encourages it.



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think we should remember that photos of so called abuse have been faked before and that it would be wrong to jump to conclusions. The US Navy SEALs are very professional and competent Soldiers, among the best the US has to offer. Perhaps we should give them the benefit of the doubt until it is proven beyond a doubt these are real photos of abuse.
I have a lot of respect for the SEALs and id hate for them to be tarred and feathered without good cause



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Which were faked? I must have missed the debunking.



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I didn't see anything that looks like abuse. I looked through the pics on the site, maybe I missed something?



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Click Me


Photographs of UK Troops abusing prisoners were proved to be fake, was a big story in the UK at the time. They were printed in a UK newspaper and then proven to be fake.

EDIT: Edited to add link

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Janus]


LL1

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Perhaps you should read why there was a trial based on the prior abuse photo incident...
I too hold the Navy SEALs in high regards.

FORT BRAGG, North Carolina (Reuters) - Attorneys for Lynndie England, a U.S. soldier charged with abusing Iraqi inmates at a Baghdad prison, have asked to have her early statements to investigators and photos of her with naked prisoners thrown out as evidence in her court-martial.

Photographs of England holding a naked prisoner on a leash and pointing to the genitals of another inmate at Abu Ghraib prison shocked the world and damaged the Bush administration's efforts in Iraq when they surfaced publicly in April.

"We had the pictures," Special Agent Paul Arthur replied.



Not all photos were fake..



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Perhaps you should read why there was a trial based on the prior abuse photo incident...
I too hold the Navy SEALs in high regards.

FORT BRAGG, North Carolina (Reuters) - Attorneys for Lynndie England, a U.S. soldier charged with abusing Iraqi inmates at a Baghdad prison, have asked to have her early statements to investigators and photos of her with naked prisoners thrown out as evidence in her court-martial.

Photographs of England holding a naked prisoner on a leash and pointing to the genitals of another inmate at Abu Ghraib prison shocked the world and damaged the Bush administration's efforts in Iraq when they surfaced publicly in April.

"We had the pictures," Special Agent Paul Arthur replied.



Not all photos were fake..


True, not all Abuse allegations are false, all I'm saying is that until these photos are proven beyond doubt to be real then it would be wrong of us to condemn these men. Innocent until proven guilty.


LL1

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"When first questioned in January, on the night investigators
discovered the now-notorious Abu Ghraib photos, England
allegedly admitted taking part in several incidents of humiliation."



December 4, 2004
Ex-Iraq prison commander ordered to testify
"The decision came as the Navy said it was investigating new photographs obtained by The Associated Press that appear to show Navy SEALs in Iraq sitting on hooded and handcuffed detainees. Other photos show what appear to be bloodied prisoners."

There is a theory on association, in which when one begins to associate with certain groups of people they internalize a/their behaviour, and become more like them.
Sutherland's Theory
This is what is going on in Iraq, they are internalizing their environment....
Is it their fault? Has the environment made them what they are? What they are becoming?

And YES Janus! they are innocent until proven guilty...



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Violence has a way of becoming routine, especially in War. I served in Northern Ireland and believe me i was no Angel. There is no excuse for this kind of abuse but it does happen, id go as far as saying that it has happened in every war ever fought. If they are guilty then they should be punished. But pictures sometimes convey what isn't there and our minds tend to fill in the blanks.



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
You would have thought that the Navy SEALs would have learned
from the last recent hearings.



CORONADO The U.S. military has launched a criminal investigation
into photographs that appear to show Navy SEALs in Iraq sitting
on hooded and handcuffed detainees, and photos of what
appear to be bloodied prisoners, one with a gun to his head.




Boy I am willing to bet those that know how to use Photoshop are really enjoying this. How on earth will anyone know if this is true or not?


Kindly note the quoted portion states "CORONADO The U.S. military has launched a criminal investigation
into photographs that appear to show Navy SEALs in Iraq sitting
on hooded and handcuffed detainees, and photos of what
appear to be bloodied prisoners, one with a gun to his head."


No where does it state this is a fact, that is my point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots


Boy I am willing to bet those that know how to use Photoshop are really enjoying this. How on earth will anyone know if this is true or not?



you would have to very good at photoshop to do that.


this is just another case of US forces showing that they to can be like saddams forces and humiliate their prisinors


LL1

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
shots
"No where does it state this is a fact, that is my point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nothing is fact without a trial, and evidence is submitted, and the
military court decides.
Just like the England trial.



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
I think we should remember that photos of so called abuse have been faked before and that it would be wrong to jump to conclusions. The US Navy SEALs are very professional and competent Soldiers, among the best the US has to offer. Perhaps we should give them the benefit of the doubt until it is proven beyond a doubt these are real photos of abuse.
I have a lot of respect for the SEALs and id hate for them to be tarred and feathered without good cause


Competent en ruthless nevertheless...sheit happens in every war, its just blowing off some steam for these guys



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
They're NOT photoshopped, the story is on Drudge and there's an investigation.

apnews.myway.com...

If you dont believe the source, then go to www.drudge.com



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
I'm sorry, but I didn't see anything that looks like abuse. I looked through the pics on the site, maybe I missed something?


I with you on this one - I don't see any prisoners being abused in these photos. Are there other photos?

From a Telegraph article the source of the pictures is the wife of a serviceman:


The photos were posted on a picture-sharing website by a woman who claimed her husband, a serviceman, had brought them home from Iraq. Copies were passed to the navy by Associated Press after a one of its journalists stumbled across them on the internet. The photographs appear to have been taken during a raid on a house. Several show grinning men in US uniform taking turns to sit and lie on three hooded prisoners in the back of a lorry, according to the news agency. One showed a man lying on the floor with a boot on his chest.

Although the pictures depict degrading treatment of detainees and violate US military rules, it was unclear whether the actions were criminal. Navy regulations prohibited photographing detainees except to keep records of prisoners or for counter-intelligence purposes, Cmdr Bender said.


B.

Full article - Telegraph



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Man, when are people going to realize that this happens on all sides, in every war, and probably every war that has ever happened. Im sure that there are Vietnam vets that still have ears in mason jars in their basements. I have friends that have pictures from the first Gulf war posing with dead Iraqi soldiers but back home are some of most decent people I know. Now, in no way do I condone this, but of course I have never been in the hell of combat so I will keep my judgment to myself. I believe that we are finding out the sad truth (again) that in war its hard to be a gentleman. I mean, come on, think about it the British tried to keep a civility in war for hundreds of years and realized soon that it wouldnt work when fighting an enemy that didnt follow their rules. I know we are getting so much flak for this because many say that we should know better and that we shouldnt stoop to their level. Maybe cases, such as this, will show that deep down we are essentially all just the same. When you place a human being in this type of situation, under this much stress, theyre not going to perform at their ethical best.



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Originally posted by SourGrapes
I'm sorry, but I didn't see anything that looks like abuse. I looked through the pics on the site, maybe I missed something?


I with you on this one - I don't see any prisoners being abused in these photos. Are there other photos?




I also agree with you guys Unless there are other pictures or something. I know there are "rules" that you cant use pictures of POWS for propaganda but its not like the military posted these pictures on their website or released them to the news channels.



posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just like other posters: I see detainee's, but what abuse are we talking about? Dont see any.

Dont confuse hoods, packed transportation with abuse guys. And in war people point guns at people. No abuse there at all. Sorry, no story here.

Maybe we should dress them all in Armani suits and carry them about on giant silk pillows while feeding them caviar? Maybe a limo? Get real people.



posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Just like other posters: I see detainee's, but what abuse are we talking about? Dont see any.


There are other photos.


I don't have all of them but there are some on AP:
apnews.myway.com...




There are some more on this page:
ancapistan.typepad.com...




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join