It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag and Star Fishing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There are a lot of news stories out there right now. Some of them are all everyone is talking about. If you look at the threads being created if you click the "new" link above, you would think that ATS doesn't have a search button.

I am tired of seeing the same story being posted in 10 different forums. Can we please let one thread exist on the issue?
I feel that members are ignoring the search/threads because they are in the hope that their thread will earn flags.

Earn some flags by writing some original material!
Not by just reporting what you saw on the news or what you saw in another thread!

/End Rant
edit on 8/11/2014 by imnotanother because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother

No flag for you!!!

Oh btw, did you hear about Robin Williams?

edit on 11-8-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Frankly the search feather is sub-par. Not only that, it doesnt' show the date a thread was posted.

Fix the search function and perhaps people will use it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

not fishing for stars here
just my 20th post

have a star

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Open to bribes ... one star = one beer flag = case of beer s&f = case of fine whisky

* note only real beer accepted not that coloured water americans call beer and 750 ml bottles.

Additional stars to replies = box of cuban cigars.

terms subject to change at anytime ..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The search function should be structured to look for the most recent postings on a subject first. Like the same day.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

American Malt Liquor is where it's at.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Open to bribes ... one star = one beer flag = case of beer s&f = case of fine whisky

* note only real beer accepted not that coloured water americans call beer and 750 ml bottles.

Additional stars to replies = box of cuban cigars.

terms subject to change at anytime ..

Your case of beer, case of fine whiskey, and box of Cuban cigars are on the way

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hey Mike Wazcowski, can you tell me where to get malt liquor?

edit on 12-8-2014 by abe froman because: the funny

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Typical of a big story as most rush to get a piece of the action. Maybe for some members to rank hire in position though it hardly matters anymore due to the 16 plus million star glitches for many long time members. While I agree, ATS has gone the way of a mainstream news reporting site now. Expect it as such due to member driven content contributers favoring it. How dare it be someone's own written conspiracy!
edit on 11-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

They have malt liquor at every liquor store. I have seen it in the richest neighborhoods and the suburbs. My last two years of high-school were in a very nice, very rich suburb.I knew more kids who drank malt liquor there than when I went to high-school in one of the worst neighborhoods in my area.

edit on 11-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I can't afford fancy beer so 3 bucks to get buzzed will have to do. Really whats the difference anyway poison is poison.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Hey Expat.

Would a Keg of Honey Mead suffice?

I'll throw in one of my easy recipes too...

Des

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

google operators

use operators for boolean google searches or just use the advanced search page

google advanced search

you can even specify how far back to look using the advanced search

or you can also use filters on a google search. .

using google filters

not trying to promote google or anything. . it just works better than a standard ATS search IMO

PS, you can also use 3rd party search engines such a startpage.com with operators to search google with more anonymity
edit on 11-8-2014 by lurker007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Star "fishing" eh?

Well, come on in...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You realize the drawback of taking the time to use the search function, right? You can't get the breaking news posted up first if you're wasting time trying to be courteous and efficient

(In other words, yes, you're totally correct.)

edit on 11-8-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy
So from white high school kids in good neighborhoods? Sounds legit...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: karmicecstasy
So from white high school kids in good neighborhoods? Sounds legit...

Yep those white high-school kids in that good neighborhood used to love that stuff. It might not fit your biased world view but it is the truth. You are free to believe or not to believe. Up to you brother.

So I will not be derailing the OP. I think ATS does a fairly good job of handling duplicate threads. On the other hand there were like 1000 Robin Williams threads today. That is to be expected though. He just died and a lot of people like him.

edit on 12-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy I grew up in S.C. in a school 75% black, with all black friends. I was harassed and even had my life threatened by small town rednecks because I had black friends. I was beaten up by a group of white guys who robbed me broke my glasses and left me bleeding in a field on the side of the road because i had black friends, true story.

Some of my friends drank Schlitz malt liquor bull and Colt 45 but most of us drank Old English, also known as 8 ball and old gold to us.

Man it is way too easy to make snap judgements about people we've never met based on a couple of sentences on the internet...

Oh sorry what were you saying about my biased world view?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: karmicecstasy I grew up in S.C. in a school 75% black, with all black friends. I was harassed and even had my life threatened by small town rednecks because I had black friends. I was beaten up by a group of white guys who robbed me broke my glasses and left me bleeding in a field on the side of the road because i had black friends, true story.

Some of my friends drank Schlitz malt liquor bull and Colt 45 but most of us drank Old English, also known as 8 ball and old gold to us.

Man it is way too easy to make snap judgements about people we've never met based on a couple of sentences on the internet...

Oh sorry what were you saying about my biased world view?

I never said you were biased against African American people. I do not think that. You are the one who assumed from a few sentences. I have seen and read many of your posts. I never get that vibe from you. I meant your biased against people who live in low income high crime areas, the ghetto. Which is a valid position to take. My only problem is you paint broad strokes that is all. Like thinking only ghetto people drink malt liquor and suburban kids would never drink it. But enough of that lol. This is not what this thread is about. So i bow out of this one.

top topics

join