It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What, if anything, do you think needs to be changed about the U.S. Constitution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Constitutional Democratic Republic. If carried out correctly, the voting system is not supposed to be used to take rights away from others.

I do agree though. I think we can do better in allowing for the option to choose. Votes work great for voting in government officials, but should not be used to define rights among different types of people. Equal rights means if one gets it, we all do.
edit on 12-8-2014 by PansophicalSynthesis because: added *not

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Amendment: Term limits for ALL political appointed positions.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PansophicalSynthesis

Maybe a return to the original format is in order and removal of your Illuminati overlords would not go a miss i imagine, same can be said regarding my own nation and its system of Gooberment control.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Term limits on Congressmen, Senators and Federal Judges...to start.
Career politicians and career-long-influence should not be allowed.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Accountability for actions or failures to act

No dual-citizens to hold any political office or military commission

Lobbying becomes a federal crime

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A little less vague in many areas would be nice. Then again I suppose in many ways that was on purpose so that each generation could interpret it and keep it from becoming a relic in a short amount of time. However that same vagueness means random people read it and think it means one thing while others read it in think it means another. Granted the final decision on that comes from the courts be that does not keep every random person on the internet declaring things unconstitutional or vice versa while next person is saying the opposite. People study the thing their entire lives and still are not always sure what was meant in some cases.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Explain how then this would not conflict with the freedom of the press and freedom of speech. If I pay to run a pamphlet that is political in nature, part of that speech is the use of monies to present it.

edit on 12-8-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Accountability for actions or failures to act

No dual-citizens to hold any political office or military commission

Lobbying becomes a federal crime

Lobbying is explicitly protected in the First Amendment....do you propose removing our Right to bring grievances to our elected officials? How would you define what is and isn't a grievence?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Interstate commerce is the bane of our existence, and why we are currently governed by corporate america and not by the people. When the constitution was written, interstate commerce was an important fact for our country to develop into what it is. Now in a global marketplace, all it does is give our government the ability to govern through each and every corporate lobby out there.

At this point, people who think the 'two party' system is real, you have been hoodwinked. Each and every candidate is funded by the same people with the same interests to keep our government functioning the way that has upset most average Americans.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Amendment: Term limits for ALL political appointed positions.

You mean the limits of term that are already in place? It is up to the free peoples of each State to decide if they want such continued incompetence. A "term limit" amendment in my opinion removes more power from the People to a central Government.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Term limits appear to work for the executive branch.

Why not for the legislative?

Honest question. . . .

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Beeze...a great question and observation but has it actually benefited the People?

I do not feel that term limits on the Executive are effective and have, in essence given credence that the office welds more power than what was given.

When I am off my device and onto a more prudent form of communication, I will elaborate.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PansophicalSynthesis
a reply to: imnotanother
I have sympathy for your stance, but if we are not taxed, then our government can do less.

All the more reason.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PansophicalSynthesis
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I have mixed feelings and thoughts about this, but I have also deliberated the same issue.

You think just an exclusion of that part of the text would solve it? I think so, as far as text is concerned. What do you propose for actual reality? How do we secure the border, and what do we do with the illegals and their currently legal babies?

I think maybe secure the border first, then change the constitution, then it will apply to all new illegals.

I think you make a great point.

For some reason Washington just doesn't want to enforce current laws when it comes to border security, and thats not just this administration but many before as well. Fixing the 14th just insures illegally coming across using our free medical to have a child and expecting citizenship doesn't happen. But yes secure the border first and foremost.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

1st and foremost the legal agents sworn to uphold it are held to that standard or are put in prison at the very appearance of impropriety.
2nd Only Human Beings have rights under the constitution. Corporations are not people, legal fictions cannot and never have constitutional legal protections. Corporations also can only exist for 10 years, and that liscence cannot EVER be renewed and their existence must benefit the public and there are no legal protections for the owners for malfeasance. I.E. penetrating the corp. veil is extremely easy.
3rd Those who benefit the most from the system pays the most tax rates, this cannot be undone by law only by another amendment.
4th. Congress cannot approve their own wage increase without increasing the minimum wage by twice the amount they approve for themselves.
5th Trusts are eliminated.
6th The Federal Reserve and all Central Banks are abolished.
7th The income tax is reverted to the correct and original meaning, Gains from a business venture, ie profit. Trading time for money does not result in a gain.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'll try to get around to everyone that I deem important. I'm sorry guys. I should have posted all the amendments are articles so that before people posted, they could know whether or not what they propose is already stated in the constitution.

Many things that have been proposed here already exist within the constitution, it's just not being followed, and those not following it aren't being held accountable. We solve that through an efficient and effective legislative branch that holds all government officials accountable for their actions. The legislative branch is the largest and most powerful branch of government in this country. When it becomes corrupt, the country fails to reflect its constitution.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

What's your idea for securing the border? Troops, a wall, cameras, thermal sensors, etc? I mean, we can keep people out of area 51 without high tech, why not the border?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I understand that, I thought the site he linked was discussing a pure democracy which is not a good thing in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: okamitengu
adherence...

First post nails it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

1st and foremost the legal agents sworn to uphold it are held to that standard or are put in prison at the very appearance of impropriety.
2nd Only Human Beings have rights under the constitution. Corporations are not people, legal fictions cannot and never have constitutional legal protections. Corporations also can only exist for 10 years, and that liscence cannot EVER be renewed and their existence must benefit the public and there are no legal protections for the owners for malfeasance. I.E. penetrating the corp. veil is extremely easy.
3rd Those who benefit the most from the system pays the most tax rates, this cannot be undone by law only by another amendment.
4th. Congress cannot approve their own wage increase without increasing the minimum wage by twice the amount they approve for themselves.
5th Trusts are eliminated.
6th The Federal Reserve and all Central Banks are abolished.
7th The income tax is reverted to the correct and original meaning, Gains from a business venture, ie profit. Trading time for money does not result in a gain.

So completely do away with the entire concept of a free republic and start a Marxist state--no thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join